Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers  (Read 51210 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #60
Disagree re the flag part mate, not sure what more you want TBH for them to be considered contenders.

Fair enough, your opinion. They work hard and play for each other but seem to lack that final polish that it normally takes to win a flag - my opinion. We made plenty of errors that they just failed to capitalise on, some they did but we got away with plenty of others. I suppose they could just get lucky if they got to a GF and their opponents had an off day.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
Time to give up on Hendo as a forward. Play him back so he can get some confidence. Play Rowe forward, at least he would give the forward line a bit of mongrel.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #62
Time to give up on Hendo as a forward. Play him back so he can get some confidence. Play Rowe forward, at least he would give the forward line a bit of mongrel.

Agree. I don't know how bad Jamo's injury is (concussion) but Hendo's return to the backline would seem timely.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
Ironic the amount of people singling out individual players and there lack of defensive nature, given the number of people who complained about Malthouse being TOO negative and trying to make everyone work on their defensive side. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Reply #64
Some players last night seemed to be  playing as if they really don't want to be out there in Navy Blue.

We really don't have much to lose if we start helping them out with their decision making.
I'd rather a player going full bore and stinking it up than a talented player putting in half efforts.....and stinking it up.

Reply #65
Some players last night seemed to be  playing as if they really don't want to be out there in Navy Blue.

We really don't have much to lose if we start helping them out with their decision making.
I'd rather a player going full bore and stinking it up than a talented player putting in half efforts.....and stinking it up.

It's far from an excuse, but the conditions were terrible last night. That never really shows up on TV, but it was very cold wet and windy. I'm not suprised some of our 'finishers' had quiet games.
Yarran probably hasn't played too many games in those conditions before. Part of the problem with playing half your games indoors, and for him growing up in the heat of the west.

Reply #66
It's far from an excuse, but the conditions were terrible last night. That never really shows up on TV, but it was very cold wet and windy. I'm not suprised some of our 'finishers' had quiet games.
Yarran probably hasn't played too many games in those conditions before. Part of the problem with playing half your games indoors, and for him growing up in the heat of the west.

Yarran was off all night, even before the 50 metre penalty thing.
...you know how it is sometimes...you know they're off, and you hope they don't get the ball because you know they'll stuff it up
His mind just didn't seem to be there.
Rain may affect skills but it shouldn't stop effort.

(I wasn't just talking about Yarran though, and in his case there may be some underlying issues, there was some poor second efforts by quite a few players)

Reply #67
I'd like to give a big thank you to the 3 or 4 players I've been defending over the last year or so .......for all being shizen on the same night. THANKS BOYS!!! ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #68
Oh well, our skills were deplorable but we still battled for four quarters and never gave up. Hard to win with passengers like Yarran and those umps cost us at least three goals.
Their first 5 goals all started from free kicks.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #69
Was that Hampson's best ever game?
He did play a couple of reasonable ones for us, but this was his most consistent game. And he really killed us in the ruck taps. That was probably the difference: they got silver service in the middle.
Mind you, losing Jamo like that hurt. He usually kills Riewoldt.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #70
I think the Tiggies were exposed a little last night. Whether we rattled them a little (a laughable concept to some) or whether they paid us no respect, I'm not sure. Up until last night, I thought they were around the mark. Was last night a one off, or is it a portent of things to come ? Because they were ordinary last night, and they should have pumped us.

Reply #71
I think the Tiggies were exposed a little last night. Whether we rattled them a little (a laughable concept to some) or whether they paid us no respect, I'm not sure. Up until last night, I thought they were around the mark. Was last night a one off, or is it a portent of things to come ? Because they were ordinary last night, and they should have pumped us.

Early on they couldn't take the pressure, gifted goals by umps and then we shot ourselves with disposal.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #72
Crikey fellas, enough of the lame excuses.
Last night was as insipid as anything we served up under Malthouse, rank turnovers, missed tackles, no support for the ball carrier and woeful conversion, and apart from a couple of players we were near enough to full strength.
There's no way to spin it, our list needs major surgery and even if we get all our recruiting decisions right it's still going to take 5 years.
Last year was another wipe out, Jaksch, Wiley, Boekhorst, Tutt and Jones, that alone has put us back another 2 years.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #73
Regarding Fields.
First thoughts were he probably needed to go back and have a bit more "development time".
He seemed to be a fair bit off the pace but considering Rowe was missing and Jamison went down early he, and the rest of the defence, had to carry a bit of extra weight.
Thought he started to work himself into the game a bit and had a couple of minor wins.
Lovely kick of the ball.
So in the interests of development maybe he needs another go this year.
Whether it's the next two weeks or not is debatable.

Reply #74

The tell was when he was delivered the ball to perfect advantage, one out and goal side of the defender inside F50. He failed to use his body to defend the space and then failed to take the mark despite having Rance beaten and out positioned. It was U15 stuff.

A genuine forward begs for those sort of opportunities and Hendo burned it!
The Force Awakens!