Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Game 2 (Read 43910 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Game 2

Reply #15
Was also hoping to see Jesse Glass-McCasker in action too.........

I suspect we won't see him now given Bolton's intention to play close to the round 1 lineup in the third JLT game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
I suspect we won't see him now given Bolton's intention to play close to the round 1 lineup in the third JLT game.

Sheehan and A. Silvagni also not getting a run off the rookie list. I thought both these guys might get a run this week??

Reply #17
Sheehan and A. Silvagni also not getting a run off the rookie list. I thought both these guys might get a run this week??

Good point. That is a surprise. Hopefully they dominate the VFL practice games.

Reply #18
Good point. That is a surprise. Hopefully they dominate the VFL practice games.

Likewise, that's one of the reasons I'm heading to Seaford Saturday morning to watch this game.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
I think the squad named very clearly shows Bolts intention in PS. Taking what, half, the regular seniors out. This is all about exposure, experimentation, and excitement (that doesn't fit, just wanted to use another ex-word :P).
No wait, I'm excited. Very excited. Or at least I will be if big MK can show something. Like his fellow countryman did on his debut (was at the match, the crowd loved him). And you never know, maybe the Jones boy and KJ will feel the heat and play to the potential we've been waiting to see.

My guess is Bolts has a very transparent challenging but achievable learning plan for each player. This is the year to shine and meet the goals or look for another job. Whilst the older guys focus on leading the youngsters, there's quite a few of the in betweeners that must perform consistently to remain part of this exciting rebuild. There, I knew something was exciting.

All the best to the kids getting a run. Wear the Navy Blue with pride.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #20
Plenty of opportunities for some 'green shoots' to sprout in this game. I look forward to seeing which of our young guys take their opportunity!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #21
Plenty of opportunities for some 'green shoots' to sprout in this game. I look forward to seeing which of our young guys take their opportunity!!

Exactly. Well put.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22
I'm keen to see how Polson goes. Macreadie and Williamson (could be a real smockie this one) too.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23

If they don't sprout overnight that doesn't mean they are worm food and need to be turned back into the soil straight away.

Sometimes, they need time to sprout and its best we understand that this season, because it will be how things will go for our footy club this season.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
Well let's just hope we see a big lift in our level of intensity this week. Hopefully Cripps will inspire this and we can avoid a repeat of last week's disappointing effort.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
I see Hamill is coaching the Aints tomorrow.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
Well let's just hope we see a big lift in our level of intensity this week. Hopefully Cripps will inspire this and we can avoid a repeat of last week's disappointing effort.

Reading Ed Curnows comments today just reaffirmed my belief we are overly dependent on Cripps and if doesnt play then we are in real trouble given we lack big bodied mids with intensity...
The lack of another bigger mid will cost us down the track either when Cripps tires or even worse gets injured.....reckon we were crazy to ignore a player like Barlow who had the lazy 31 possies
for GC in their JLT game....

Reply #27
Reading Ed Curnows comments today just reaffirmed my belief we are overly dependent on Cripps and if doesnt play then we are in real trouble given we lack big bodied mids with intensity...
The lack of another bigger mid will cost us down the track either when Cripps tires or even worse gets injured.....reckon we were crazy to ignore a player like Barlow who had the lazy 31 possies for GC in their JLT game....

I'd much rather see Charlie Curnow, SOJ and others spending time in the midfield (as they did against Melbourne) than give games to Barlow in his retirement year.

My take on Ed's interview is that we have loaded up on blokes who can kick goals and Korcheck may knock a few Saints over on Saturday :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
Yes, we're playing the Saints at IP this Saturday.

It might be lambs to the slaughter, but this is exactly what we need.

No more hiding Nick Graham, Dylan Buckley, Blaine Boekhorst, Jed Lamb, Liam Jones, Billie Smedts, Sam Kerridge, Liam Sumner, Kristian Jaksch, Simon White, et al. Let's see if you blokes have even slightly what it takes to be a top consistent AFL-worth footballer that we can rely on and be an AFL Carlton man in our best 22. The heat is on, as the past legend Glenn Frey would say!

Time to be men, and stand up, not behind Judd (in the past), Cripps, Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson, Docherty, etc.

We'll get thumped, BUT, let's see who exactly does stand up.

We'll see some lads exposed on Saturday. And, we might see some become AFL footballers. It just might be the making of some. It's what we need IMHO!
100% agree. Good post

Reply #29
The lack of another bigger mid will cost us down the track either when Cripps tires or even worse gets injured.....reckon we were crazy to ignore a player like Barlow who had the lazy 31 possies
for GC in their JLT game....

Yep, it's starting to look that way EB. Today's game should be interesting against tough opposition.
Reality always wins in the end.