Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers) (Read 52676 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers)

Reply #45
We're still a chance this week, it is Richmond after all.  ;D
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #46
If we put 22 blokes on the paddock this Saturday, who are all on the same page and who have all bought into the MM/coaching approach/instruction then I have no doubt we will give a good account of ourselves.

Against the Puppies it was obvious that some girls were just not on the same page and may have even been 'rebelling'. MM commented after the game that we had a strategy for the centre bounce and the players did NOT adhere to the plan - that should incur coaching wrath. And ours.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #47
If we put 22 blokes on the paddock this Saturday, who are all on the same page and who have all bought into the MM/coaching approach/instruction then I have no doubt we will give a good account of ourselves.

Against the Puppies it was obvious that some girls were just not on the same page and may have even been 'rebelling'. MM commented after the game that we had a strategy for the centre bounce and the players did NOT adhere to the plan - that should incur coaching wrath. And ours.
Agree however I have had a gutful of insipidness and if the coach makes a statement for the last 3 games and at the end of the year, I will be happy. Its really simple, get the whole group in line and tell em step fwd if they buy in or step back if you don't. Play the ones who step fwd and fark the rest off no matter who they are or how many there are. The time has come for honesty.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
Nothing surer than a win this week.  They got their bogey win against us they have made finals and dont need the win.  We now have nothing to play for on saturday, and the tigers are going to crow early about their finals fortunes.  It all adds up to us winning this week.  No Chris Judd.  I can see the Tiggies getting ahead of themselves, and failing to rise to the occasion.  They are a bit mind stuffed when they face us, and if we get the jump on them early will go into their shells and fail to respond.
Thry me old mate, you are unfortunately describing what Carlton would do (ie steal defeat from the jaws of victory). Richmond will put us to the sword and will well.

Yep.  Looking squarely at us, and us alone we will win this game.  We are so predictable in when we pick and choose which games we rock up to play its not funny.  We still have the wood on these guys.  One coughing and spluttering almost win is not the panacea to a decade of dishing out losses to these bozos.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #49
I've really started to hope now that O'Keefe gets a gig this week from all of the positive reports on him starting to appear!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50
I've really started to hope now that O'Keefe gets a gig this week from all of the positive reports on him starting to appear!

I am happy to be one of the positive reporters. The bloke can play... really play. But his body has let him down, badly.

To re-iterate... he is strong, has a footy brain, excellent disposal, great tackler, big/accurate left foot, has big voice on the field (unlike some of our introverted dudes), obviously liked by team mates and has a dash of measured mongrel. To repeat... but his body has let him down.

Sub or one more week in the Magoos.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #51

I am happy to be one of the positive reporters. The bloke can play... really play. But his body has let him down, badly.

To re-iterate... he is strong, has a footy brain, excellent disposal, great tackler, big/accurate left foot, has big voice on the field (unlike some of our introverted dudes), obviously liked by team mates and has a dash of measured mongrel. To repeat... but his body has let him down.

Need to play him....his career is on life support and he will be cut IMO if he doesnt show something on the big stage as he is one of the easier targets to get rid off with little explanation required.

Reply #52

Need to play him....his career is on life support and he will be cut IMO if he doesnt show something on the big stage as he is one of the easier targets to get rid off with little explanation required.

I think he's safe.

He hasn't been injured this year, he's had an infection in a previous injury that needed more surgery.

There's 10 guys WE KNOW NOW who will never make it, no need to cut a guy who, in all likelihood, will make it if he can get on the track.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #53
Stuff of fantasies. Nothing surer than Richmond giving us an old fashion belting.

Reply #54
Nothing surer than a win this week.  They got their bogey win against us they have made finals and dont need the win.  We now have nothing to play for on saturday, and the tigers are going to crow early about their finals fortunes.  It all adds up to us winning this week.  No Chris Judd.  I can see the Tiggies getting ahead of themselves, and failing to rise to the occasion.  They are a bit mind stuffed when they face us, and if we get the jump on them early will go into their shells and fail to respond.
Thry me old mate, you are unfortunately describing what Carlton would do (ie steal defeat from the jaws of victory). Richmond will put us to the sword and will well.

Yep.  Looking squarely at us, and us alone we will win this game.  We are so predictable in when we pick and choose which games we rock up to play its not funny.  We still have the wood on these guys.  One coughing and spluttering almost win is not the panacea to a decade of dishing out losses to these bozos.

Yes we are predictable and we can't beat sides above us at all and lets face it Richmond are THAT MUCH better than us and have been building for quite some time. We can't even beat the Bulldogs when we have plenty to play for and they have nothing at all to play for. We USED to have it over them, when we were a well coached outfit. We have zero chance this weekend, I'm predicting a 10 goal plus hiding.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55

Yes we are predictable and we can't beat sides above us at all and lets face it Richmond are THAT MUCH better than us and have been building for quite some time. We can't even beat the Bulldogs when we have plenty to play for and they have nothing at all to play for. We USED to have it over them, when we were a well coached outfit. We have zero chance this weekend, I'm predicting a 10 goal plus hiding.

Im unwaivering in this, we will win on Saturday.  KB stated earlier on SEN that the Tigers would win by 10 goals.

;D
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
I just hope we don't get belted by more than 10 goals which will completely kill the side spirits. Its bad enough Port are hard to pull out of the top 8, but West Coast, North and Adelaide snapping at our heels to add pressure to our club.

No Judd. Wow its been a bad week in footy. Can it get any worse. Oops I forgot we play Essendon and Port still. Its lucky I'm not an emotional f@ck or I would probably go right off. We don't have a choice but play Graham if he is up to it to see what he is worth. ROK should get a run too and bring Robinson in along with Levi.

I'm not sure that we can afford to play Graham and McLean in the same midfield as it will be rather slow. Levi, McInnes, Bell, Robbo and Graham (for McLean) should all come in if fit.

Why don't we try Cachia in defence, to release Gibbs into the middle?

You got some good  points in there. I'm happy to  play Graham and McLean though. No more about  thinking about footy in theories, if they can  play football well, get the friggen pill it can only be good  for the side. Can't win if you don't get the thing.  Have to be a recent improvement on previous outings. Especially if they have that want, attitude and desire, ingredients we miss more than anything.

Reply #57

I wonder if you were as bemused as I was to see Yarran in our best players against the Bulldogs?

You would have to be kidding - maybe the writer allowed his labrador to type the report  8)

Reply #58

I wonder if you were as bemused as I was to see Yarran in our best players against the Bulldogs?

You would have to be kidding - maybe the writer allowed his labrador to type the report  8)

Yes and I could have sworn I was at Etihad stadium watching Carlton on Saturday? I must have been at another game - old age catching up!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #59

Im unwaivering in this, we will win on Saturday.  KB stated earlier on SEN that the Tigers would win by 10 goals.

;D
and they will
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time