Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers) (Read 52327 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers)

Reply #15
Will Robbo be back?

Imagine a side without Robbo and Judd. Add Scotland and there is the heart of the side completely gone. It would be a frightful smashing.

Kreuzer is preatty heartful

Reply #16
We're going to cop one horrible flogging in the Press. Already hearing it now. Watch this mob play to   their ability for the next two weeks, win  then when they need to beat port in the last match they'll play like insipid flogs again. That's how  this side works. Got the ability to beat most  sides, just not  the  attitude or "want" and  workrate.

Reply #17
Team selections this week :

OUT : All 22 players
IN : All VFL players

I realise that this on the surface will seem like utter madness but what is the point in flogging a dead horse, most of the senior players are cooked right now.

There is a raft of players in the seconds who could do with the experience (Graham, Buckley, Menzel etc) and then there are those who we are wondering if they will ever make it and/or has time passed them by (Mitchell, McCarthy, Duigan, Laidler, Davies, Collins etc).

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going "fully sick" at the selection table, let's use these last three rounds to our advantage especially as we are well out of finals contention now (and I don't want the charity finals entry if the Bombers get booted too).  

So what if we tumble further down the ladder ?? We get a better draft pick(s) the lower we go plus we will not be under any expectation or scrutiny next year seeing as we finished down the bottom end.
SOLD, do it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
We're going to cop one horrible flogging in the Press. Already hearing it now. Watch this mob play to   their ability for the next two weeks, win  then when they need to beat port in the last match they'll play like insipid flogs again. That's how  this side works. Got the ability to beat most  sides, just not  the  attitude or "want" and  workrate.
Good news IaJ, CheatFC lost so they should take a bit of press off us  ;D

Can't see us getting close to them this week, we are tanking.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #19
Good news IaJ, CheatFC lost so they should take a bit of press off us  ;D

Can't see us getting close to them this week, we are tanking.

That's the next thing we'll be accused of in the media for sure Goat!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
I couldn't care less about how horrible the flogging is. In fact the worse the better. Hopefully it will make our recruiters, Mick, the board and anyone else who has a say, show no mercy to the blokes that I and and others have been saying all year need to be culled.

If we win, then the rose coloured glasses come on again, and then they start to think, well, he's not THAT bad, and he might be better next year, and blokes that should go, are kept to repeat the cr@p that they foisted upon us again and again.

Under normal circumstances, I'd love to knock off Richmond. But sometimes the greater good takes precedence.

Reply #21
It was about 2 years ago exactly that we thumped them by 100 plus. I think they're about to get their revenge. :(

Reply #22
Team selections this week :

OUT : All 22 players
IN : All VFL players

I realise that this on the surface will seem like utter madness but what is the point in flogging a dead horse, most of the senior players are cooked right now.

There is a raft of players in the seconds who could do with the experience (Graham, Buckley, Menzel etc) and then there are those who we are wondering if they will ever make it and/or has time passed them by (Mitchell, McCarthy, Duigan, Laidler, Davies, Collins etc).

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going "fully sick" at the selection table, let's use these last three rounds to our advantage especially as we are well out of finals contention now (and I don't want the charity finals entry if the Bombers get booted too).  

So what if we tumble further down the ladder ?? We get a better draft pick(s) the lower we go plus we will not be under any expectation or scrutiny next year seeing as we finished down the bottom end.

I agree with your theory, just not the severity
in order to assess your list, you'd have to give them a go on the big stage

I completely understand where you are coming from. More than likely with a few injuries and the need to put a rocket up some players, there may be as many as 8 changes this week though. Anything that gives some of the seconds guys a taste of senior footy over the next three weeks will do me.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #23
Nothing to be gained by gifting games to players who aren't ready so the 13 players who could be considered for the coming week are:

Kane Lucas - fortunate to miss the debacle
Mitch Robinson - fortunate to miss the debacle
Matthew Kreuzer - fortunate to miss the debacle
Andrew McInnes - fortunate to miss the debacle

Nick Graham - has done enough to earn a chance
Levi Casboult - has done enough to earn another chance - seems to be over his kicking yips
Tom Bell - has done enough to earn another chance

Nick Duigan - not a world beater but will have a go
Jeremy Laidler - not a world beater but will have a go
Aaron Joseph - not a world beater but will have a go
Marcus Davies - not a world beater but will have a go

David Ellard - not sure if he has the necessary fitness levels - but would be in best 22
Rhys O’Keeffe - not sure if he has the necessary fitness levels

So who might be or deserves to be left out:
Judd, Garlett and Watson are injured
Waite, Murphy and Jamison played as though they were injured
Yarran should have been on his last chance, which he utterly failed

Who else?

