Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 49166 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #90
Everitt and Walker......the former was excellent today and continues to frustrate me, took some good marks, contested in the proper manner and looked like playing for Carlton meant something. His straight kicking helped us win the game and as we all know he has great ability..I was very down on him after last weeks game and would have happily dropped him for good but then he comes out and plays like an AA....love to know what Bolton said to him...

Walker moved well and while not has high impact as Everitt contested, chased and played like the old AW at times and I give the man credit for proving me wrong as I had him done and dusted after last week...

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #91
Never had any issue with Bolton and am more than happy to have him around.

However, Gibbs' start to the year was the exact same thing he was dishing up last year. People were calling for his head earlier this season.

Also the turnover of players from last year to this year was almost unheard of. SOS gets 20 gold stars for what he pulled off at the trade table swapping Menzel for 5 contributors! Picking up others for nothing. Sending selfish players elsewhere and turning them into 1st round picks.

You congratulate Kreuzer, rightly so. How many games did he play under Mick last year? None. The year before? 1.

He is essentially a new recruit...add him to the other 15 we got and you can see why this team is performing better. Our worst loss this year was of course when he wasn't in the side.

The turnaround can not be put down to a mere coaching change, but a playing list change.

Great win by the boys today. Fantastic win.

Not sure the purpose of this post Krud, honestly my comment on Malthouse wasn't specific to Kreuzer, Gibbs or anyone in particular. The post on Malthouse was on the intensity of playing football as a club, which they are absolutely doing under Bolton and absolutely were not under MM.
I never seen Carlton try less (even in our post Salary Cap breach years) then I did under MM.

I am simply happy to see Carlton trying and giving it all and Bolton is absolutely responsible for that.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #92
Not sure the purpose of this post Krud, honestly my comment on Malthouse wasn't specific to Kreuzer, Gibbs or anyone in particular. The post on Malthouse was on the intensity of playing football as a club, which they are absolutely doing under Bolton and absolutely were not under MM.
I never seen Carlton try less (even in our post Salary Cap breach years) then I did under MM.

I am simply happy to see Carlton trying and giving it all and Bolton is absolutely responsible for that.

Indeed.

Mick's best season was straight after he took over from Ratts - as his tenure progressed, and he got more opportunities to implement his practices, procedures, list changes etc., the results got worse and worse.

At the end of 2012, there was no other club besides us that was seriously interested in his services. Once he was sacked by us, there was once again no other club interested.

We could set up a hypothetical scenario - a club looking for a senior coach, and the only 3 possible candidates are Bolts, Ratts ad Mick. IMO, Bolts would be shoe in, followed by Ratts. Mick might be lucky to receive a phone call.

You can dis my opinions as much as you like - in fact, my opinions are probably worth a dis or two. But the rest of the AFL world has spoken, and they're saying something you don't want to miss.

Reply #93
Everitt and Walker......the former was excellent today and continues to frustrate me, took some good marks, contested in the proper manner and looked like playing for Carlton meant something. His straight kicking helped us win the game and as we all know he has great ability..I was very down on him after last weeks game and would have happily dropped him for good but then he comes out and plays like an AA....love to know what Bolton said to him...

Walker moved well and while not has high impact as Everitt contested, chased and played like the old AW at times and I give the man credit for proving me wrong as I had him done and dusted after last week...

Walker missed 6 weeks and needed to regain fitness. He was alright in round 1. Everitt will always frustrate alot but will also kick multiple goals most weeks too. Sometimes one has to just suffer frustrations.

Reply #94

While Everitt delivered on the scoreboard for me this has to become a normal event, then I can be more relaxed about his work rate and efforts. For me even though he did very well today, you still get the feeling there are times he is cruising. I think on a day like today he could have kicked 6 or perhaps even more importantly created several more.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
Not sure what else to add but like everyone else just completely stoked. We are just having these little moments of greatness as well from individuals which is great to see.

Casboult against the pies, Kreuzer against Port and today Cripps one on one againt Dangerfield that set up Everitt for another, after they kicked a couple and most likely another if Cripps doesn't out mark him.

Shout out to Docherty again, Curnow who is flying under the radar but doing his job and racking up possies also and finally Rowe.

Reply #96
Now 1 win out of the 8, and 11th on %.

Reply #97
How did weeters go today?  Who did he stand?  I see he picked up another (potentially serious) injury today?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #98
How did weeters go today?  Who did he stand?  I see he picked up another (potentially serious) injury today?

He finished the game OK, seemed to get better as it progressed, so I hope it's nothing more than a corky or bruise.

He's in the background of one of the post match videos, walking freely, even jogging around, no ice, no bandages.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #99
This current game plan has some real upside, we are making teams that normally rip us apart by foot struggle to find time and space.

It's been almost two decades since I have seen a Carlton forward line exert so much pressure on the defense.

If you have committed forwards it shows the presence of a superstar KPF is not critical to victory. Part of Rowe's success today was the pressure we exerted on the ball carriers, so much better than any recent efforts I can recall.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #100
we're not gonna win the flag... we're not gonna play finals.... BUT... We're back... the future is ours :D

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #101
Gutsy Win - CARNA BLUE BAGGERS!!

Reply #102
Made the his first mistake of the year, poor kick out of defence from memory. Needs to be dropped for it ;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #103
Upset i didn't see this great win but heard parts whilst driving across the Hay Plains.
Fantastic win all i heard on the radio was Gibbs and Doullherty.
Mr Bolton, take a bow son and ask for a pay rise.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #104
While Everitt delivered on the scoreboard for me this has to become a normal event, then I can be more relaxed about his work rate and efforts. For me even though he did very well today, you still get the feeling there are times he is cruising. I think on a day like today he could have kicked 6 or perhaps even more importantly created several more.

We need to accept that Everitt isn't a top class footballer so he won't perform at his peak week in and week out, only the guns can do that.
He contributes on a regular basis though, and when he's up and about we are a better team.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.