Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: Post Game Excitement: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 32849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 11: Post Game Excitement: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #105
Special mention to Mitch Robinson today.

His blind hack kicks to a position that no one is in worked in our favour this time.

He is a very frustrating player to have on your team and I noticed on more than one occasion that we let him have the ball but applied pressure to him resulting in an errant turnover.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #106
Tough crowd to please on here, I'm ecstatic about every win these days, I love this winning caper, don't care how we get em ATM.

X 2. A win's a win's a win. Winners are grinners in my world.
We've had more of the pearls already than all of last year. Couldn't be happier ;D ;D ;D

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #107
What was wrong with Plowmans game?

He has not missed a beat since he came in the side, makes good decisions, plays above his size and another calm head back there.

Defends well, lacks a yard of pace and shouldnt fiddle with the ball as he doesnt have the smarts to sell candy...sometimes takes too long to wind up for handpasses.
If he keeps defending well like he is but gives the ball off quicker to other running defenders there wont be anything wrong with his game.....

Reply #108
First half was awesome, second half we struggled a bit without Kreuzer.

First half was just average IMO....Brisbane are rubbish and we were let off the hook by sloppy disposal and poor goalkicking..
2nd half we did struggle without Kruezer and they destroyed us out of the middle but they have zero up forward and couldnt convert and we rebounded well
and caught them on the break with the overlap player.

It was a win and happy to get the 4 points ,Brisbane have been a nuisance team in recent seasons but if we rock up and play the same vs Stkilda we will lose as they have more
forward power than Brisbane and we cant let them have so many easy shots on goal...

Re: Rd 11: Post Game ________: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #109
You clearly have no idea of what modern football is about, and what it takes to play it
Your statement displays that you clearly have no idea how to put forward a contrary argument to mine.

Reply #110
You are entitled to your opinion, as are the coaches.

Before this round he was top 5 in the coaches votes for the year i believe, on something like 39 points (max 10 per game).

Reckon he's played more than 1 good game this year.

The rest of your post may well be true, but has nothing to do with your original comments.

I would have thought that by living in a democracy as I still believe we do Kruddler, everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as like you have done, it is expressed in a decent manner.

As far as Gibbs being in the "top 5 in the coaches votes for the year", let's take a good look at that.
Aside from the Richmond game, we were beaten easily in all our other losses. Gibbs may well have received a few votes in the 5 losses as I am sure that aside from the Richmond game, the coaches would have struggled to find good contributors.

He would definitely have received votes in our wins, because, once again aside from yesterday, as I said in my post, he played well.

My comment was directed at the fact that yesterdays effort by Gibbs was typical of much of his output since his first day at the club.

Had you comprehended and understood what I wrote, then you would have noted that I said that I wouldn't expect him to put in the same effort yesterday, that he did last week. In fact, in Gibbs' case, once again,  based on his past performances, and unless the coaches headed by Bolton can convince Gibbs that he has all the skill and ability in the world to perform at the elite level like he did against Geelong, I believe that we might not see a performance from him like that again this year. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

The rest of my post was completely relevant as I compared Kade Simpson to Gibbs.

Since this site was started, I reckon that you can count on the fingers of one hand how many times Kade has been criticised for his lack of intestinal fortitude or lack of genuine effort in a game.
On the other hand, Gibbs has been knocked from pillar to post on here, many times week after week, for gutless insipid efforts. Hence his nickname among many supporters of "Princess".

If Gibbs displayed 50% of the courage and determination of Simmo, he would be a true champion.

In my opinion, he has never realised his real talent, and our football club has been the poorer for it.

I hope that this and the coming years, will see Gibbs turn into the player that he has all the talent and ability in the world to be.

Reply #112
If Casboult gets cited for a late hit I expect the club to send a video of Robbo's even more blatant example from 30 seconds earlier to the MRP.

The umpire that failed to make the correct decision in the first place (pay the late hit) should also be held to account.  This is what happens when obvious  free kicks aren't paid.

