Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 49037 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #60
:o

I think that must win the prize for the all time most ignorant post game comment.

The love for Gibbs in the social club was amazing.  Apart from the odd ignoramous, Carlton folk realise how important Gibbs is to the side.  I believe he was chucking up his guts after the game.  I suspect those who bag him have only ever chucked after a skinful.

Gibbs today was everything we ever hoped he would be. Huge effort and all class.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
Didn't think we could top the Port win, but there ya go!!!

It was the Port win all over again x 2.

How were the games from the unsung players who can be regular whipping boys: players such as Armfield, White, Rowe, Everitt.....colossal games from each & every one of them. Simon White's 2nd half, particularly that last quarter, was as good a quarter as I've seen from any Carlton defender for a very, very long time.

The tackles, the smothers, the chasing, the pressure......unbelievably relentless. How was Kreuzer's 50m chase in the 2nd quarter.....I almost reckon that was the turning point.

Casboult's mere presence had the Cats tall defenders literally krapping themselves......concerned that they could possibly die at any given moment, Levi was crashing packs that hard.

Curnow's job on Selwood......attacking tagging at it's best right there. Bryce Gibbs......wow.

Absolutely bursting with pride right now......upset of the season so far they're calling it.....and I can comfortably live with that.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #62

I think that must win the prize for the all time most ignorant post game comment.

The love for Gibbs in the social club was amazing.  Apart from the odd ignoramous, Carlton folk realise how important Gibbs is to the side.  I believe he was chucking up his guts after the game.  I suspect those who bag him have only ever chucked after a skinful.

Gibbs today was all we ever hoped he would be! A huge effort and all class.

Reply #63

How were the games from the unsung players who can be regular whipping boys: players such as Armfield, White, Rowe, Everitt.....colossal games from each & every one of them. Simon White's 2nd half, particularly that last quarter, was as good a quarter as I've seen from any Carlton defender for a very, very long time.

The tackles, the smothers, the chasing, the pressure......unbelievably relentless. How was Kreuzer's 50m chase in the 2nd quarter.....I almost reckon that was the turning point.

Casboult's mere presence had the Cats tall defenders literally krapping themselves......concerned that they could possibly die at any given moment, Levi was crashing packs that hard.

Curnow's job on Selwood......attacking tagging at it's best right there. Bryce Gibbs......wow.

Absolutely bursting with pride right now......upset of the season so far they're calling it.....and I can comfortably live with that.

There's a happy Brettie.... been a while I reckon.

Reply #64

fkrs have no sense of humor. If you read my previous comment, you'd be better for it

Reply #65
It was interesting listening to Johnny Barker and some of the players after the game.  Some of the key comments were; effort, structures, clarity, haven't exceeded expectations, team.

Ed Curnow is mates with Hendo and he said that the blokes playing forward got in to him.  Ed didn't have much to say other than "we didn't miss him!"

The other strong message was about repairing the disconnect between club and supporters that had happened over the last 3 years.  It was good to see the Pres and CEO mingling with supporters.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66

Excellent post Brettie.
Agreed.

Watch out for the new Blues...
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #67
E. Curnow is quickly becoming our most underrated player, he's done numbers on some of the comps best midfielders, and does it regularly now.

White, a rock under pressure, calm considered ball use, no mindless bombing the ball or panicked disposal.

Lots to love today, too many to mention, CarlTon has it's "T" back, Team!

PS: How ungracious is Scott, not about Carlton or Collingwood, all about them! Team defeat them 16-8 and the best he can say is "Those clubs were struggling to score" in previous weeks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
Another weekend where I cannot see or hear anything of the match and  .............  we win !!

Obviously I am going to have to keep up this tradition even if it kills me.

What the hell is in the water down there at Princes Park ?? Players are recovering from serious injury in a quarter of the time expected and non-performers are now performing.

I've said it once but I'll say it again ............ "just imagine what this Bolton chap is going to do when he gets a playing list of serious depth & talent" ??

If he can get his team to knock over a potential flag contender after only 10-games, then we could be looking at one of the biggest dynasties ever seen in this competition.    
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #70
Been a while since my last post.

Best and most consistent effort from a Carlton side in what seems like forever. Four-quarters of determination, toughness, mongrel and class!   Two players down in the 1st quarter but still showed them up.

Yes we had good wins over the wobbles and that Port win was epic, but this was a whole other level. I'll finish with a question: When was the last time we beat a genuine top-4 team??
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #71

PS: How ungracious is Scott, not about Carlton or Collingwood, all about them! Team defeat them 16-8 and the best he can say is "Those clubs were struggling to score" in previous weeks.

What do you expect from the Pirhana twins?

Reply #72
Gorringe 7 kicks 7 handballs  14 disposals....2 goals

Not outstanding but he gave off a couple of nice hand-passes to advantage today.
Seems to be pretty well regarded by the group as well

Hopefully he keeps improving but just not sure what his position would be...will find it difficult to keep his place when our young forwards start coming in

I'm on the Gorringe bandwagon too.......another player to embrace the Bolton game plan.....what he does have is a good skillset, he kicks the ball well, has decent hands when he gives of a handpass and is mobile. Not a true ruckman and not a KP player but something inbetween that allows Mk to ruck most of the day and allows Casboult to play FF and take another tall off his tail.
Andrew Philips is the better ruckman but probably doesnt add the variety that Gorringe does...just shows reserves form means nothing...Gorringe was a fair performer only in the NB's and only got a game due to injuries but has shown way more in the seniors...

It was a day for the lesser players IMO...Simon White was a star IMO....Rowe dominated Hawkins....Armfield was slotting goals....when your bottom group of players are big contributors you are competitive and Bolton has everyone doing something.....you then add players like Gibbs taking his game to a new level and it = win..

Reply #73
Sheik, don't go near a radio, TV, mobile, tablet or computer on game day for the rest of the season... there's a good chap ;)
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #74
fkrs have no sense of humor. If you read my previous comment, you'd be better for it

I did read your previous post and I'm not better for it.  In fact, I'm sorry that I allowed it to take some of the gloss off the win.  It's a little like the bloke who was calling for Casboult to be dragged today; just minor annoyances during a most enjoyable game and post game celebration :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball