Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 392360 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1260

Once you get caught out peddling falsehoods, I'm afraid you have little credibility. 

eg. Bill and Hilary Clinton.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #1262
So how come you are prepared to take on board all the stuff about Russia influencing the US elections when, to my knowledge no serious proof or evidence has been tabled? Shouldn't that in your parlance be classified as conspiracy theory?

If Trump divests himself of all his Russian assets some of the problems might go away, but at the moment his organisation has $B dependant on the kindness of Putin.

Do you have faith that Trump will do the right thing when it comes down to a world view versus his bank accounts?

Further, some of his key appointments work in oil and has a vested interest in what goes down in the major pipelines servicing Europe from Turkey and the Ukraine. In everyday terms it's called a conflict of interest and it's becoming more common in politics by the day. Just because some have gotten away with it in the past doesn't make this occurrence acceptable, better or more benign.

When a decision has to be made about some events in that region, do you trust them to do the right thing by the people or the right thing by their accounts?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1263
If Trump divests himself of all his Russian assets some of the problems might go away, but at the moment his organisation has $B dependant on the kindness of Putin.

Do you have faith that Trump will do the right thing when it comes down to a world view versus his bank accounts?

Further, some of his key appointments work in oil and has a vested interest in what goes down in the major pipelines servicing Europe from Turkey and the Ukraine. In everyday terms it's called a conflict of interest and it's becoming more common in politics by the day. Just because some have gotten away with it in the past doesn't make this occurrence acceptable, better or more benign.

When a decision has to be made about some events in that region, do you trust them to do the right thing by the people or the right thing by their accounts?

I do not have any real faith in the Trump presidency and it should certainly be subject to the same levels of scrutiny that are applied to any other. However, if this is not done in the right way that scrutiny will be flawed and easily rebutted. Trump, imo, has already been subdued to the usual interests and will be directed by them, albeit possibly via different strategies. Those should start to become clear over the coming months and I await with interest!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1264
Do you know who they are? Are you familiar with details of the case they are making. Or is that your off the cuff opinion?

Like many folk, I sat up all night watching it happen and I have read many accounts including the "alternative truth" versions.  The latter are written by fruit loops and, in many cases, fruit loops pursuing evil agendas.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1265
So how come you are prepared to take on board all the stuff about Russia influencing the US elections when, to my knowledge no serious proof or evidence has been tabled? Shouldn't that in your parlance be classified as conspiracy theory?
Investigations by private cybersecurity firms and experts concluded that Russian hackers were responsible.

Guccifer 2.0, the hacker who claimed responsibility, only ever raised his head for these leaks and then popped up much later to declare that the file released by the former MI6 agent was nonsense.  Surprisingly, experts have concluded this was just a fake identity used by the Russians to obscure their involvement.

Funnily enough, the Economist revealed that 2 teams of Russian hackers had attacked the DNC independently: http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21707574-whats-worse-being-attacked-russian-hacker-being-attacked-two-bear-bear

One interesting part of that report is:
Previously unpublished analysis by SecureWorks gives some of the details. The groups took the day off on April 15th—which just happens to be the day Russia honours its military electronic-warfare service.

Wow, why would Guccifer choose that day to take a break?  ;D

Maybe you should spend a bit of time on Google, Cookie.  Perhaps Google Jessikka Aro, the Bundestag hacks, and the recent history of Russia's information war with the West and the Baltic states.  You could find stuff like this: http://www.politico.eu/article/russian-influence-german-election-hacking-cyberattack-news-merkel-putin/

Reply #1267
Like many folk, I sat up all night watching it happen and I have read many accounts including the "alternative truth" versions.  The latter are written by fruit loops and, in many cases, fruit loops pursuing evil agendas.

I would concede that there are "fruit loops", some with evil intent, who have latched on the this and tried to make mileage out of it, although I don't really read the so-called alternative media. However there are other more credible sources backed up by expert input from such people as building demolition experts, structural engineers etc who have raised significant doubts as to the official version, enough doubts imo for me to reserve my judgement on it.

