Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 38591 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #45
Saints forward line?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-st-kilda-youngster-paddy-mccartin-will-not-play-against-carlton-20160607-gpd9he.html

St Kilda's forward line looks set to be decimated this week against Carlton with youngster Paddy McCartin ruled out and captain Nick Riewoldt in serious doubt.

McCartin was concussed for the second time this season against Adelaide on Sunday and St Kilda football manager Jamie Cox confirmed on Tuesday that the former No.1 pick would not be considered for selection.

Riewoldt is considered a 50-50 proposition at best to face the Blues at Etihad Stadium after he injured a knee during the Saints' crushing 88-point loss to the Crows.

In further bad news for the Saints, veteran defender Sean Dempster will miss the next month due to a knee injury and youngster Hugh Goddard will likely be sidelined for 12 months after rupturing his Achilles tendon at Adelaide Oval.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-st-kilda-youngster-paddy-mccartin-will-not-play-against-carlton-20160607-gpd9he.html#ixzz4ArAjghsa
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #46
This is starting to look like it should be a 10 goal win for us, with all of the Aints injuries.

A good test of our boys mental strength this week I reckon....
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #48
This is starting to look like it should be a 10 goal win for us, with all of the Aints injuries.

100% agree this is the teams greatest test this year thus far to clean up that percentage. Let's see how they fare.

Reply #49
This is starting to look like it should be a 10 goal win for us,

The last time I heard that kind of arrogance here was Brettie before the infamous Gold Coast game that got Ratten sacked.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
100% agree this is the teams greatest test this year thus far to clean up that percentage. Let's see how they fare.

It'll certainly be interesting to see if we can really do the business on a weakened and lowly team but I'm not getting too carried away. Could also be a player development opportunity?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #51

I reckon Bolton will be hosing down the prospects of an easy game and focusing on the mental strength.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
I reckon Bolton will be hosing down the prospects of an easy game and focusing on the mental strength.

Bolton knows there are no easy games, I think he will be looking for a strong 4 (not 2) qtr effort. If the boys bring that effort, it should boost our % at least a little!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #53
The last time I heard that kind of arrogance here was Brettie before the infamous Gold Coast game that got Ratten sacked.

And he's never been the same since. :)

Reply #54
Cant afford to take them lightly though, and don't think Bolts will allow this to happen, especially following the haphazard way we finished off the game against the Lions.

Reply #56
Make no mistake, St Kilda are a very very good football side.  >:D

Reply #57
I think we should give Jaksch  a go , good opportunity to see what he can offer.
I'm interested to see how he reacts to the new game plan and Boltons mentoring.
Go Baggers

Reply #58
Agree we should not take any team for granted irrespective of whom we are up against.
I just think Silvani can wait a while longer and continue to be well manger.
Jaksch however has to be assessed at some point.

Reply #59
I had to read that 10 ten times thinking "who is the Therapist?" lol

To you, or anyone else who might be struggling with this....
[flash=420,315]https://www.youtube.com/v/0bxnuOdWUmA[/flash]