Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 27765 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 11: Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #75
Missing me DJ?

Missing your "danger game" reactions even more  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
Jamo has been a great servant at the club. He may not be doing much this year on field but off field I hear he is worth every penny and then some, contracted for next year.

Murphy out for three weeks - Byrne to come in.

Gorringe is doing well but Phillips is the better ruckman - prefer Kreuzer in the middle when the heat is on.

Reply #77
Jamo has been a great servant at the club. He may not be doing much this year on field but off field I hear he is worth every penny and then some, contracted for next year.

Murphy out for three weeks - Byrne to come in.

Gorringe is doing well but Phillips is the better ruckman - prefer Kreuzer in the middle when the heat is on.

no poinr bringing Phillips straight back into the 1s - he'd beas rusty as hell
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #78
no poinr bringing Phillips straight back into the 1s - he'd beas rusty as hell

absolutely rusty - I just saw his hair on the tv
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #79
Strangely enough, I think this game is more of a test than the last two weeks - this time we are expected to win, and probably by a decent margin.

It's one thing to produce when your collective backs are against the wall (don't get me wrong, that stuff is great), but it will be interesting to see how well they go when it is expected of them.

A good team in our position would win this one by 6-10 goals and not be too troubled.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #80
Brendan Blue Bolton should have the boys up for this one. Remember his message about being on an even emotional keel in regards to every game.
I wonder if KJ is going to get a run?
Be another good win this one, another building block of handling expectations now that the army has awoken.
BB has a job and half of keeping a lid on it when we start winning because the media love writing about us and we love reading it. Gee i'm getting excited already thinking about that winning feeling.  ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #81
I'm going along and looking forward to it! I'm hoping we are prepared in the same way as we were for last week - we should play our normal game and system with the same intensity irrespective of who the opposition may be. I think BB will be going hard for the same effort and a degree of improvement in our execution.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #82
The nightmare of the corresponding fixture at Etihad last year still lingers.
Missing easy shots at goal... Blowing a comfortable lead.... Turnovers galore... Flogs like Lewis Taylor and Robbo getting in our players faces.... Side coming to a stand still in the last, with both Gibbs and Murph statless...
One of our dark moments in the last weeks of Mick's reign.
Im really hoping we show just how far we ve come as a side in the space of 12-13 months. A repeat of last years performance against a side who, away from the Gabba, has been next to useless, will be a bit of a step back in our development...

Reply #83
Greg Denham says that a friend of his gave him some info about Marc Murphy.  According to this bloke, he was walking around Princes Park yesterday and Murphy shot past him twice, running 2 fast-paced laps.  Doesn't seem consistent with suggestions he'll miss up to a month.

Reply #84
Greg Denham says that a friend of his gave him some info about Marc Murphy.  According to this bloke, he was walking around Princes Park yesterday and Murphy shot past him twice, running 2 fast-paced laps.  Doesn't seem consistent with suggestions he'll miss up to a month.

It's hard to run if your ankle is immobilised  ???  Perhaps a case of mistaken identity?

Although, the club did say that they wanted to have scans done with the ankle under stress  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #85

KB was just on about something along similar lines on SEN a few minutes ago. Didn't catch the full story though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #86
It's hard to run if your ankle is immobilised  ???  Perhaps a case of mistaken identity?

Although, the club did say that they wanted to have scans done with the ankle under stress  ???

I doubt there are two Smurfs in the vicinity!

Even the shot of him post injury in the changerooms during the game - he was moving ok.....

Hmmmmm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #87
I doubt there are two Smurfs in the vicinity!

Even the shot of him post injury in the changerooms during the game - he was moving ok.....

Hmmmmm.

They gave him a few jabs to try to get him back on the ground and he was OK running in s
straight lines..

I haven't seen any photos of his immobilised ankle though  ???

Reply #88
Footage i saw (from a bar on level 2 at Etihad) he was doing zigzags!  :o
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #89
^^

I saw that too.

Whilst that indicates he might not be as bad as first feared, it could be that they gave him a jab, and prior to swelling they had no idea just what they were dealing with.

Could be anything from a sprain to a full on fracture, and you would never know until its scanned.

Then again, who knows.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson