Skip to main content
Topic: Gidday from Gold Coast (Read 7667 times) previous topic - next topic

Gidday from Gold Coast

Hi guys & gals
My first post and just wanted to introduce myself. 49, married with two beautiful girls , living on the Goldy and whilst I don't get to many games, I am a member and each year flirt with divorce due to the amount of Carlton ISC gear I purchase.
Initially from NSW and remember as a very young boy turning the Tele on and watching this strange game they called Aussie Rules. I am a mad Sydney Roosters fan in the NRL. What I noticed about this game was the team wearing these beautiful navy blue uniforms with this cool emblem. And there was this guy that wore a head band, balding head, who used to take guys heads off. The commentator called him the flying doormat. I also loved this gangly guy that seemed to be able to mark over players much bigger than him. His name was Ken Hunter. Ever since then I have loved Carlton and followed ever since.
Really look forward to reading the posts on here. For what it's worth I am a big Kade Simpson fan. I love his heart
Cheers
JC
JC

Re: Gidday from Gold Coast

Reply #1
Welcome JC.

Feel free to post any stupid crap that crosses your mind.

I always do.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2
It's a pre-requisite for forum participation ;) ;D

Welcome JC

Reply #3
Hey JC, welcome aboard. cimm1979 isn't tell fibs about posting crap. He is a champion in this field. I think he got his stupid ideas from me. I don't know how they didn't get rid of me 8 years ago. I am amazed you never mentioned Harmes, The Dominator and a few others along with Doull and Hunter. They were all greats. Cheers.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
Onya JC.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Yes, welcome JC.  I reckon you'll fit right in.  Just don't believe the rubbish that some folk spout  ;)

Seriously, there are some very knowledgeable blokes and girls here with far too much time on their hands  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Welcome JC.

Good to see another Blues fan joining our ranks on here.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
Welcome to the Site. 

Reply #8
Welcome JC, my brother in law has moved to the Gold Coast from NSW too - loves it...

My only AFL GC story was finding a cafe at Broadbeach called Charlie's (covered in Charlie Chaplin images).  The manager came up and slowly broke into conversation about my kids liking AFL.  Turns out it was the Riewoldt family business and the manager was Nick's dad - nice bloke...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #9
Welcome JC.
Lucky you chose right and support the Mighty Blue boys, and not the coke heads from up your way lol.

Reply #10
Welcome John, it's nice to have a fellow Queenslander on board!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #11
And another Queenslander here , welcome John, go Blues

Reply #12
Welcome John. Two daughters eh? Same boat here. So where's all your grey hair!!  ;) :))

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17