Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues Practice Matches 2015 (Read 27603 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues Practice Matches 2015

Reply #60
How we let him go to Adelaide while we have Green running our forward line is beyond me.

Reply #61
This has certainly been the case since the NBs lost David Teague as their Senior Coach. Under his tenure you often saw senior listed blokes tearing it up.

x2..DT was a great NB's coach....players loved him and he was very good one on one, seem to have the balance of teaching, development and coaching right.

Surely we can do better than Webster......never heard him talk anything but general terms to the playing group...

Reply #62
I don't know how he goes as a developer, but he doesn't do much for me as NB coach. He doesn't appear to have a lot of passion, nor have I heard anything that suggests strategic or tactical brilliance.
However, none of our development coaches appear to be doing a great job of developing our list. Nor do I see the sort of passion in the that I hope to see.
I did like Teague as a coach.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #63
I don't know how he goes as a developer, but he doesn't do much for me as NB coach. He doesn't appear to have a lot of passion, nor have I heard anything that suggests strategic or tactical brilliance.
However, none of our development coaches appear to be doing a great job of developing our list. Nor do I see the sort of passion in the that I hope to see.
I did like Teague as a coach.

Having listened to a number of our assistants when addressing the NBs at qtr and 3 qtr time over very recent years, especially Webster, you couldn't fault them in terms of 'saying all the right things' but successful coaching/development/leadership people are first and foremost brilliant at 'connecting' with the players. Teague did this and the players really responded. And you can't teach that. Some people are naturally engaging with their communication skills/style.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #64
This has certainly been the case since the NBs lost David Teague as their Senior Coach. Under his tenure you often saw senior listed blokes tearing it up.

You would also see senior listed players in the VFL reserves until they earned a place in the seniors. This allowed them more game time in positions for which they were being developed and it meant that the senior team was generally better because it was selected on performance and the other players benefited from playing in the best possible team. DT regularly got better results.

Reply #65
x2..DT was a great NB's coach....players loved him and he was very good one on one, seem to have the balance of teaching, development and coaching right.

Surely we can do better than Webster......never heard him talk anything but general terms to the playing group...

Teague was the last coach, reserves or senior, that we saw any player development under!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
You would also see senior listed players in the VFL reserves until they earned a place in the seniors. This allowed them more game time in positions for which they were being developed and it meant that the senior team was generally better because it was selected on performance and the other players benefited from playing in the best possible team. DT regularly got better results.
I agree,
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #67

They don't go back and tear it up anymore, it just never happens.

Last weekend we saw a bunch of U18s push experienced AFL players to within a couple of goals, not one of them dominated!

It says something about our attitude, it says something about our mindset and it says something about our coaches!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
Is the NBs a training ground for "going through the motions"? I haven't seen much of them yet this year but it certainly seems that way from reports.
Reality always wins in the end.