Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers  (Read 51479 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #90
Lod's I agree with you to a point.

But I hope they SEN put up the Barker interview this morning. He goes into a bit of detail of how they are trying to get the forwards to work and how, at the moment, they (and others) are just not getting the system right.

I reckon he's keeping Henderson there not just for his smarts but because they want the system working with the people they have been working with.

I can accept that I guess.
Obviously we have to work within the limitations of a list.
I think we all see potential in players to play different roles and get a little frustrated by them being kept in (what we perceive) to be less than their ideal positions.

Reply #91
Could relate to the poor development. ....the board is not sinking much resources into the reserves

Been our problem for decades
Unfortunately true. Even Richmond had a number of guys with lots of experience out there. We can't attract them and can't get them to stay.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #92
While it wouldn't have altered the result, the umpiring was incredibly inconsistent last night.  I think that the players not knowing who has been given a free is a pretty good indicator that the umpires are off their game.

Fifty-five free kicks were awarded last night compared to fifteen in the Collingwood-Port Adelaide game.  I am a firm believer in free kicks being paid when they are there but I reckon almost a third of last night's frees were for inconsequential or non-existent actions.

On the other hand, why wasn't a free kick paid when Vickery made head high contact with Jamison when the ball was 50 metres away?  Cotchin was the beneficiary of a free reversal when Cripps made light contact with an opponent's scone  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #93
Could relate to the poor development. ....the board is not sinking much resources into the reserves

Been our problem for decades

Trigg was at the game today with SOS. Let's hope the penny dropped today!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #94
The Cats will play him in the backline and he'll become a star.

Agree....Cam Ling said he plays his best footy down back where he can read the ball better....

Reply #95
Agree....Cam Ling said he plays his best footy down back where he can read the ball better....

I agree 100% with you but TBF Lingy did follow that up with 'he needs his opponent to take him to the ball' which is the exact opposite isn't it? :P

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
I agree 100% with you but TBF Lingy did follow that up with 'he needs his opponent to take him to the ball' which is the exact opposite isn't it? :P

Maybe when his opponent gets him to to roughly where the ball he is he reads it better.. :P..all I know is he was next to useless down forward and had zero presence.
I just dont want another Laidler scenario where we lose a good footballer because the footy dept dont have the nous to play him where he does his best work...

Reply #97
Maybe when his opponent gets him to to roughly where the ball he is he reads it better.. :P..all I know is he was next to useless down forward and had zero presence.
I just dont want another Laidler scenario where we lose a good footballer because the footy dept dont have the nous to play him where he does his best work...

I don't reckon it's anything like the Laidler situation.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #98
We owe it to ourselves to play him down back for the remainder of the year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #99
Trigg was at the game today with SOS. Let's hope the penny dropped today!
Hope so , so many on the list that are just not up to it, SOS has a big hatch it job coming up

Reply #100
I don't reckon it's anything like the Laidler situation.

The end result is what I meant where we lose a player to another club who play him in his right position and he is successful...the circumstances would be different but
we will be watching another of our ex players doing well for another club...
If Henderson isnt enjoying his football or doing well with us I think the odds are he will take another offer and leave...

Reply #101
If Henderson isnt enjoying his football or doing well with us I think the odds are he will take another offer and leave...

I'd rather lose him than Yarran.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #102
The end result is what I meant where we lose a player to another club who play him in his right position and he is successful...the circumstances would be different but
we will be watching another of our ex players doing well for another club...

He was bad last night.

He hasn't been bad all year in the position. In fact he's been pretty damn good since MM left.

There's no comparison, we knew Laidler had the sads from his tweets. For all we know Henderson is happy playing there and playing a team role until we find the guy to take his place.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #103
He was bad last night.

He hasn't been bad all year in the position. In fact he's been pretty damn good since MM left.

There's no comparison, we knew Laidler had the sads from his tweets. For all we know Henderson is happy playing there and playing a team role until we find the guy to take his place.

Most have  improved since MM has left but I will disagree on this one and have not been that taken with Henderson this season down forward, I will accept his supply/delivery has been poor
but I think he has lacked strength in contesting including his marking and in several games he has hardly touched the football.

Reply #104
Most have  improved since MM has left but I will disagree on this one and have not been that taken with Henderson this season down forward, I will accept his supply/delivery has been poor
but I think he has lacked strength in contesting including his marking and in several games he has hardly touched the football.

Like many blokes before him, Henderson is simply better as a defender than he is as a forward. 

I have advocated playing him as a forward but, after last night, it is clear to me that he is more comfortable as a defender and his contribution is much better.  I think that it is time to commit to Henderson as a defender and find someone else to play as a key forward.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball