Skip to main content
Topic: "Bell Ready For Ringadingdinger" (One For Elwood) (Read 32899 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Bell Ready For Ringadingdinger" (One For Elwood)

Reply #30
I'm knocked out too that Waite is back in the room - I'd pretty much given up on him but its great to see him firing - I'd almost forgotten how good he can be.

x2
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #31
The evaluation comments on this site say it all. Obviously Bell lacks to sophistication, but he bruises.

MickM is weighting up contribution of each and what is required to win.

Will the under-skilled Bell be in the team next week?

Whatever you think MickM!

You will get no criticism from me
- unless we lose

Reply #32
Pffft. Bell>>>Yarran>>>Walker>>>Kreuzer>>>McInnes on yesterday's game. At the ground I had Bell as one of our best other than getting caught with the ball.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
Bell just like Robbo is required until we get someone his size who is better. 6 wins and 2 close losses with him in the side this year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
Please I'm a Tom Bell Fan, but his awareness and Pace is a huge worry. He needs to watch someone like Brock McLean who is slow by speed but quick in the mind.

Can't waltz through players in a final, he'll get no second chances against the swans.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #35
Bell just like Robbo is required until we get someone his size who is better. 6 wins and 2 close losses with him in the side this year.

interesting stat.

Bell will learn, how many games now for the lad?

Only 15 or 16 games all up?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #36
I believe he has a much greater prescence then Robbo. Although he isn't overly footy smart, he is physically intimidating. He always goes in for a bump and is willing to take it up to anyone who tries to physically bully us. Robbo is more like a crazy kamakazi type.

If MM can fix their footy smarts, damn they'll be good. However i see more potential in Bell than Robbo.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #37
Please I'm a Tom Bell Fan, but his awareness and Pace is a huge worry. He needs to watch someone like Brock McLean who is slow by speed but quick in the mind.

Can't waltz through players in a final, he'll get no second chances against the swans.
I don't mind players backing themselves, with improved awareness I think he'll learn when he can "waltz" through and when he can't.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #38

interesting stat.

Bell will learn, how many games now for the lad?

Only 15 or 16 games all up?

Reckon he will be twice the player once he gets around 50 games under his belt.

Keep playing him. Go the Bell End!  >:D

Reply #39
Why has it taken MM so long to play Bell ?
Needs to play more often than not. I'm all for the occasional spell but he's one who has a tonne of improvement in him.
He's a keeper and thou he's slow of mind at present, his body work in tough games is crucial to our chances.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #40
Why has it taken MM so long to play Bell ?
Needs to play more often than not. I'm all for the occasional spell but he's one who has a tonne of improvement in him.
He's a keeper and thou he's slow of mind at present, his body work in tough games is crucial to our chances.
Can't remember if he played Seniors early in the year but I seem to recall he broke his jaw in a VFL game mid-season... set him back a bit. I think we need to persevere with him.  Just a lad and loves the tough stuff.  Makings of a good tough footballer.  Not everyone has to be another Kouta or Judd (gee wouldn't that be something).
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #41

We won the game so people look at the good he did.

He we had've lost, people would remember the fact that he got chased down due to a lack of awareness.
He we had've lost, people would remember the fact that he had a set shot on goal from a tightish angle and despite his lack of kicking skills, decided to have a ping rather than center it, and sprayed it out on the full.

How many of these moments can we put up with?

Sometimes just one of these moments is enough to turn a game, and cost you a game.

Ask Riewoldt what his lack of awareness in the GF did for the belief of the 2 sides.
Ask Shaw the same question.

Earlier in the year i doubted the effectiveness of having Robinson in the side. Never questioned his dedication and role within the side, just the overall (dis)advantage of having him in it when he makes some silly errors.

I received the same kind of response there as i got here. "How could we do without his hardness..." blah blah. Mick eventually agreed and dropped him.

Same thing goes for Bell.

Bell is far from guaranteed a spot in the best 22 AT PRESENT with what is is offering us. He is not useless, nor beyond becoming a star. However, currently, his benefit to the side is questionable.

Reply #42
If, and it's a big if, Brock is fit this week he'll take Bells spot.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43
I received the same kind of response there as i got here. "How could we do without his hardness..." blah blah. Mick eventually agreed and dropped him.

and we got pumped by the bulldogs lol.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44
Bell is far from guaranteed a spot in the best 22 AT PRESENT with what is is offering us. He is not useless, nor beyond becoming a star. However, currently, his benefit to the side is questionable.

I guess the question remains. Is it of greater benefit for MM to back him in and risk more  F/ups to help fast track his development in the pressure cooker of finals? Or does he just drop him and say keep working at it son, you aint there yet?
IN WADA WE TRUST