Skip to main content
Topic: Culture (Read 43774 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Culture

Reply #105
Yarran was pro-malthouse.

Have you an proof? All I've ever heard him credit any form or improvement to is Ratten and Barker. He certainly hasn't enjoyed his footy for the last three years. No more big flashy Yazz grin. That loss of happiness has coincided with one thing.

I remember watching the Carlton vs Collingwood replay from late in 2012 when we knocked them off as massive underdogs. Leigh Matthews comments still resonate to this day. 'Chris Yarran is up and running and all of a sudden Carlton look unstoppable'. That was where he was at under Ratts. I mean FFS has anyone even bothered to look at his highlights reels from that 2010-2012 era? The bloke was lethal. We saw none of that under Mick.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #106
Have you an proof? All I've ever heard him credit any form or improvement to is Ratten and Barker. He certainly hasn't enjoyed his footy for the last three years. No more big flashy Yazz grin. That loss of happiness has coincided with one thing.

I remember watching the Carlton vs Collingwood replay from late in 2012 when we knocked them off as massive underdogs. Leigh Matthews comments still resonate to this day. 'Chris Yarran is up and running and all of a sudden Carlton look unstoppable'. That was where he was at under Ratts. I mean FFS has anyone even bothered to look at his highlights reels from that 2010-2012 era? The bloke was lethal. We saw none of that under Mick.

Mate, i could get you a letter, hand written in Yarrans blood and you would still find a problem with it.

The reason you don't here him, or anyone else, give credit to Malthouse is because YOU don't hear it. You hear the name and you get your knockers in a twist. What did mick do to you anyway? Did he fingerbang your cat??

Reply #107
Mate, i could get you a letter, hand written in Yarrans blood and you would still find a problem with it.

The reason you don't here him, or anyone else, give credit to Malthouse is because YOU don't hear it. You hear the name and you get your knockers in a twist. What did mick do to you anyway? Did he fingerbang your cat??

Why aren't you linking to a report quoting Yarran?

Most of us know what rumors are floating around and why Yarran has problems, and we know why we can't write it here! ;)

Yet you chose to claim Yarran's malaise is due to MMs removal, why are you defending MM again?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #108
Why aren't you linking to a report quoting Yarran?

Most of us know what rumors are floating around and why Yarran has problems, and we know why we can't write it here! ;)

Yet you chose to claim Yarran's malaise is due to MMs removal, why are you defending MM again?

Why are you refusing to acknowledge that truckloads of players are leaving the club? Do you not see that as a problem? I haven't heard you try and blame it on Mick....yet.

It is NOT defending Mick. It is pointing out that the rest of the club is in crisis. They are seperate issues, yet you can't fathom that is even possible!

Why is my claim more outrageous than Mick being responsible for Garlett ducking his head?

Reply #109
Why are you refusing to acknowledge that truckloads of players are leaving the club? Do you not see that as a problem? I haven't heard you try and blame it on Mick....yet.

It is NOT defending Mick. It is pointing out that the rest of the club is in crisis. They are seperate issues, yet you can't fathom that is even possible!

Why is my claim more outrageous than Mick being responsible for Garlett ducking his head?

Having heard Bolton on SEN today, his discussions about conversations with SOS and McKay. I'd say the club has never been more focused and stable! The Rats are leaving the ship!

You appear to be panicking!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110

But do you have it? Or are you just full of crap?

Haha you have well and truly lost it. All I've heard him give credit to is Ratts and Barker so unless you have some sort of proof stop using at as a basis for your useless beaten argument.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #111
I think that the title of this thread is incorrect... culture is a nebulous term.  What does it mean anyway?  I reckon we should be more concerned with ATTITUDE not "culture".

If we have enough players with the right attitude we develop the right culture.... it doesn't happen the other way around.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #112
Or if we start winning  games of football, culture is never even mentioned.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #116
Or is culture a term that people bring up as an excuse for poor coaching?

Poor culture would certainly be reflective of appointing the wrong coach in at the wrong time.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #117
Or is culture a term that people bring up as an excuse for poor coaching?

Short memory.

Remember Rattens Objectives?

That was about turning this club around and making Carlton more 'Carlton'. We had a poor culture and we went some way to changing that, but never quite got there.

Culture extends past the coaching and playing group. Its not just about wins, its about respect. Our club has not had it in a long time, quite the opposite.

Reply #118
I'd say that winning consistently reflects the fact that you have got your culture right.  ;)

Depends on your idea of the " right culture".....winning can reflect good culture or it can be great bandaid for poor culture...

Reply #119
Depends on your idea of the " right culture".....winning can reflect good culture or it can be great bandaid for poor culture...

I'm struggling with that idea EB. I can only think that you and I are using different definitions of "culture".
Reality always wins in the end.