Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 9: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Ikon (Read 27902 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 9: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Ikon

Reply #60
Silvagni kicked 4?
3 in the first quarter, 1 in the last. He was up the field in the middle of the game. He had his statistically most significant game with 21 disposals, almost double his previous best.
I still wouldn't play him in the seniors: his fitness levels are not there yet. But this time he did not die out after half time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #61
he has OP not moving well at training is what I heard.. he wants to play and want to play him but not moving well I think his year is shot
I'd be getting him ready for next year. He is going to gain nothing by ruining his body. Get rid of the OP and then work towards 2017.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #62
The famous long sleeves were out today.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-06-05/silvagni-stars-in-northern-blues-win
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   1.0  2.0  7.2  10.7 (67)
Frankston   1.1  5.4  7.7  8.9 (57)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Corboy 3 Bolger 2 Casley 2 Declase  Hickey  Peet
Frankston: Papadopoulos 3 Soroczynski 2 Thomas 2 Treloar

BEST:
Northern Blues: Declase Brown Roos Stevens Corboy Aurrichio
Frankston: Rosier Papadopoulos Wilson Prior Bastinac Thomas

Good to see Aurrichio named in the best. He has been one of the Forgotten this season. Also good to see Roos get in the best 2 weeks in a row. He was not impressive earlier.

Peter Jackson VFL 2016
Northern Blues   4.2  6.10  8.14  15.15 (105)
Frankston   2.6  4.7  6.11  9.11 (65)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Silvagni 4 Kerbatieh 2 Jaksch  Jones  Wilson  Wood  Tutt  Totevski Smith  Jones  Whiley
Frankston: Cass 3 Bennett 2 Gardiner  Wilsen  Walmsley  Wood

BEST:
Northern Blues: Whiley Silvagni Tutt Jones Dick Kerbatieh
Frankston: Kempster Sketcher Exon Cass Wilsen Walmsley

DISPOSALS: Whiley 31, Tutt 26, Gowers 22, Kerbatieh 22, Totevski 21, Silvagni 21

If Kerbatieh can keep going like he is going, he is a certainty to be a Carlton listed player in 2017. Gowers is also doing himself no harm: getting his possession level up is exactly what he needed to do.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #64
3 in the first quarter, 1 in the last. He was up the field in the middle of the game. He had his statistically most significant game with 21 disposals, almost double his previous best.
I still wouldn't play him in the seniors: his fitness levels are not there yet. But this time he did not die out after half time.

Hasn't hurt Tom Michell in Sydney to do a genuine apprenticeship.  We don't really need Jack Silvagni up and firing in 2016. We just want him to develop.  250 game players can take their time!

Reply #65
The question, who does he displace?

Andrew walker for mine who is on thin ice. Not sure SOS is up for it yet but this would be a decent game to debut in

Reply #66
We haven't played an very underdeveloped body all year, no reason to start now. Weitering has a rig that looks like it's been in the syetem for two years and Charlie has an enormous frame.

That's why we got Wright and it's why we continue to play Walker . They are giving the rest of the smaller frames time to get ready.

Jacks loads are being managed ATM , if he plays at all this year I'd be surprised.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #67
We haven't played an very underdeveloped body all year, no reason to start now. Weitering has a rig that looks like it's been in the syetem for two years and Charlie has an enormous frame.

That's why we got Wright and it's why we continue to play Walker . They are giving the rest of the smaller frames time to get ready.

Jacks loads are being managed ATM , if he plays at all this year I'd be surprised.
Spot on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #68

Agree totally. Patience is the key and there is no reason to take unnecessary chances this year. A team culture is being constructed into which the young bulls can be unleashed  eventually, when they are fully ready and can have maximum impact.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #69
No need to rush any of our youngsters.

Reply #70
Its not about rushing.

If SOS*2 is ready and performing as well as showing that he has the right stuff, he will get a game.

Thats all there is to it.

He kicks 4.2 and gets 20 disposals whilst taking 7 marks and that shows he is on his way to being ready.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
Its not about rushing.

If SOS*2 is ready and performing as well as showing that he has the right stuff, he will get a game.

Thats all there is to it.

He kicks 4.2 and gets 20 disposals whilst taking 7 marks and that shows he is on his way to being ready.
With the young fellas (KPs), its probably a little more complicated than doing what you have suggested in the 2's. Its a massive step up to AFL level for them from a physicality point of view. Jack is listed as 191kg and 93kg, I found the weight a little surprising. I saw him fairly close up at the Hall of Fame thingy and again at Etihad a few weeks ago, he didnt look 93kg to me. In any case, if they think he is ready physically, fine. I'd be surprised though.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #72
With the young fellas (KPs), its probably a little more complicated than doing what you have suggested in the 2's. Its a massive step up to AFL level for them from a physicality point of view. Jack is listed as 191kg and 93kg, I found the weight a little surprising. I saw him fairly close up at the Hall of Fame thingy and again at Etihad a few weeks ago, he didnt look 93kg to me. In any case, if they think he is ready physically, fine. I'd be surprised though.

I would have though 83 kilos when drafted.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73

I understand that, but that all depends on what role we get him to play.

i.e.  3rd tall leading forward, or better yet, a similar role to what Jed Lamb is playing and then play Lamb through the middle of the field. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #74
VFL has developed bodies as well - weak argument. If he is good enough to play then he should play