Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 8: Post Game Euphoria!: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 35843 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 8: Post Game Euphoria!: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #105
There was a LOT to like about today. But we have to improve more to beat the upper sides (even though Port thinks they are one).
Very true however now teams wont turn up, kick our ass, embarrass our club and go home. They now know they are in for a fight when they play us. We are not pushovers anymore, we can and will defend and we can and will attack. We will get in your face and you will go home knowing you played a game. You may even go home with an L instead of a W.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Rd 8: Post Game _______: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #106
I like Mr Plow.

Started on Wingard, ended up on Dixon. Think he is a really solid defender, doesn't panic and does some great spoiling. Copped a massive knee in the back from Dixon and shook it off.

Yep big fan of Mr Plow. Can't believe he's only played the 25 games.

Reply #107
We are seeing value from Daisy now.

At critical moments, he is a cool head who displays the decision making and execution that many lack, at precisely the right time.

He isn't a Judd,  he isn't a pendlebury,  he isn't a cripps but he is a classy Mr fix it and see are seeing his best now that we have everyone pulling in the same direction.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #108
See afl.com.au Top 10 moments round 8.
The sensational team play that ended in Kruezer's goal is no. 2.
Check out the emotion on the face of our favorite no. 6 :'( :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #109
Very true however now teams wont turn up, kick our ass, embarrass our club and go home. They now know they are in for a fight when they play us. We are not pushovers anymore, we can and will defend and we can and will attack. We will get in your face and you will go home knowing you played a game. You may even go home with an L instead of a W.
Go Blues.

THIS
Who'd have guessed the wood ducks could dish this up at this stage?
Loving the united Blues

Enjoy your celebrations Bluebaggers. We might have a little lapse for a bit now, if the injury toll is as speculated :-[
Very proud at this stage of the journey, regardless what the rest of the season brings.
Hopefully though, we'll see a bit of the new kids, and opportunities for others to step up.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #110
Go Blues.

YES! We are rapidly becoming a team that no one is looking forward to playing against. Like a pack of dogs at you.  >:D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #111
We are seeing value from Daisy now.

At critical moments, he is a cool head who displays the decision making and execution that many lack, at precisely the right time.

He isn't a Judd,  he isn't a pendlebury,  he isn't a cripps but he is a classy Mr fix it and see are seeing his best now that we have everyone pulling in the same direction.

Thry. I think he can only get better. Remember his best football at Collingwood was when he wasn't depended on to be a complete champion. He didn't carry the side on his own shoulders as Judd has done for us for some years. I hope we get more out of Jones. While he is a good kick for goal and can mark on a lead. He isn't flash at hitting packs for contested marks, and comes to ground to easy still. He also gets lazy at ground level and leaves the work of chasing to others at times. I f he can fix some of his small issues, he may be a good tall 3rd forward. Not bagging him here. Just making an observation in my opinion only. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #112
We used to win milestone  games all the time..  Then we just didn't - maybe starting with SOS or Bradley 250th/300th. It is so great to see us win for Simpson,  Keh? along with the attached emotion and sheer joy. Surely there can't be a Carlton supporter that doesn't at least like him.

Got to watch it after the event.   Awesome team game.

I did get a bit confused by Danny Frawley at one stage calling Simpson our wicketkeeper (I think he to where he was on the ground). Worse was when he tried to explain why.

Reply #114
This thread has been a great read! It was a fantastic win, very gutsy.

The Carlton I saw today is the Carlton I have been looking for for the last 10+ years.....

It's nice to have them back !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #115
And those ex GWS boys continue to impress ... Sumner , Lamb and Plowman again today hats off to SOS its still early doors but that could turn out to be the one of the best trades in the history of our club.

Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #116
Gibbs was in opposition faces all day needs to do that every week - he was a real leader today long may it last

For probably the first time since we drafted him, Gibbs is in a TEAM where every player is required to chase hard to create pressure. Other downhill skiers have been let go so Gibbs can no longer afford to be seen giving (what used to be) his usual token chase. He has always had the capacity but not the desperation.

Reply #117
This thread has been a great read! It was a fantastic win, very gutsy.

The Carlton I saw today is the Carlton I have been looking for for the last 10+ years.....

It's nice to have them back !!

x2
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #118
Brendan BLUE Bolton, just love the man.
Doullherty, well how good is this guy.   ^-^
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #119
I think Bolton's measured replies post-match say it all. It was a great "effort" game, and that gives you some pride to take away from the game, but in the cold hard light of day there is still much to improve.

Finals football is Everest Base Camp, we are actually looking like we want to get there, but we have only just started the walk through the foot hills and we are roughing out the map and plan. This time next season, provided the AFL don't b0rk up the rules again, we will have a clearly definitive plan of attack and be on the rise.
The Force Awakens!