Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 77412 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #15
Da dada dada. Da dada dada. Da dada dada dada dada. Dadadada!

Go you good things!!

Murph, Gibbs, Robbo, Juddy, Hendo, Eddy... hats off! Bloody champions!!!

What an effort in that second half. I'm absolutely pumped!!
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #16
Gibbs was masssive in that game. 18 contested possessions and 12 clearances.
Perhaps his best game for us. He was dynamic in the middle. When Judd lifted, we smashed them in the clearances.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
Fed up with the commentators saying we shouldn't even be playing finals...like we're dirty or something. Like it though that they're saving their hype for the other teams!

Yes, things fell our way to help us into the finals but once you're there, you make your own luck. We showed that in the second half.

Well done Blues  ^-^

Reply #18
I have literally not stopped laughing.  Thank you Bummers for giving me that moment.

As for Ninthmond - I though we were mentally fragile.  They lost their bundle so quickly it's embarrassing.

Bruce Gibbs, just so you know, I forgive you for all your past sins.  Chris Judd, you don't need to be forgiven because you're a legend.  I'll be proud to tell my grand children that I saw you play.

Tom Bell starting to show his potential.  And Nick Duigan, weren't we going to delist him like a month ago?

Reply #19
What a great day it is... we make the finals at the expense of Essendon, then Collingwood get eliminated, and then to top it all off we send Richmond straight out.

Well Done Blue Boys

Reply #20
What a ripper.

Duigan was gone and now he's a hero. We were much fitter than them.

Well done Micky, you've but the buzz back into Carlton and have the last laugh against Eddie.
Duigan may have turned his career around, especially as he kicked straight.

Eddie McWobblies will be cursing that a team that finished 9th will now finish further up the ladder than they will.

I still think we need the picks. But the players don't seem to believe me.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
hey dustin, - give my regards to the con in jail - cheers

Reply #22
Gibbs
Robbo
Judd
Warnock
Duigan........ you little ripper !!!

Now to hit Sydney running..
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #23
Second best game I've ever been to. Words cannot describe my feelings ATM, I have no voice left. T be there to see our boys pull off a win like that, it's the stuff dreams are made of.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
Incredible. Shaking.
Knew it would be a good game when BGibbs started in the middle

Reply #25
And Nick Duigan, weren't we going to delist him like a month ago?

We probably still will do something with him but more than likely it'll be by trade and his value just rose immensely today.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #26
Second best game I've ever been to. Words cannot describe my feelings ATM, I have no voice left. T be there to see our boys pull off a win like that, it's the stuff dreams are made of.

Would have been amazing!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #27
and like Collingwood, Richmond now have 6 months to think about it - just laughing my head off here  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

We weren't even supposed to be there!!!!!  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Reply #28
Make no mistake, the last two weeks are what great winning cultures are bred from.

Absolutely epic effort, I thought we played really well for the whole four quarters and were just absolutely crucified by the umpires in the first half. Richmond scored four goals directly from soft free kicks/50m penalties and we couldn't buy one going the other way.

How amazing is Nick Duigan's story? Absolutely written off for most of the season, wasn't even in the side 5 minutes before the game, then steps up and shuts Deledio out of the game before booting a lazy 4 straight himself. He's just bought himself about 10 years worth of free beers after he finishes playing as long as he drinks around an even half passionate Carlton supporter.

Bryce Gibbs and Marc Murphy just stood up in the biggest possible way in the highest pressure game either of them would have played. I'm so proud of them, and am happy to laugh at myself for suggesting either be traded after the loss to Essendon. If they can bring that sort of quality every week, we will be very hard to beat.

Eddie Betts too, played easily his best game for the year. Not just in terms of the goals he scored but also his play around the ground. He was clutch and so very, very reliable. May have just played himself into a new Carlton contract. Brilliant!

Robbo, I didn't know what to say when you punched the ball through for that certain Richmond goal, but your intensity showed our boys what finals footy was all about and you could see the lads walking taller when you were around. Brilliant game and set the standard for physicality. Even his disposal was better today for the most part.

How good is Lachie Henderson? I wish we had four of him, we'd never lose a game. No matter where he was on the ground he was courageous and rock solid. I don't think he made a mistake all game.

Juddy, I can't believe anyone doubted your ability to run out there and have an influence. You dragged us back into the game in the third quarter like you'd turned back the clock 3 years and you could see the boys around him lift as a result. You may not be captain anymore, but you're still a spiritual leader at the club.

Simmo, I love you, and have even started growing my own beard in honour of yours. Another brilliant game under absurd pressure and you showed just how up to it you are.

OUR LEADERSHIP GROUP! - Every single one of you bar Carrots who wasn't playing showed today just why you were put into those positions. You were instrumental in LEADING us to victory and lifting the boys all over the park.

Mick Malthouse - Haha to anyone who doubted the man, he's now taken us as far as we've been in the past what? 13 years? After finishing 9th on the ladder. You can see the belief the boys have in themselves and you can see everyone finally starting to look like they're playing for each other and playing for the jumper instead of themselves. That's got to at least be partly accredited to the coach.

Sorry to anyone I missed out in my summary above, I'm pretty emotional and just so very proud of the boys right now. You lifted for my departed Dad on Father's Day last week, you lifted again today, and next week you get to do it again on what would have been his birthday if he'd still been with us. I have no doubt that he's still chugging down brews and cheering you all on.

Go you Blue Boys!!!
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final