Skip to main content
Topic: Liberal Leadership Challenge (Read 8783 times) previous topic - next topic

Liberal Leadership Challenge

Sounds like it's on
Turnbull to challenge
Turnbull speaking at 4.00pm

Julie Bishop will support Turnbull

Re: Liberal Leadership Challenge

Reply #1
It's on like Donkey Kong!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #2
Houli Douli, here we go again!

All I can say is that it will be open season now on Malcolm as far as the Lib right is concerned - he'll have to be bloody good!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
What a rabble!

Changing PMs mid term is fraught but I suppose they were facing electoral annihilation with the Suppository of all Wisdom at the helm. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
What a rabble!

Changing PMs mid term is fraught but I suppose they were facing electoral annihilation with the Suppository of all Wisdom at the helm.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
What a rabble!

no

labor know that they are dead in the water with shorten if turnbull is leader

Reply #6
no

labor know that they are dead in the water with shorten if turnbull is leader

No!

Most folk who follow politics know that Turnbull is despised by the Liberal right who will stop at nothing to destabilise his leadership and install one of their own.

I'm not sure that Shorten will go the distance either.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
The longer Turnbull goes in the job the less likely he will be to win an election.
...but Shorten will never beat him.
Morrison is the one to watch.

Reply #8
No!

Most folk who follow politics know that Turnbull is despised by the Liberal right who will stop at nothing to destabilise his leadership and install one of their own.

I'm not sure that Shorten will go the distance either.

the libs are full of hard right idiots atm

hopefully turnbull will take them to the centre

Reply #9
How hopeless is Shorten...just gave an absolutely weird presser   ::)
'Disturbing' was how Graham Richardson described it.

Reply #10
If Turnbull gets the gig it will be good for the ALP, they'll have to get a real leader. Abbott is Shorten's best bet to be PM (god help us all). Abbott and Shorten, sheesh, talk about having nothing twice!

Julie Bishop supporting Turnbull is very telling.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
There are two possibilities.

Turnbull has the numbers.

Turnbull doesn't have the numbers.

It's not about Abbott, but it could be a move by Julie Bishop to eliminate an opponent for the top job once and for all. The polls say Abbott has no chance, that won't change if he wins tonight. So with Turnbull out of the way Julie Bishop might be the next big thing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
What a complete clusterf#ck.

I'll say it again... politics is broken! None of these b-graders can fix it.

Reply #13
One thing is sure and certain...whoever wins tonight won't have a united party behind them. ::)

Reply #14
Politics in Australia has been a circus show now for some time. Neither leaders in the Liberal or Labour parties know how to run the country. Someone find a ring master for the show. ::)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.