Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 40364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #120
Awesome stuff. That was heart and soul stuff there.
I am so anti-Rowe usually, but his play at the end when he ran straight at the ball coming in to the backline, knocked it forward and won the ball was just amazing stuff, game winning stuff.
Well done boys, remember that effort, and remember the reward!

Would be leading our B&F

Reply #121
]

Reply #122
Any win is good, but a win against those grubs is just that much better.
We had 22 players that went out to win that game and they played damn good wet weather footy for every minute of the game.
Great Stuff.

Very good effort from Williamson. Pretty rare to see a first gamer turn it on like he did. And in the wet too.
Murphy, BOG. Well backed by Gibbs, Kreuser, Rowe, Plowman, Docherty, Curnow, Simpson, Cripps, White.
In fact, we didn't have a passenger.

If we go out to play with that attitude each week we'll win a lot more games.

I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #123
Missed the game. was meant to be there but....

Antone know where one can find a replay (other than Foxtel)?

tia.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #124
Only a game out of the 8!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #125
interesting that our points against thus far this season match the top handful of clubs yet we've scored 150 points less than the Crows in only 3 games!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #126
Notice The Hun coverage of Carlton's win!

A Postage Stamp sized article half-way down the web-page, the article about BT carrying on is bigger!

Just shows you how anti-Carlton bias The Hun media is! ;)

Loved one of the post game headlines I read,

"Bombers still lacking chemistry, claims Worsfold!"

Excellent! ;D

PS; Anyone watching the match highlights take note of the Kerridge goal, he kicks it exactly where he runs. Basics, so why doesn't he run straight at the centre of the goals like junior footballers get taught?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127
Putting the win aside which is difficult but the bigger picture stuff is what excites me the most.

We are WELL above where I thought we would be at 1 season and 3 games into a rebuild.

The poise and game sense of SPS, Marchbank, McCredie, Williamson and Pickett had be gobsmacked. These guys played like they had been in the system for 3 years not 3 games! And we haven't seen Fisher yet!

The recruiting staff are on top of the drafting ladder IMO. I'm very pleased with how we are tracking.  ;)   

Reply #128
Credit where it's due I think the senior players were excellent yesterday, especially Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuz, Rowe, White to name just a few. They provided a great framework for our youngster to develop within IMO and I'm sure that's what the club was really hoping for from them. Hopefully we can continue down this path  and it WILL pay dividends.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #129
Am I being over generous to suggest that Murphy, Gibbs and Cripps were able to do what they did because the big bodies of Palmer and Kerridge were doing some of the grunt work that is not reflected in stats??  ( Didn't see the game or replay, just asking!)

Absolutely not over generous.

The thing is we have more and more blokes making better decisions such as just keep pushing the ball on to advantage rather than taking posession in the wet and there was lots more hunting the footy and scrapping than usual.

Even Thomas who was fairly useless did a few things that wouldn't register a stat such as flicking the ball on to advantage over his opponent, rather than taking posession and getting tackled resulting in 20 metres gained for the next stoppage.

In a game of inches stuff like that was important.

Simon White as an example showed some wheels to get around Heppell and take posession of the footy at one point and me and my brother in law were gobsmacked.

Its been a long time since we played convincing wet weather footy.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #130
Question for mine is do palmer and kerridge both get games at the faster Etihad. I'd suggest not and would like to see fisher come in and bring his buzz around the bubble.

Reply #131
Tom Williamson.....yes please!!! Not only can get the footy, but watch the replay & watch him instinctively block for others near the ball.....you can't teach that stuff - clearly has a good footy brain, super impressive debut.

Rowe & White.....wowsers!!! Simon White especially.....and I say especially as his first 2 games were utter poo.

Sat in the rain with my poncho, coldest I've been for a very long time at the footy, but when Murph kicked that goal right in front of us.....it never looked like missing, moments like those made it all worthwhile.

Well, that's one more win than I thought we'd achieve this year......humble pie tastes pretty darn good on this occasion!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #132
SPS and Jack Silvagni 8 tackles apiece, Marchbank 7 and Williamson 5 in game one.
Outstanding stuff, and a glimpse into our future.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #133
Tom Williamson.....yes please!!! Not only can get the footy, but watch the replay & watch him instinctively block for others near the ball.....you can't teach that stuff - clearly has a good footy brain, super impressive debut.

Notice the guys left foot?
What was his kicking efficiency? Would've been almost perfect.

Fitted so well into the defence along with Macreadie.
Doulherty back playing like he can.
Samps, this kid is the pick of the draft.
Well done coaching crew. 8)
2024... Moir of the same to come