Skip to main content
Topic: "Bell Ready For Ringadingdinger" (One For Elwood) (Read 32904 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Bell Ready For Ringadingdinger" (One For Elwood)

Reply #60
I watched the game live and now have seen the replay. Bell IMO will be a very good player for us. He got better as the game went on on Sat - he's just inexperienced and needs to be played regularly. He's just what we've been screaming out for - a big bodied, tough mid who is very hard at the ball and at any opposition player that gets in his way. His skills and alertness will get better as he gains experience.  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
I just saw that Bell got named on the wing in Qld's 2013 team of the year !!

That's a nice little achievement for him !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #62
I just saw that Bell got named on the wing in Qld's 2013 team of the year !!

That's a nice little achievement for him !!

I like Bell, and I think he has not had as good a season as last year when he played, so I think that this probably says more about Qld's team of the year than it does anything else.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #63
I love Bell and what he brings to the team however you cannot teach awareness and he is the worst in our team in that regard. Maybe start getting out and out tagging roles until he improves in that area. until then he is a liability

Reply #64
I love Bell and what he brings to the team however you cannot teach awareness and he is the worst in our team in that regard. Maybe start getting out and out tagging roles until he improves in that area. until then he is a liability

Yep that's his downside alright - gets caught red hot regularly - at least twice that I saw v. the Tigers. I guess more game time is what will improve him there - will learn that he has to make quicker use of the ball.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
I reckon its not a lack of awareness.

He seems to want to try and break the tackle rather than avoid contact, and he plays with a lack of urgency.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #66

He seems to want to try and break the tackle rather than avoid contact, and he plays with a lack of urgency.

Spot on re, all deficiencies that can and will be overcome with experience. I called it earlier in the year that he just needs to play more senior football. He certainly plays with a shightload of confidence, we don't want him to lose that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67

Spot on re, all deficiencies that can and will be overcome with experience. I called it earlier in the year that he just needs to play more senior football. He certainly plays with a shightload of confidence, we don't want him to lose that.

I reckon it's a lack of awareness, tries to break tackles but also he his one paced and one directional.

His good points are that he's still running at the same pace at the end of the game.

Hope he can pick it up a bit. Might be the sub this week.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #68

I reckon it's a lack of awareness, tries to break tackles but also he his one paced and one directional.

His good points are that he's still running at the same pace at the end of the game.

Hope he can pick it up a bit. Might be the sub this week.

For every dud thing the kid does he does 4 good things....

What? 16 games?

I betcha blokes like Sticks, Ratts, Braddles and the like were goofing it up a lot after only that many games?

What's that old saying - you learn by your mistakes (unless you're a total nuff-nuff)!

We need the lads grunt and presence against the Swannies.

For mine, Menzel stays as sub.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69
Awareness is not something you can necessarily teach and it is the thing that will hold him back. You either got it or you don't

Reply #70
Kouta had zero awareness and was a spud in his first couple of seasons and had no nous at all...just athletic ability....took him a while to learn the smarts of the game.

Bells problem is he is used to playing on kids and VFL players...he can break those tackles because he is a unit and too strong for most of the kids he played on.
If you look at him he doesnt try and get rid of the ball early he continues to try and use his size to barge through players/break tackles.....AFL senior players are taaght to tackle and are as strong as he is and he needs to be told to get rid of the ball earlier and dont keep taking the tackler on...

Reply #71
 Bell just has to learn what his limits are and learn to play within them and he will be a gem!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #72
Bell just has to learn what his limits are and learn to play within them and he will be a gem!!

At the moment he has no limits, he is just a beginner!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
Kouta played 50 games in the reserves before breaking into the seniors.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #74
Kouta played 50 games in the reserves before breaking into the seniors.

Wow I never knew it was that many.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.