Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 49163 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #45
There weren't any MM coached games where we played like that, for 1 week, let alone several. 90% change of coach, 10% change of players.

Comments like that attempt to rewrite history. I can write a long list, but i don't want to derail the thread. I'll just cite 2 games against Geelong in 2014 where we were robbed, and remind you of our finals win against the tigers despite being severe underdogs.

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #46
Reports Motlop hit Tuohy in the nuts straight in front of the umpire, but not even a free kick?

He did. Behind play. Ump was 50m away and may not have been directly looking at them and may have been slightly blindsided as well.
MRP can't ignore it though.

Reply #47
Re: White.
I had to look twice to realise this silky smooth player was Simon White..
I'll be buggered, I didn't see that coming. Always thought his effort is solid, but skill... I didn't give him that credit. Happy to be proven wrong - If  Bolts can get this much out of players, we might need to strap in for a fast ride :))
Well done to White, keep it coming
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #48
Comments like that attempt to rewrite history. I can write a long list, but i don't want to derail the thread. I'll just cite 2 games against Geelong in 2014 where we were robbed, and remind you of our finals win against the tigers despite being severe underdogs.

Tigers - pfft. Couldn't win a final if their lives depended on it. There was never a feeling of sustained progress and optimism under Mick.

Reply #49
gibbs contract must be up at the end of the year?

Reply #50

Give the guy a break was sensational in 2014 when he won our B&F and injured all of 2015 tearing a pec muscle. Don't understand why he gets so much flak...he has been on an upward curve since 2013

..and no he has another three years to run on his contract he signed in 2014

Reply #51
He did. Behind play. Ump was 50m away and may not have been directly looking at them and may have been slightly blindsided as well.
MRP can't ignore it though.

Hope he gets a big penalty. Just watched replay - disgusting deliberate dog act >:(
Henry Ford.

Reply #52
Dennis Bloody Armfield....you bewdy !  3 class goals on the burst.  Not bad for a fringe player

I'm so looking forward to the replay.

Well done on all levels.  I'd written this one off, I'm not afraid to admit it.

cheers

Mal

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #54
Was at the ground and while only 33,000 attended the Blues supporters in particular cheered like there was 80,000.

Not going to mention every player but a shout out to Gorringe who did a number of very good things around the ball and kicked 2 goals.  Also, Everitt.  I know he vanishes at times but seriously he's too good a player, for all his faults, to drop him.

And as for Army and White... never seen either play games that good.

It was an incredible and wonderful and soul stirring win.  Go BLUES.

(The umpiring was awful all game).

Reply #56

Not going to mention every player but a shout out to Gorringe who did a number of very good things around the ball and kicked 2 goals.

Gorringe 7 kicks 7 handballs  14 disposals....2 goals

Not outstanding but he gave off a couple of nice hand-passes to advantage today.
Seems to be pretty well regarded by the group as well

Hopefully he keeps improving but just not sure what his position would be...will find it difficult to keep his place when our young forwards start coming in

Reply #57
I was most impressed to see a whole team effort under considerable duress of injuries.
To see the likes of Army, White, Rowe, and Gorringe really shine was a credit to the club. Our little slip ups were well disguised by players gut running to recover and win the next contest..... I am amazed this is happening so 'early in the journey'
Henry Ford.

Reply #58

:o

I think that must win the prize for the all time most ignorant post game comment.

The love for Gibbs in the social club was amazing.  Apart from the odd ignoramous, Carlton folk realise how important Gibbs is to the side.  I believe he was chucking up his guts after the game.  I suspect those who bag him have only ever chucked after a skinful.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
Our self belief was just shining through in a magnificent win against a very good football side, ahem!

Take a bow boys and take a bow BB! Two men down early and we stuck to our task to the very end. Our culture is in good shape without doubt.
Reality always wins in the end.