Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 8: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 23810 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 8: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #60
Strong rumour jamo has retired but won't announce till after 150 games with weitering to return.. body is shot.

Reply #61
When was the last time we won at Etihad?
R13 2015 against GC
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #62
Strong rumour jamo has retired but won't announce till after 150 games with weitering to return.. body is shot.

Source?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #63
sounds legit not sure if true but wouldn't suprise

Reply #64
Such are the rigours of AFL football when we are talking about a 29 yo person whos body is shot. Thats so young.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #65
It looks like we were trying to get him to 150. Good luck Jamo and hope you go out with a bang.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #66
Unfortunately I can believe this rumour. Jamo has struggled physically all of this season, for years, in fact. I hope he can show something of his best while he can.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #67
Yep, really enjoyed having Jamison at the Blues. he's been a beauty and it was only the injuries that curtailed his career. I think it would be a wise move by him and the club to tell you the truth.

Hopefully,. leaves room for JGM to step up and maybe swing a senior spot in the 2nd half of the year.

Just on key backs - I wouldn't be against Gorringe going back at VFL level. Got some mongrel, size, strength and athletic qualities that might be ok. he's battling up forward and in the ruck by the sounds of things. Might just add another string to his bow if nothing else.

Reply #68
Unfortunately I can believe this rumour. Jamo has struggled physically all of this season, for years, in fact. I hope he can show something of his best while he can.

I heard the same rumour from an unreliable  source so I didn't  believe it. Makes no sense for him to retire while Weitering is still out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69
[ftp][/ftp]
I heard the same rumour from an unreliable  source so I didn't  believe it. Makes no sense for him to retire while Weitering is still out.

Yeah, but you can only do what your body is capable of doing. You can't live on pain killers. ???
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #70

I heard that one too.

Came from facebook.  A Carlton group.  My wife was the one that actually spotted it.

I believe it.  His stats point to no almost no contested work whatsoever, and if you cant contest, you cannot play afl footy.

I think the final straw for him would have been being knocked out at VFL level.  When you cannot complete a game without incident at VFL level, you know the bell tolls.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
I think the final straw for him would have been being knocked out at VFL level.  When you cannot complete a game without incident at VFL level, you know the bell tolls.

Thry, that is quite possibly the most ridiculous cause and effect I have ever read! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Final Team named: No Change.
Emergencies   32. Nick Graham    43. Simon White    7. Dylan Buckley
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #73
Reckon we'll learn a bit from this game. In fact this might be our most important game so far in many respects.

Absolutely thrilled with our past 3 wins and more importantly the endeavour and cohesion that has been displayed.

However, on Sunday we meet a good side in good form rather than probably the 3 worst sides over the past 3 weeks. Port aren't very good or great, but they're a good side and way better than what we've played against recently.

At the risk of seeming to be a negative Nelly, I hope we haven't gotten ahead of ourselves - we'll soon find out! There are so many congratulations pouring into the club (deservedly so) that it will test our discipline and focus. (And dare I add how we perform in milestone games!!!)

Go Blues. Brilliant effort Simmo. Well done Jammo.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #74
Reckon we'll learn a bit from this game. In fact this might be our most important game so far in many respects.

Absolutely thrilled with our past 3 wins and more importantly the endeavour and cohesion that has been displayed.

Go Blues. Brilliant effort Simmo. Well done Jammo.

Are you saying this is our grandfinal?