Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers  (Read 51529 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #75
Some players last night seemed to be  playing as if they really don't want to be out there in Navy Blue.

We really don't have much to lose if we start helping them out with their decision making.
I'd rather a player going full bore and stinking it up than a talented player putting in half efforts.....and stinking it up.

Did you see the pre-match footage of Barker/Laidley addressing the team? Yarran is away with the fairies, most of the list look disinterested and nobody is really listening to the coaches!

This is what you get from players who have been stuffed around with mixed messages for too long, there is no coming back for this crew they are lost as a group! No wonder Barker hasn't put his hand up for the job, it would be like volunteering to take the remedial class.

There is no way we will attract a decent coach with footage like that circulating, the EFC Ch.7 apologists have cooked us again, it's another bend over session boys I hope you enjoy it! :o The rest of you can keep thinking those broadcast shots are not deliberate!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Early on they couldn't take the pressure, gifted goals by umps and then we shot ourselves with disposal.

Yep -some scoreboard heat from us in the first q would've made things interesting. The chances were there.

Reply #77
Fair enough, your opinion. They work hard and play for each other but seem to lack that final polish that it normally takes to win a flag - my opinion. We made plenty of errors that they just failed to capitalise on, some they did but we got away with plenty of others. I suppose they could just get lucky if they got to a GF and their opponents had an off day.

On last night you are spot on but I've seen them beat sydney and Freo away, they are the real deal.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #78
I think the Tiggies were exposed a little last night. Whether we rattled them a little (a laughable concept to some) or whether they paid us no respect, I'm not sure. Up until last night, I thought they were around the mark. Was last night a one off, or is it a portent of things to come ? Because they were ordinary last night, and they should have pumped us.

The good sides still win when they play crap.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #79
The tell was when he was delivered the ball to perfect advantage, one out and goal side of the defender inside F50. He failed to use his body to defend the space and then failed to take the mark despite having Rance beaten and out positioned. It was U15 stuff.

A genuine forward begs for those sort of opportunities and Hendo burned it!

Good pick up LP, I thought exactly the same thing. Had no idea about protecting the space for the ball to drop and not good enough to jump over Rance and mark it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
If Geelong are hellbent on a bloke who seriously, has played about 5 good games of footy in the past 2 years, then they're welcome to him.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #81
If Geelong are hellbent on a bloke who seriously, has played about 5 good games of footy in the past 2 years, then they're welcome to him.

The Cats will play him in the backline and he'll become a star.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #82
The Cats will play him in the backline and he'll become a star.

Yep.

..he had a stinker from the small amount of the game I saw. That one out in the 50 is bread and butter for good forwards.

But I still reckon the reason he's up there is because he's the only one clever enough to play KPF and organise the forwards.

Our options are Cas one out or Watson or running Krooz and Cas through there. Big ask.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #83
A seriously fair weather supporter response to a loss. "A bigger pack of softcox"...great manner in which to categorize the young players trying to find their way such as Fields and Holman.  Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer and Gibbs also could question their new found labels under your categorization. Richmond like it or not have taken the next step but we are not too far away if we can tweek our list correctly in the next draft period

This attitude is what has got us to this position. People constantly making excuses for our players. No more! Fu(k 'em! How about we put pressure on them to perform, instead of making excuses as to why they didn't.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #84
We've got a strong marking key position forward.
In a contest chances are he'll either mark it or it will go to ground
We rest our rucks up there from time to time.
That's enough talls...but let's not rely on them to kick goals.

Put Henderson back and stack the forward line with medium/ smalls....a mosquito fleet.
Put Yarran there for a start.

Reply #85
We've got a strong marking key position forward.
In a contest chances are he'll either mark it or it will go to ground
We rest our rucks up there from time to time.
That's enough talls...but let's not rely on them to kick goals.

Put Henderson back and stack the forward line with medium/ smalls....a mosquito fleet.
Put Yarran there for a start.

Lod's I agree with you to a point.

But I hope they SEN put up the Barker interview this morning. He goes into a bit of detail of how they are trying to get the forwards to work and how, at the moment, they (and others) are just not getting the system right.

I reckon he's keeping Henderson there not just for his smarts but because they want the system working with the people they have been working with.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #86
Hendo looked a different player when he went down back for the last 15 minutes last night. I Just don't think he can handle the attention that comes with playing as a key forward. Down back he doesn't get that and tends to play a whole lot better. For us he's either a defender or trade bait.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
Just watched the Northern Blues game. Boy, do we have some dumb footballers on our list. Foster, Jones and Watson are three.

Reply #88
Hendo looked a different player when he went down back for the last 15 minutes last night. I Just don't think he can handle the attention that comes with playing as a key forward. Down back he doesn't get that and tends to play a whole lot better. For us he's either a defender or trade bait.

It's not even that he's a little bit better, he was a general back there in 2013.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #89
Just watched the Northern Blues game. Boy, do we have some dumb footballers on our list. Foster, Jones and Watson are three.

Could relate to the poor development. ....the board is not sinking much resources into the reserves

Been our problem for decades