Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis  (Read 42637 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis

Reply #135
The only material change is we play the Hawks twice next year.
That one I could do without. However, we have to beat them sooner or later and I'd rather it be sooner.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #136
With Menzel having a history of knee issues and that surface we should never play him at that stadium.

He would not have made any difference to the result anyway given how soundly we were beaten.

Not sure I agree, 3 Leos.

If it's true that the Troy was excluded due to soreness, then fair enough. If someone filled their durps fearing Sydney and thinking we needed a 'tough' mid to come in for a creative forward/mid... then they got it wrong. I suspected a fear based decision when I heard of the late change and shook my head. Boldness may have been required. Menzel's superior disposal skills could have been very handy. The difference? No way.

If you recruit a bloke but don't play him at certain grounds due to a potential injury then you should give up the (recruiting/list management) caper.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #137
With Menzel having a history of knee issues and that surface we should never play him at that stadium.

He would not have made any difference to the result anyway given how soundly we were beaten.

Not sure I agree, 3 Leos.

If it's true that the Troy was excluded due to soreness, then fair enough. If someone filled their durps fearing Sydney and thinking we needed a 'tough' mid to come in for a creative forward/mid... then they got it wrong. I suspected a fear based decision when I heard of the late change and shook my head. Boldness may have been required. Menzel's superior disposal skills could have been very handy. The difference? No way.

If you recruit a bloke but don't play him at certain grounds due to a potential injury then you should give up the (recruiting/list management) caper.

when your club doesn't train in the rain - wouldn't surprise me

Reply #138
Gremlins. They must not get wet remember.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.