Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2: Post Game Postulations: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 35616 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2: Post Game Postulations: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #135
And on Cripps kicking, anyone who suggests its poor should look at the delivery to SPS who subsequently kicked his first goal of his career. It was Diesel like.

His vision is diesel like. His kicking is not. That doesn't mean he is incapable of good kicks, but it does mean he is more prone to poor ones.

If you were listing his strengths, in order, kicking might be last.

Reply #136
F@@RK ME. Lewis is a repeat offender, snipes a guy and breaks his jaw and only gets 3 weeks!! Do they still think he's playing at Hawthorn?? This competition is a joke. Rules for some and rules for others and we've been shafted again.
Gee how tough is Cripps for playing on and not shirking at any point for the rest of the game from what I saw.
He's a champ. 

Reply #137
His vision is diesel like. His kicking is not. That doesn't mean he is incapable of good kicks, but it does mean he is more prone to poor ones.

Disagree, I wouldnt list it last, you might and thats ok.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #138
F@@RK ME. Lewis is a repeat offender, snipes a guy and breaks his jaw and only gets 3 weeks!! Do they still think he's playing at Hawthorn?? This competition is a joke. Rules for some and rules for others and we've been shafted again.
Gee how tough is Cripps for playing on and not shirking at any point for the rest of the game from what I saw.
He's a champ.
Hell yeah, he hasn't been ruled out this week yet either. May well play following an assessment later in the week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #140

Yes, agree. That kick GTC refers to is the exception rather than the rule.

Even Cas kicks a goal from time to time.

I love Cripps. He would be my first picked every week. But the issues with his kicking are not minor IMO.

Reply #141
Presumably, Cripps' jaw has only a hairline fracture. Maybe a plate can be inserted to keep it secure?

Reply #142
Presumably, Cripps' jaw has only a hairline fracture. Maybe a plate can be inserted to keep it secure?

Even if it's the slightest depression, do we really risk Patrick Cripps against the Cheating Scum who are mentored and ingrained by a Kevin Sheedy led culture to hate Carlton?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #143
And on Cripps kicking, anyone who suggests its poor should look at the delivery to SPS who subsequently kicked his first goal of his career. It was Diesel like.

Yes, if you pay close attention, you should see that Cripps' delivery by foot is very effective.  Kicking for goal is not a strength yet.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #144
Lewis like all Dawk players are dirty rotten bar8tards. >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #145
I thought Ed was very poor last week because he was not used as a tagger. This week he ran with Lewis and was very effective; perhaps he needs to be taken to where the action is.

A pity that we tagged an over the hill Lewis and not Nathan Jones, although we probably don't have anyone capable of tagging Jones.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #146
OK, what would you list last?
Pace
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #147
Fast but a little selective about when he uses it.

Due to his history of injuries and lack of ps, I'd guess he's still got to build his tank.
If he is selective like you say. I hope he selects carefully then make his opponent look like he's standing still :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #148
Pace

I don't think that's an issue.  Cripps has shown that he can put the moves on to elude opponents and create time and space for an effective delivery.

I really don't get why some so-called supporters have to find fault with our players.  I guess that's what makes them happy  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #149
Plowman went at 93% disposal efficiency. That's what we want off the half back line!!  A definite green shoot!!

Wow just wow. Well done to the Plow.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.