Reply #24
I couldn't care less about how horrible the flogging is. In fact the worse the better. Hopefully it will make our recruiters, Mick, the board and anyone else who has a say, show no mercy to the blokes that I and and others have been saying all year need to be culled.

If we win, then the rose coloured glasses come on again, and then they start to think, well, he's not THAT bad, and he might be better next year, and blokes that should go, are kept to repeat the cr@p that they foisted upon us again and again.

Under normal circumstances, I'd love to knock off Richmond. But sometimes the greater good takes precedence.
Are you a Dees supporter? 

We may get flogged but I don't know any Carlton member who will take joy out of it.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #25
I'm going on Saturday unless it's raining, in which case I'll watch it on the telly, I refuse to get wet and get beaten by Richmond on the same day.
Seriously there's a lot of 2006 about the CFC these days, you go to the game hopeful but not confident.
We've slipped back among the ruck, better that the hopeless teams but on a par with another four who won't play finals, it's very depressing after the last decade.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #26
I just hope we don't get belted by more than 10 goals which will completely kill the side spirits. Its bad enough Port are hard to pull out of the top 8, but West Coast, North and Adelaide snapping at our heels to add pressure to our club.

No Judd. Wow its been a bad week in footy. Can it get any worse. Oops I forgot we play Essendon and Port still. Its lucky I'm not an emotional f@ck or I would probably go right off. We don't have a choice but play Graham if he is up to it to see what he is worth. ROK should get a run too and bring Robinson in along with Levi.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #27
I just hope we don't get belted by more than 10 goals which will completely kill the side spirits. Its bad enough Port are hard to pull out of the top 8, but West Coast, North and Adelaide snapping at our heels to add pressure to our club.

No Judd. Wow its been a bad week in footy. Can it get any worse. Oops I forgot we play Essendon and Port still. Its lucky I'm not an emotional f@ck or I would probably go right off. We don't have a choice but play Graham if he is up to it to see what he is worth. ROK should get a run too and bring Robinson in along with Levi.

I'm not sure that we can afford to play Graham and McLean in the same midfield as it will be rather slow. Levi, McInnes, Bell, Robbo and Graham (for McLean) should all come in if fit.

Why don't we try Cachia in defence, to release Gibbs into the middle?

Reply #28
Nothing to be gained by gifting games to players who aren't ready so the 13 players who could be considered for the coming week are:

Kane Lucas - fortunate to miss the debacle
Mitch Robinson - fortunate to miss the debacle
Matthew Kreuzer - fortunate to miss the debacle
Andrew McInnes - fortunate to miss the debacle

Nick Graham - has done enough to earn a chance
Levi Casboult - has done enough to earn another chance - seems to be over his kicking yips
Tom Bell - has done enough to earn another chance

Nick Duigan - not a world beater but will have a go
Jeremy Laidler - not a world beater but will have a go
Aaron Joseph - not a world beater but will have a go
Marcus Davies - not a world beater but will have a go

David Ellard - not sure if he has the necessary fitness levels - but would be in best 22
Rhys O’Keeffe - not sure if he has the necessary fitness levels

So who might be or deserves to be left out:
Judd, Garlett and Watson are injured
Waite, Murphy and Jamison played as though they were injured
Yarran should have been on his last chance, which he utterly failed

Who else?

No argument here. Love the way Davey Ellard comes in after a long time out with injury but you wouldn't know it - just picked up from where he left off.

I wonder if you were as bemused as I was to see Yarran in our best players against the Bulldogs?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
We've got to get some serious ball-winning capability into our midfield for this one. I was at both the Freo and Dogs games and this is where both of those teams absolutely smashed us into oblivion. Both teams were into the clearances and contested ball situations like rabid dogs to win the ball and then dispose with precision while we generally looked on  like scared rabbits.

If we could do just that many of our other problems maybe would not look so bad. Do we have players capable of doing this though - we haven't seen many recently that's for sure.  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.