Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets) (Read 35955 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets)

Reply #75
Gee we learned a lot about our blokes today... a lot. We also learned about our coaching.

No matter which way you bend it, positive or negative, today's win showed character... and some good moves and faith from the coaching panel.

That's the problem though...this weeks was full of character......last weeks was not.
And for that inconsistency they have to cop a rocket.
....and we are entitled to ask why?
It's not like they're an inexperienced group of youngsters, there are a few but there are also quite a few 100 gamers there.

I would have liked to see them stay on the ground as a group after the match and cop a spray of reality from the guys who can hold there heads up high this season (Hendo and Brock ) and just ram it home that this is how we need to play every f@#king week. No more soft c0ck footy, no more me before team, play for the jumper or pi$$ off!!!  Because we're just as likely to come out next week against the "pin cushion, lying, cheating, amino sucking cowboys" and fold like a deck of cards.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #76
Good win
Great comments by you guys

Reply #77
Sheik said .
The list just isn't good enough to go all the way and our players aren't mentally tough enough collectively.
[/quote]

Dead right Sheik , but that will come . Look at the improvement in Fremantle now that they are used to the Ross Lyon game plan .
Freo looked ordinary until this season .
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #78
Whilst not in any way trying to take the gloss off what was a terrific win, I feel that this has only served to paper over the cracks and lull us into a false sense of security once again.

For the past month, we have been served up a heap of tripe from the team with many people on this forum being scathing of individual efforts and the like.

They can't be complete spuds when we lose and superstars when we win, it's one or the other regardless of the result and for that reason alone, we still have a long way to go before our list is ready to challenge for a flag. 

Good post Sheik, only thing I'd change is.

we still have a long way to go before our list club is ready to challenge for a flag.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #79
Bell was doing a fair bit of grunt work in terms of  spoiling and ball winning in the clinches, which I think we benefited from. He just needs to improve his disposal which lets him down atm. I'm confident that will get some focus as he's very useful to have around the clearances and contested ball situations.

Also let's the opposition know he's there - ask Cotchin.

Cookie...Glad to see you could see what I saw with Tom Bell....his big body is a must for the senior team.

No-one is suggesting he doesn't throw some weight around (hell, its the one facet of his game that I really like) but you have to question his intellect when he tried to clean-up Cotchin and came off second best.

His "intellect" was spot on. He was laying a block for the player who was competing with Cotchin for the ball. As well as us winning the ball he sent a message. Perfect if you ask me and something that not many in the current side would do.

What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #80
Sheik said .
The list just isn't good enough to go all the way and our players aren't mentally tough enough collectively.

Dead right Sheik , but that will come . Look at the improvement in Fremantle now that they are used to the Ross Lyon game plan .
Freo looked ordinary until this season .
[/quote]

freo already had a good list
the only additions were pierce and dawson

Reply #81
Didn't see the game but reading what is on here it sounds like quite a few of MMs favourites might not get a game anymore.

MM seemed to be out of his comfort zone with the team selections, playing a lot of the newbies. Then in the 2nd qtr throwing caution to the wind and with nothing to lose makes some master stroke coaching decisions. The old master finally earning his money. Did I see a picture of him smiling with the boys? Very rare!

Players playing in diff positions, gee it would seem maybe we do have the right players but not in the right combination?

We need Bell with his size, we need Gibbs to be an attacker, we need Waite in defence, we need Meat up front, we need Yaz at half back.... All this and more.

So we don't need a rebuild just a top up to plugs holes and give us depth IMO. ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #82
Bootsma reminds me of the young Zac Dawson - remember when he was played on Big Bad Bustling Bazza? Seeing him on Jack yesterday brought that to mind.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #83
Good to hear Hardwick after the game.
He rates Carlton highly, different end to a few lose games, they would be in the top four!

Of course we are not ready for the Top Four, but a little bit extra and we would be competitive.

Casboult is great. wonderful if he could be a swing player, take a shot at CHB as well!

We could easily make the eight, but I am more interested in seeking New Faces.  Would love to see O'Keefe star today. had a rotten time with injuries and may yet prove his worth.

Of course, I was the bloke condemning Brock! Now trying to be less Judgmental!

Reply #84
Bootsma reminds me of the young Zac Dawson - remember when he was played on Big Bad Bustling Bazza? Seeing him on Jack yesterday brought that to mind.

I reckon Boots has a little more going for him than Dawson did but that's not saying much. Dawson despite his frame is quite strong, that's what holds him in good stead amongst the league's best forwards. Boots seems to be very weak (not in his approach but strength wise).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #85
@PI2C
Yes a few of us now have said Boots needs to spend a bit more time on the weights!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #86
Correct!  A Big fast Boots!  Wow!

Reply #87
Just on Warnock, I thought he actually did a bit more than usual in the tackling and throwing his weight around yesterday. I think his problem is that he is too nice a bloke, if he lifted his agression  level a bit he would do alot better.
I also think yesterday's game showed alot about what MM wants from his team, that is you need to be able to play anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Yes you will have your structural elements in place but when you are called on to do a certain job for the team, you must respond to the task not sook up and go to water. I think many did this yesterday.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #88
@PI2C
Yes a few of us now have said Boots needs to spend a bit more time on the weights!
or at my place, Mrs G2C will fatten him up don't you worry about that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #89
waite and Henderson in the forward line - The backline needs to be shored up, a decision needs to be made. Mick chooses waite. Its clear MM sees hendo as a forward here on in