Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 77406 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #30
Nick Duigan is a very very good footballer. Average players just don't so what he did today in finals.

Gibbs kept us in it in the second term.

Murphy industrious from the start exactly what we needed from him when it was hard to get the pill early.

Waite is the one who really impressed me. Looked difficult for him early but really worked his way into the game.

Then there's that man Judd. Turned it on when it counted the most. Literally swung the game and gave the rest of the team belief. I saw when it happened as well it was halfway through the second term and we looked to be wilting and he laid a crunching tackle which really stopped the Tiges in their tracks. I really felt the boys lifted from that time on.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
Just got back from the game, an amazing but not unexpected win. felt throughout the entire game that we were well in it. Go blues ..
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #32
I didnt realize we were even playing today?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
Nick Duigan is a very very good footballer. Average players just don't so what he did today in finals.

Gibbs kept us in it in the second term.

Murphy industrious from the start exactly what we needed from him when it was hard to get the pill early.

Waite is the one who really impressed me. Looked difficult for him early but really worked his way into the game.

Then there's that man Judd. Turned it on when it counted the most. Literally swung the game and gave the rest of the team belief. I saw when it happened as well it was halfway through the second term and we looked to be wilting and he laid a crunching tackle which really stopped the Tiges in their tracks. I really felt the boys lifted from that time on.

Duigan and Bell were both  hard at the contest.. Like last week Duigans body work at critical stages was telling (goals aside)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #35
Been messaged by a cousin and mate (both Pies supporters that hate us) both saying how impressed they were with our win. The words 'heart' and contested footy' were used. I think we've actually gained some respect back as a club today. Feels forking fantastic!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #36
We're all feeling pretty pumped now, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Today's win was great, but Richmond aren't that flash. Easily the worst of the finalists IMO.

And why is Malthouse getting all the credit ? When the players show no ticker, then it's their fault - when they do show ticker, it's due to Mick ?

Reply #37
We're all feeling pretty pumped now, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Today's win was great, but Richmond aren't that flash. Easily the worst of the finalists IMO.

Oh give it a break, they finished 5th and played some pretty damn good footy all year to get there.

Just be happy with the win, we're into the second week of the finals for the second time since 2000.

Just can't please some people haha
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #38
Just got back from the game, need to watch replay, but quickly Gibbs best game, Bell, Murph, Judd, Curnow, all looked great.  Hendo - what a mark, thanks again Vossy, I love you for giving us Hendo  :-*
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #39
I'm please because we won a game we should've. Simple as that. Richmond aren't that great, and the fact that they lost to us proves it.

Reply #40
judd's second half was like Kouta in 99! Ripped the tigers apart.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #41
Duigan's 4 goals were great but his unbelievable attack on the ball midway through the final quarter when the game was in the balance was legendary.

If this had been a grand final, there would be 3 or 4 acts of courage in that final quarter that would become folklore.

Reply #42
One of the best September days I've had at the G for quite a while  :D

I was so pleased that Duigan was a late inclusion.

Go Blues!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #43
It felt like a grand final and like a grand final win everyone needs to do their bit on the day, today even considering McInnesses woes they all found a way.

Well done to the team and this must have given them some real belief. I wonder if they're now thinking 'what if...'

Nobody expected us to be in the finals, everyone thought Richmond was going to win and now nobody expects us to beat the Swans. I think underdog and rank outsider are right where we want to be and you never know.

If we can find a way of stopping supply to Tippett then who knows....