Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 9; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 17108 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 9; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #60
Freo are strong at the clearances about 8th in the comp and we are the worst so I reckon Cunningham might have been included for a few more rotations vs the Freo mids...
Sandilands should win most of the tapwork so we will need some decent planning to try and break even...Dockers are not real big down back so I am a bit disappointed we didnt play Jones to create an uneven matchup and force them to change their team around.
McCarthy is an accurate kick as he showed during the JLT series so he cant be allowed easy possessions within kicking distance....last time we just let him get one on one too often....Walters is the other dangerous forward who needs attention and a player who can match him in the air as he is a good mark for his size...

Reply #61
Freo are strong at the clearances about 8th in the comp and we are the worst so I reckon Cunningham might have been included for a few more rotations vs the Freo mids...
Sandilands should win most of the tapwork so we will need some decent planning to try and break even...Dockers are not real big down back so I am a bit disappointed we didnt play Jones to create an uneven matchup and force them to change their team around.
McCarthy is an accurate kick as he showed during the JLT series so he cant be allowed easy possessions within kicking distance....last time we just let him get one on one too often....Walters is the other dangerous forward who needs attention and a player who can match him in the air as he is a good mark for his size...

We bear no resemblance to the team that lost to them in the JLT. Neither do they.

McCarthy has kicked 12. 12 this year so his kicking is now sh1t.

Reply #62
1 change.

OUT: White
IN: Cuningham

Probably the last one i expected to get the gig from that extended bench (well Boeky last, him next

Would've had army in given the deck and the weather. Suits him.

Reply #63
Final team announced and it's Cunningham for White as the only change.
I thought Boekhorst but it's better to give the kid a crack I gurss, we know what Boekhorst is capable of.

Edit :beaten by Krud.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #64
Good luck to Cunners really like him as a player. Reminds me of Dangerfield in some passages of his play in Dangers early years 2009... AFL world didnt really take notice of Danger untill late 2010 early 2011 as a 21 year old. Cunners just needs that one game where the footy world stands up and says "will be a good player" I think he is close so good luck to him.

Reply #65
It shows that our list is still full of holes.

Or a bloke in scintillating career-best form in the VFL, after being moved from the forward line, and can't fit into the side. Might mean a list that's building depth.

Reply #66
Looks like it might be cool, wet, and windy tomorrow in Perth.
Maybe that's to our advantage.

Go new Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #67
What world are we in that everyone is calling for Liam Jones to be in!!

Fair play to the lad to work as hard as he has.

Culture.

And backed it up with his best game for us ever.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #68
Could well be quite dry by mid afternoon imo (given the wind too). Winds moderating....:

Forecast for the rest of Sunday
SummaryMax 19Showers.Possible rainfall: 8 to 15 mmChance of any rain: 80% 

Perth area
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, becoming less likely this afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm before sunrise. Winds westerly 25 to 35 km/h turning southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69
Good luck to Cunners really like him as a player. Reminds me of Dangerfield in some passages of his play in Dangers early years 2009... AFL world didnt really take notice of Danger untill late 2010 early 2011 as a 21 year old. Cunners just needs that one game where the footy world stands up and says "will be a good player" I think he is close so good luck to him.

WOw! Big call likening Cuningham to an early Dangerfield. Hope you're right but I've seen precious little from him to suggest he's a future Dangerfield. Danger has some mongrel about him and has always had an obsessive love of the contest... Cuningham seems rather timid when it comes to putting his body on the line, and that's not to mention his terrible inconsistency. When things go right for him, he can ran and carry very, very nicely but it's so infrequent. As I say, I hope I'm very wrong and have to eat loads of humble pie.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #70
Are we on at 4:40 Melbourne time today, or 2:40??

Reply #72
I just don't get why week after week the odds are so poor for a Carlton victory, it's like the bookmakers and media have ignored recent form and are sticking to the pre-season predictions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
WOw! Big call likening Cuningham to an early Dangerfield. Hope you're right but I've seen precious little from him to suggest he's a future Dangerfield. Danger has some mongrel about him and has always had an obsessive love of the contest... Cuningham seems rather timid when it comes to putting his body on the line, and that's not to mention his terrible inconsistency. When things go right for him, he can ran and carry very, very nicely but it's so infrequent. As I say, I hope I'm very wrong and have to eat loads of humble pie.
Dangerfield is all about me me me. Individual awards and accolades are his thing (B&Fs, Brownlows, Goal of the year etc). Not a team player and Geelong are so reliant on him (and let him have his way), they will probably never win a flag whilst he is there. I have few mates in Geelong, one is right into the Cats and reasonably well connected down at the yacht club, he tells me there are quite a few hard nosed, influential  supporters that are less than impressed with young Patrick. Thinks his poo doesn't stink and don't like the way he plays and his selfish attitude on the field. But as they say, its not what supporters think, if his team mates and coaches are happy with him, that's all that matters.
In any case, good luck to young Cunners, make the most of the opportunity and may this be one of many senior games for the CFC.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74

Yep, I have not seen a lot of Cunningham but he doesn't seem to have a great presence for much of the time - fades into the background a lot. Having said that he might eventually have a "Road to Damascus" moment! After all, Jones seems to have had his so why not Cunners?
Reality always wins in the end.