Just watched Fox commentary on MRP incidents. No mention of the big Cas - here's hoping commonsense will prevail (undisciplined as it was - very satisfying from where I sat :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #113
Just watched Fox commentary on MRP incidents. No mention of the big Cas - here's hoping commonsense will prevail (undisciplined as it was - very satisfying from where I sat :))

The umps really hit us over that one though via a series of free kicks ending with one right in front and a resulting goal.  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #114
I would have thought that by living in a democracy as I still believe we do Kruddler, everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as like you have done, it is expressed in a decent manner.

As far as Gibbs being in the "top 5 in the coaches votes for the year", let's take a good look at that.
Aside from the Richmond game, we were beaten easily in all our other losses. Gibbs may well have received a few votes in the 5 losses as I am sure that aside from the Richmond game, the coaches would have struggled to find good contributors.

He would definitely have received votes in our wins, because, once again aside from yesterday, as I said in my post, he played well.

My comment was directed at the fact that yesterdays effort by Gibbs was typical of much of his output since his first day at the club.

Had you comprehended and understood what I wrote, then you would have noted that I said that I wouldn't expect him to put in the same effort yesterday, that he did last week. In fact, in Gibbs' case, once again,  based on his past performances, and unless the coaches headed by Bolton can convince Gibbs that he has all the skill and ability in the world to perform at the elite level like he did against Geelong, I believe that we might not see a performance from him like that again this year. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

R1 - 4 votes
R2 - 0
R3 - 0
R4 - 0
R5 - 2
R6 - 9
R7 - 5
R8 - 10
R9 - 0
R10 - 10

Your contention is that because Bryce had a good game, he wouldn't back it up.
Those votes suggest that that contention is incorrect.

As for efforts prior to this year....you could use that example for everyone on our list, with the exception of Simpson.
Comparing Gibbs to Simpson is also a little unfair as compared to Simpson, you wouldn't be able to find more than maybe a hanful of players in the league who'd put in more effort.

Facts are Bryce is playing better, and more consistent this year than ever. He deserves some credit for it.

FYI...
COaches votes after R10...

49 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
47 Todd Goldstein (NM)
44 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
40 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
39 Joel Selwood (Geel)
38 Luke Shuey (WC)
38 Rory Sloane (Adel)
37 Jack Viney (Melb)
36 Tom Lynch (GC)
36 Dustin Martin (Rich)
36 Jack Ziebell (NM)

Reply #115
Comparing Gibbs to Simpson is also a little unfair as compared to Simpson, you wouldn't be able to find more than maybe a hanful of players in the league who'd put in more effort.

Facts are Bryce is playing better, and more consistent this year than ever. He deserves some credit for it.

Was it this time last year that folk were calling on Simpson to retire because he wasn't up to it anymore?

I was having a chat with some folk in the social club and they just don't get the continual, and in their opinion, unjustified criticism of Gibbs by a small but vocal minority.  He got a standing ovation at the members function after the Geelong game.  I guess all those folk just don't realise how poor he is.

When Gibbs won the B & F in 2014, the critics claimed that he only played well to get a better contract.  What a load of bollocks!  Anyone who knows anything about AFL and elite sportspeople knows that they give their all every time they take the field - unless they've been nobbled.

Some supporters are only really happy when they have someone to bag and our performances and Gibbs' form must really be getting up some noses.

As you say Kruddler, Gibbs deserves some credit.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #116
As I've said elsewhere, he's a divisive character that Bryce..........

Reply #117
As I've said elsewhere, he's a divisive character that Bryce..........

And no-one's going to change their mind  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #119
in the phantom brownlow Bryce scored 1 point in first five rounds

dnt understand the gibbs hatred people are stupid

http://www.phantombrownlowmedal.com.au/phantom-brownlow-standings

Its not hatred mate. Its just utter frustration.
We've all witnessed over the past "crape house" years, snippets of  what he is capable of.
This year he has been fantastic. Wasnt great yesterday but overall he's had a great year.
What us " nay sayers" are fearful of is that he'll fall back into coasting mode which he's shown plenty of times before.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!