Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 77540 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #210
The last two weeks have told me more about this Club than the previous twenty two weeks did. I think we gained alot of respect yesterday. Heck I had an arrogant prick Dawks supporter (who rubbishes us big time at every possible opportunity and never rated us one iota) say things like "great game", "Juddy's a freak", "Gibbs played one hell of a game" etc etc. He then went onto to suggest we are a chance to go all the way, the scary bit was that he genuinely wasnt taking the piss, he was deadly serious.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #211
The last two weeks have told me more about this Club than the previous twenty two weeks did. I think we gained alot of respect yesterday. Heck I had an arrogant prick Dawks supporter (who rubbishes us big time at every possible opportunity and never rated us one iota) say things like "great game", "Juddy's a freak", "Gibbs played one hell of a game" etc etc. He then went onto to suggest we are a chance to go all the way, the scary bit was that he genuinely wasnt taking the piss, he was deadly serious.
Nah. Don't get sucked in I do the same to my BIL every time we play Tigers  ;D
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #213
Just want to pay tribute to 2 players who weren't world beaters yesterday but whose attitude, I'm sure, played a HUGE part in the win.

1. K. Simpson
2. M. Kreuzer

I have lambasted both (privately and publicly) this year - especially Simmo during the early part of this season, but his desperation and sheer g&d leading up to the finals must have SURELY been shoved under the noses of the rest of the team.

Plus, something tells me the message to Warnock has been that he needs to take a leaf out of Krooz's playbook - throw his weight around, go in hard after the ruck contest and win the ball himself if it's there for the taking.

For me, a couple of examples of how sheer spirit and attitude can be infectious.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #215
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but one thing that I am unsure how to feel about is Mitch Robinsons reaction after rushing that point through: he said on TV afterward that "I was thinking 'Oh no Im gonna get traded now, my careers over.'" - clearly this has come from MM - who himself said that Robinson is a 'coach tester.'

Robinsons reaction is good in that clearly MM demands perfection, but bad if players are so concerned about their futures after one mistake.

Totally with you on this point. I cringed after watching MM's presser last night ( I've thus far been an advocate of MM's appointment). His comment (and accompanying facial expression) regarding MR took me by surprise. Felt it was aimed more at his personality than his football.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #216
If Mitch can't can't cop what MM said in his presser he should give up AFL football and take up macramé! And I'm sure he'd be the first to agree.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #219
sensational!

Reply #220
Carrots, I continue to lurk but I have resisted posting as I am determined to take a real step back from things until I can keep things on a more even keel.

I didn't feel able to deal with Sunday, and the umpiring in the second quarter would have pushed me over the edge, so I am glad I resisted.  How Rance wasn't pinged still riles me.  I also have the feeling like Brettie that I am a bit of a Jonah... in that if I attend we play like crap.

Balme commited a low on field act so consequently I don't have much love for the Richmond FC but I have time for their supporters, who are pretty harmless overall...  I will admit that I admire their passion given that their last 30 years have been tragic yet they continue to rock up and put out for their club who have given basically nothing since 1980. 

I was heartened to see that after such a tumultuous season the game had a great first week, capped off by 95 000 attending a game between traditional rivals.  Footy finally put on a show to push the other rubbish into the background. Unfortunately there had to be a loser on Sunday and most fortunately it wasn't us. 

It was also most pleasing to see some maligned players turn things around and others reap the reward of sheer hard work (As an aside I reckon Duig's is the idea sub, being able to play forward, back and midfield and he is the ideal shock trooper. He offers flexibility and may look scruffy at times but you can't knock the effort).

Would love to see McInnes regain some confidence as well as I feel he could be a very, very good player for us long term and we need that third, cool tall.

So it's off to Sydney with no expectations, just want to see an honest effort.  Trust you are all well and enjoying having to saddle up for another week... I guess supporters of a few other clubs are looking at dusting off the mower and cleaning the paint brushes next weekend...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #221
[flash=450,450]http://www.youtube.com/v/cy_w72DuOmc[/flash]

Reply #222
If Mitch can't can't cop what MM said in his presser he should give up AFL football and take up macramé! And I'm sure he'd be the first to agree.
You're missing the point.
Mitch didnt say it after MM's presser, he thought/felt it before. It was his immediate reaction upon stuffing up

Reply #223
Mitch didnt say it after MM's presser, he thought/felt it before. It was his immediate reaction upon stuffing up

Tex, sorry I've not made myself clear. I was replying to Denimundies post about what MM had said about Mitch at his presser, not talking about Mitch's statement. Don't have a real problem with his stuff up or his statement about it really - honest mistake IMO. In fact I didn't know that rule and I spent 5 mins abusing umpire Simon Overland for giving that free kick before my mate and I realised it was indeed a fair call.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #224

Tex, sorry I've not made myself clear. I was replying to Denimundies post about what MM had said about Mitch at his presser, not talking about Mitch's statement. Don't have a real problem with his stuff up or his statement about it really - honest mistake IMO. In fact I didn't know that rule and I spent 5 mins abusing umpire Simon Overland for giving that free kick before my mate and I realised it was indeed a fair call.
No worries cookie. Simon Overland gone from top cop to umpiring?!