Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd3: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne (Read 25758 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd3: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne

Reply #45
Based on what i saw on The Journey, his tank is ok when required, he needs to develop his hunger and desire to push himself.

Hmmm competitiveness lacking... Maybe the somewhat novel competition for spots Bolts has introduced will spark this. What commentary I've heard suggests the coaching staff are giving him plenty of attention. I'd really like to see him take a big step forward this year.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #46
i hear that jamison was next to useless - kept giving orders to players and was easily pushed off by the forwards

jamo should not play for carlton seniors again

Where did you hear that Mossie?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #48
Have you been attending the games Townsend? Interesting I hadn't heard this about KJ before.

I wrote several weeks ago that KJ only has speed in a straight line and lacks the mobility to change direction; this contributes to him being a hit or miss player with limited ability to give second efforts.

Reply #49
I wrote several weeks ago that KJ only has speed in a straight line and lacks the mobility to change direction; this contributes to him being a hit or miss player with limited ability to give second efforts.

I think he was playing in the backline when you said that. I asked a question of you, which you never responded too, suggesting that with those traits he could be more suited to playing up forward and leading up at the ball.
Given his back to back 3 goals a game, looks like we've found him his spot

Reply #51
From the voices in his head.

He is VERY anti-Jamison

Jamison was given a 4 yr deal 2 weeks before swan left.
Just part of the problem that sos identified. .highly paid long term contracts of average to poor players

Reply #52
Have you been attending the games Townsend? Interesting I hadn't heard this about KJ before.

Yep was there today. 1 KJ goal was Joe the goose, the other 2 from marks. Once the contest was over, so was he.  Jammo struggled. Was out positioned and out marked by VFL players.  Those who want to promote Silvagni need to go and watch a game. He's going to be very good but at the moment he gives 100% chases, tackles and smothers with intent, but struggles in the contest to win the ball and match it with the big bodies.  He just needs time.

Reply #53
Highlights from the game.

http://youtu.be/MNKII1Bm7yU

Love the SOS tackle at the end. He needs to bulk up but I reckon the kid can play ;D

Reply #54
Yep was there today. 1 KJ goal was Joe the goose, the other 2 from marks. Once the contest was over, so was he.  Jammo struggled. Was out positioned and out marked by VFL players.  Those who want to promote Silvagni need to go and watch a game. He's going to be very good but at the moment he gives 100% chases, tackles and smothers with intent, but struggles in the contest to win the ball and match it with the big bodies.  He just needs time.

Fair enough, that's some good feedback.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55
I know it's only the highlights but young SOS looks ready to me, how was that smother just like dad! Also a couple of assists and held his ground in that marking contest where he won the free.

Have to say Jaksch looked big and strong.

Was that Vojo-Rainbow dashing down the wing? Looks like a player!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56
Sos has exceeded my expectations. Thought when would be playing Development league a lot, not kicking goals in the VFL.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #57
Sos has exceeded my expectations. Thought when would be playing Development league a lot, not kicking goals in the VFL.

Agreed needs a few more weeks in the Vfl but definitely does not look out of place.

Looks to run hard to create options and will be good on defensive pressure. Needs a shot in the seniors before he gets too tired also

Reply #58
Another thing with SOS which I noticed during his TAC Cup games is he is very quick to read the ball off the pack which he also displayed in those highlights. Has all the tools, just needs the body and fitness.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #59
SOSOS was clearly the stand out in that highlight package, plenty of tricks and footy nous, don't rush him though...didn't notice much from the other Blues listed players across the package, but KJ did show a bit.