Reply #1268
While you're googling it's probably a good idea to be aware of where the source is perceived to sit on the spectrum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/10/21/lets-rank-the-media-from-liberal-to-conservative-based-on-their-audiences/?utm_term=.64de008fe2b0

Thanks but I pretty much aware of all of this.

Reply #1269
And remember that the left-wing has historically been the sworn enemy of Russia while the right-wing has always been pro-Russian.  Or is it the other way around?  ;D

Reply #1270
Thanks but I pretty much aware of all of this.

That's the problem though with searching on the internet.
While mainstream sources have a pretty high profile in terms of their bias you really don't know where the majority of material is coming from.
That then requires a further search to determine bias...and our own bias comes into play because we favour material that supports our opinion.

Obscure links and sources can be found to counter most arguments.
Determining their legitimacy, independence or balance is often a difficult task.

Reply #1271
@Mav

I'm not arguing about whether or not these attempts took place, I'm asking for the evidence that there was collusion with the Trump campaign team. As I have already  stated, I would not trust the Russians or Putin and their motives. Cyber attacks are BAU for national security organisations the world over but pale in significance when compared to precipitating colour revolution, regime change, sponsorship of insurgencies leading to hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths etc. Where is the outrage about all of that?

This is not a binary argument - one side or the other. There is evil at work on both sides and I will continue to view the situation from that standpoint.

Reply #1272
While mainstream sources have a pretty high profile in terms of their bias you really don't know where the majority of material is coming from.
That then requires a further search to determine bias...and our own bias comes into play because we favour material that supports our opinion.

Determining their legitimacy, independence or balance is often a difficult task.

Lods, I don't buy into much of whats out there for the reasons you mention. However, I am very sceptical also about the MSM, who owns it and their respective agendas, especially in the US. I try to find a few sources I can trust and battle to form some kind of view of what's actually going on. The picture is often very confused with real motives and agendas hidden. Good example - what will Trump do now re. foreign policy, especially in the ME and what will be driving it?

Reply #1273

The good thing about the internet is that it becomes easier to background check.

The problem that we have with studying history of any kind is the lack of credible first hand sources.

We have more than ever before, it might make things time consuming, but I like to prefer as reading a range of different views, knowing that almost all of them will be written with one perspective in mind, and almost totally ignoring other perspectives.

Why do I know this??

High school taught me, that if you right something, you need to find a stance, back up that stance, and rebutt opposing stances, and that sitting on the fence becomes "painful" to argue.

Therefore, anyone arguing too heavily one way, has bias and its worth reading the opposing view point simply for a difference perspective.

It might sound a bit tin foil hat worthy, but if you read long enough, you will see enough different perspectives of any event to weed out what is generally happening.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1274
I would concede that there are "fruit loops", some with evil intent, who have latched on the this and tried to make mileage out of it, although I don't really read the so-called alternative media. However there are other more credible sources backed up by expert input from such people as building demolition experts, structural engineers etc who have raised significant doubts as to the official version, enough doubts imo for me to reserve my judgement on it.

You wouldn't know if you were reading it, syndication makes it almost impossible to trace where some articles originate. You should never assume the author, or even the unattributed story, come from the organisation publishing it.

You need to be more selective on your choice of experts. It reminds me of the thousands of "scientists" denying climate change, dentists, surgeons, metallurgists, electronics engineers, geneticists, etc., etc., while the vast bulk of environmental scientists almost 100% agree(Running at about 98.4% for peer reviewed material) it's real.

A few weeks back I was reading a right-wing website that listed Astrologist as one of the career choices for experts wanting to publish/contribute an opinion! Bugger, I'm a dowser(water diviner) so they wouldn't accept my article! :(

There are academic articles you can refer to, peer reviewed by independent scientists and engineers, published in public forums so their reputation is put on the line, that can be used to get an understanding of just about any major event. You should particularly look for on-line institutions associated with the major universities like Standford, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge, etc., etc., you don't have to ask Christopher Monckton about 9/11 to find the truth!
The Force Awakens!