Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 38612 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #90
For mine Grahame would be an OUT. Anyone else would be stiff, unless not 100% fit.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #91
I'm guessing on form that Armfield is a dead cert.

To play or be dropped?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #92
The only player named on the bench that could possibly be dropped is Graham.

If so, one of Silvagni and Sumner come in. On principle, Sumner should play, but blooding SOSOS may be too tempting.

Reply #93
Armfield becomes the games record holder for the club in number 27 next senior match.

I expect that will happen this week.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #94
Agree 100% re Armfield. Last two weeks could be the best he's ever played, same with Simon White, no way either of those will miss out unless theyre really sore. Gorringe showed a bit last week, albeit against ordinary opposition, but I think he'll get plenty of games for the rest of the year to see how he develops, could be anything. And Byrne is a keeper, just need to get him to 50 games and then watch out, no way he'll be dropped if he's fit. Graham on the other hand looked out of his depth on the weekend, I know its difficult stepping up in class when you've spent weeks in the VFL, but if someone has to make way, he's the one for me

I thought Graham was OK.  I don't think that you can expect him to accumulate possessions like Murphy would but he did get three clearances and made 7 tackles.

Dropping Graham would mean that the part time midfielders would have to spend more time in the midfield.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #95

If so, one of Silvagni and Sumner come in. On principle, Sumner should play, but blooding SOSOS may be too tempting.
Sumner is in RE, he's not on the bench, in the actual side so his is an in more than likely.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #96

Sumner is named in the 18 and that usually means he will play.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
To play or be dropped?
Play mate. Along with Simmo, Army is another "heart and soul of the club" type player ATM.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #99
For mine Grahame would be an OUT. Anyone else would be stiff, unless not 100% fit.
Agree, as you know I just don't rate him so for me? Any excuse at all to drop him will do.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #100
Carlton

B: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Zach Tuohy.
HB: Lachie Plowman, Sam Rowe, Dale Thomas.
C: Sam Docherty, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow.
HF: Sam Kerridge, Levi Casboult, Andrew Walker.
F: Matthew Wright, Andrejs Everitt, Liam Sumner.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Jed Lamb, Bryce Gibbs.
Int: Dennis Armfield, Ciaran Byrne, Daniel Gorringe, Nick Graham, Andrew Phillips, Jack Silvagni, Simon White.

In: Liam Sumner, Andrew Phillips, Jack Silvagni.

New: Jack Silvagni

I have to admit that I have no idea at all how the MC will jump this week. I have criticized the team structure and I still have issues with it, but the MC have been right more than they have been wrong.
My own thoughts are simple: last week when Kreuzer went off, so did we. We struggled to get the ball out of the middle, even when he was playing. That suggests to me that we need a back up option, a PROPER back up option, not just Rowe and Gorringe, in the ruck to give our mids a decent chance.
But will we play Phillips? I would have thought that unlikely. He did OK last week, but I'd like to see him REALLY play well before getting promotion.
I thought Sumner would come back via the VFL. That seems not to be the case. White and Armfield have played some of their best ever football and they are named on the bench.
I feel like Jon Snow.....

St Kilda

B: Dylan Roberton, Tom Lee, Jarryn Geary.
HB: Jack Newnes, Luke Delaney, Leigh Montagna.
C: Shane Savage, David Armitage, Jimmy Webster.
HF: Maverick Weller, Josh Bruce, Luke Dunstan.
F: Sam Gilbert, Tim Membrey, Jade Gresham.
Foll: Tom Hickey, Sebastian Ross, Jack Steven.
Int: Blake Acres, Jack Billings, Brodie Murdoch, Nathan Wright, Jack Sinclair, Darren Minchington, Lewis Pierce.

In: Tom Lee, Luke Delaney, Blake Acres, Nathan Wright, Jack Sinclair, Darren Minchington, Lewis Pierce.

Out: Sean Dempster (Knee), Hugh Goddard (Achilles), Nick Riewoldt (Knee), Paddy McCartin (Concussion)

I also like looking at the opposition to make sure we have a good match-up for everyone. However, I look at this side and they seem to be responding to us: not the worst position for us to be in, but one I am not used to being in.
The 'Aints are supposed to be further along their rebuild than we are: I've always found that difficult to believe. But they have a huge number of no-names and they usually play well against us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #101
Usually play well against us? we've beaten them the last 4 games by an average of 48 points!!

Reply #102
You'd think that the final interchange will be Armfield, Byrne, White and either Gorringe or Phillips.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #103
Usually play well against us? we've beaten them the last 4 games by an average of 48 points!!
Their stars often have bad days against us, but their no-names (and most other teams' no-names) often play well against us. Especially when we are favoured to win.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #104
Silvagni named in the squad is bad news for Jaksch.
Gorringe would be stiff to be dropped but we'll probably go with Phillips, his form was pretty good before he was injured.
Byrne and Armfield will both surely play and Graham should, which means White misses out after a real good one against Geelong.
Stiff, but at least there's competition for spots.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.