Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 8: Post Game Euphoria!: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 36426 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 8: Post Game _______: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #60
Once we went three goals down I thought the injuries had caught up with us. Just shows the belief this team has. We are not the most skilful, but no on works harder. 

Don't really like putting a negative on such a wonderful effort, but surely there are 2 kids ready to go that would give us more than Jamo and Walker? Jamo looks like he no longer belongs and I don't know what's going on with Walker.

Kruezer was outstanding for mine. No harder worker in the game.

JC

Reply #61
x2. I gave up in the game thread, thought we did our dash and was gutted for Simmo. But they fought and gutsed out a win for him. Cannot describe how proud I am those boys.

Would not be at all surprised if the boys dug real deep, just for Simmo. If it wasn't his milestone game, would we have got over the line ?

Reckon he is hugely popular and well loved among the players.

Reply #62
The effort from Murphy in the last few minutes was incredible. Just willed himself at it with repeat efforts.
Awesome work from Rowe around the ground. Held his own in the ruck and got in great positions when needed.
Plowman got crunched at one stage (will be pi$$ing blood this week),  but kept going.
Gibbs was great both offensively and defensively.
Love watching Lamb get stuck into the opposition.

Unfortunately I think Jamo is just about done. Doesn't look like he has any confidence in his body.
Dare I say it but Murphy did his best Selwood impersonation, willed his side and they all followed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
Once we went three goals down I thought the injuries had caught up with us. Just shows the belief this team has. We are not the most skilful, but no on works harder. 

Don't really like putting a negative on such a wonderful effort, but surely there are 2 kids ready to go that would give us more than Jamo and Walker? Jamo looks like he no longer belongs and I don't know what's going on with Walker.

Kruezer was outstanding for mine. No harder worker in the game.

Feel for Jammo... in hindsight Walker should have come back via the 2nds, has been backed in by the coach ahead of Graham, and I think it has been an error... but he did go back in the last qtr and made a couple of good spoils.

Reply #64
After Dixon brushed Jammo aside, he sat out the rest of the game (about 11 minutes).  Says it all really.

Reply #65
What great win you beauty

Reply #66
WOW!

Great team effort for 4 quarters, players standing up all over the place, Lamb and Sumner had their best games in navy blue. Plowman rebounded after a poor game last week and did a great job on Wingard. Everitt tackled with intent and that's all we can ask after last weeks poor defensive efforts. Jones was a presence and Rowe did a good Levi impression crashing packs and relieving in the ruck.

Cripps, Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson, Thomas, Byrne and Touhy all reliable, but the one I want to single out is Docherty. Great courage, great run and great delivery by foot. The commentators go ga-ga for the Bulldogs half backs but Docherty, Byrne and Simpson must be spoken about in the same paragraph.

Walker looks underdone but Jammo looks done, I wonder if the rumours are true and this is his farewell game?

These guys have become our bitches in recent years, I like the idea of adding Wines to our midfield next season, imagine Cripps and Wines, thump and bumb.

Reply #67
What a game! Atmosphere at the ground was unbelievable - the crowd roared when the siren went - couldn't believe we had won it having been down and with so many injuries I wouldn't have been gutted if the boys lost it because you could see they were giving their all. But then they stood up even taller. Special K - wow. Murphy in the last pushed the team over the line. Summers goal. Special Ks goal! Everyone keeping their heads at the end with Docherty in the thick of it - wow.

I think walks will come good - he got better as the game went on and still has huge passion. Not sure what's happening with Jamo but he looked really out of sorts.

So bloody impressed - so great to enjoy the footy again!!!!

And screw you Malthouse - he was so Obviously a fail!

Reply #68
A win by a team who contained NO 2014 / 2015 National Draft picks.  Experienced players stepping up, recycled players adding grunt and a new, relevant game plan.

2014's crop isn't going to set the world alight, but gee with the inclusion of the Class of 2015, things can only keep moving forward!!!!  

Reply #69
On Big Footy half the Port supporters are blaming the umpires.  Fairs fair it was lopsided.  But Geelong had 15 less free kicks on Friday night and won by four goals.

Reply #70
Another weekend of no TV or radio coverage here in Sydney .......... and Carlton win again !!

It's annoying having to rely on phone updates from Raydan plus quick flicks at the AFL app inbetween customers. 

Just imagine what Bolton will be able to achieve when he has a full list of talented guns at his disposal.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #71
Jamo is shot and Walker is another servant of the club who needs to retire with him...got some good spoils in late in the game when he went back but I thought he looked
off the pace of the game, lacks depth in his kicking and doesnt have the initial speed he once had to beat players on the lead...

Yes, sadly or Jammo. Walker I'll wait until his match fitness is up again as he has missed 6 weeks. Looked ok in round 1 where he marked very well. Wish we won round 1, we'd be in the 8.Jammo is done and rowe is needed to take Casboult's place. Hope we don't go back to two ruckmen. Kreuzer is waaaaay better as the sole ruckman with a bit of relief.

Reply #72
Another weekend of no TV or radio coverage here in Sydney .......... and Carlton win again !!

It's annoying having to rely on phone updates from Raydan plus quick flicks at the AFL app inbetween customers. 

Just imagine what Bolton will be able to achieve when he has a full list of talented guns at his disposal.

Anywhere you can plug in a computer with internet connection ? You can listen to the radio stations (ABC, SEN etc.) through the afl.com.au website.

Reply #73
Anywhere you can plug in a computer with internet connection ? You can listen to the radio stations (ABC, SEN etc.) through the afl.com.au website.

Or watch the game live via the afl app... Free subscription for Telstra customers
Edit, that won't help with your pesky customers though ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #74
As everyone has noted, wasn't it fantastic to watch a committed Carlton !
Heart
Courage
Determination
Spirit
Ticker
Endeavor

Two weeks ago we exceeded our expectations for the season, thank you Mr Bolton and crew.
Let’s go BIG !