Skip to main content
Topic: The A-League Thread (Read 11810 times) previous topic - next topic

The A-League Thread

Well- I have done it

After 45 years following Carlton and Liverpool, I have purchased my first Melbourne Victory membership.

This purchase is before my Carlton Membership

50,000 at Etihad on Saturday

I think we need some enjoyment from other sports as Blues supporters for the next 5 years

I blame the incompetent Carlton Board over the last 20 years for this decision C:-)

GO VICTORY!

Re: The Times Are A Changing

Reply #1
Well- I have done it

After 45 years following Carlton and Liverpool, I have purchased my first Melbourne Victory membership.

I think we need some enjoyment from other sports as Blues supporters for the next 5 years

I blame the incompetent Carlton Board over the last 20 years for this decision C:-)

GO VICTORY!

Nil all draw, boring!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2

The fact is that FFA would bury the AFL in a heartbeat, given the chance.  It's one code that won't get a cent out of me.

Maybe you have forgotten that application several years ago to hold the world cup in Australia.  At the time of its application the FFA expected the AFL to hand over its grounds as required and not to play competition football in the year preceding the cup being held!  Arrogance of the first order.

Reply #3
Bought my first Victory guernsey two weeks ago!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
Well- I have done it

GO VICTORY!
Hope you enjoy it, Mozzie, but like Macca, soccer is not the game for me. Guys rolling around on the ground like they all do is very poor.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
It's true Crash, it's a seedy sport, but I love it nonetheless!! :D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Hope you enjoy it, Mozzie, but like Macca, soccer is not the game for me. Guys rolling around on the ground like they all do is very poor.

thanks ..afl is turning soft anyway..so if you cant beat em..join em

Reply #8
Go City!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Soccer - pfft, not in the least bit interested - Go Blues!
Reality always wins in the end.

Re: The A-League Thread

Reply #12
SOUTH MELBOURNE.  Blue and white forever!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Why is soccer mentioned on this forum? SC stands for supporters club not soccer club. Please.????

Reply #14
Why is soccer mentioned on this forum? SC stands for supporters club not soccer club. Please.????

Probably for the same reason cricket, tennis, and the American NFL gets a mention.

Because certain members are interested, and have a legitimate sub forum in which to discuss that interest.