Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 8: Northern Blues vs. Coburg (Read 30204 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round 8: Northern Blues vs. Coburg

Reply #15
NB 9 - 9 - 63
Coburg 10 - 5 - 65
More than a few heart breakers this season for the NB's. But you can't say they give it away.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
Lost 63-65

DISPOSALS: McGuinness 30, Cattapan 24, Ellard 23, Walsh 23, Yarran 23, Fields 20.

GOALS: Ellard 3, Watson 2, Yarran, Johnson, Jaksch, Holman.

Reply #17
Interesting to read any reports.

DISPOSALS: McGuinness 30, Cattapan 24, Ellard 23, Walsh 23, Yarran 23, Fields 20

One of the things that worries me the most is that a guy like McGuinness, one of our coaches, is getting the most number of possessions each week. Where are guys like Viojo Rainbow, Smith, Watson, Johnson and co? We are just not getting enough from a lot of listed guys.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
Lost 63-65

DISPOSALS: McGuinness 30, Cattapan 24, Ellard 23, Walsh 23, Yarran 23, Fields 20.

Has to be the elevated rookie for CJ5. 

Reply #20
Yes Walsh seems to be showing some promise. Anyone know Jones stats?

Reply #21
Another solid performance by Watto with two goals. Will he get a run at it? Not likely with Cas and Kreuz in the side.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
Another solid performance by Watto with two goals. Will he get a run at it? Not likely with Cas and Kreuz in the side.

Everitt is ahead of him as a forward too at the moment
Fourth or fifth in line.

I think he's probably done and dusted.... but given he'd be a delisting or a "small value" trade I'd like to see him given 3 or 4 games up forward with us playing a similar style to Saturday.
He may show something another team might like.

Reply #24
Everitt is ahead of him as a forward too at the moment
Fourth or fifth in line.

I think he's probably done and dusted.... but given he'd be a delisting or a "small value" trade I'd like to see him given 3 or 4 games up forward with us playing a similar style to Saturday.
He may show something another team might like.

Or he may click into gear like the rest of them did and kick a few bags! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
I haven't seen Walsh play. Elwood has always stated he has leadership ability. Would love to see him get a few games in our senior squad. With Judd out it would make sense to elevate him and give him a go.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #26

And Hendeson.  The time might be coming when you need to perform to keep your place as a tall on the forward line. 

Reply #27
2015 Peter Jackson VFL
Coburg   3.1  7.1  8.2  10.5 (65)
Northern Blues   3.2  4.4  7.9  9.9 (63)

GOALS:
Coburg: Younan 3 Cauchi 2 Carnell 2 Venditti  Fox  Hill
Northern Blues: Ellard 3 Watson 2 Jaksch  Johnson  Holman  Yarran

BEST:
Coburg: Venditti Orr McConnell Younan Hartley Fox
Northern Blues: Ellard Walsh Armitage Holman Watson McGuinness

Watson got a mention, where others, like Fields and Jaksch, did not. He must have done a fair bit of ruck work, as Aurrichio was the only other ruckman playing and he was debuting. In fact, none of the other talls got a mention. Maybe it just wasn't the day for talls with the wind as it was.
Similarly, Holman must have been doing a negative job, as he did not get 20 possessions.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
Liam Jones obviously didn't play otherwise his name would have been up in lights??
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #29
Liam Jones obviously didn't play otherwise his name would have been up in lights??

Either that or he was best on ground and they couldn't remember how to spell his name, or forgot to mention him at all. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.