Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Post Game Conversations: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 29654 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Post Game Conversations: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #15
Score flattered us. :(

Yep...Cats looked like they were only at half rat power most of the night.....players like Danger looked like they couldnt care less.
We were very poor and it looks like we are done and looking to just see out the season...

Reply #16
The forward line is crap, there's no defensive pressure at all apart from Silvagni and unless someone takes a mark the ball comes bouncing back out like it's hit a brick wall.

They're the only one's who hit the scoreboard tonight. Wright was the only small to nail a goal. The rest was crap, overall pressure was crap.

Reply #17
Given who we have missing the loss is no surprise.  No clear winners, just cameos and glimpses from kids like big Charlie and Fish.  Too many blokes are getting games because there simply is nobody else.  The likes of Lamb, when is he going to contribute something?  No leaders, no physicality, we're currently non competitive and irrelevant.

The lack of physicality in a physical game is pathetic.  A million missed or batted aside tackles.  Twice Levi could have massacred blokes in the hole and he didn't. Until we get ruthless we are stuffed.

Next week will be even uglier.  I predicted 2-4 wins and the spoon.  I reckon I'm closest to the pin right now.  I'd cough up that pick for Kelly and Hopper, because if we go around in 2018 with the same midfield group we'll be relegated.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
The only excitement I got was to jump on Ladbrokes and check Dusty's odd for the Brownlow. Did that about the time Kreuzer went down.

Reply #19
Not a great night. We're really missing Cripps and Ed Curnow. Too many kids running out of steam too. 9 players with single figures is not acceptable, but the cupboard is bare at VFL level too.

Loved Samo and Charlie tonight though, Harry's two goals showed his class. There are some positives in a largely forgettable game.

Reply #20
Given who we have missing the loss is no surprise.  No clear winners, just cameos and glimpses from kids like big Charlie and Fish.  Too many blokes are getting games because there simply is nobody else.  The likes of Lamb, when is he going to contribute something?  No leaders, no physicality, we're currently non competitive and irrelevant.

The lack of physicality in a physical game is pathetic. A million missed or batted aside tackles.  Twice Levi could have massacred blokes in the hole and he didn't. Until we get ruthless we are stuffed.

Next week will be even uglier.  I predicted 2-4 wins and the spoon.  I reckon I'm closest to the pin right now.  I'd cough up that pick for Kelly and Hopper, because if we go around in 2018 with the same midfield group we'll be relegated.

We are a very small light team, when you lose Cripps then Kreuzer we lack big bodies and its easy to push us around...the lack of size also means we struggle to stick tackles and the amount of
non tackles or broken tackles was high tonight IMO...

Reply #21

The lack of physicality in a physical game is pathetic.  A million missed or batted aside tackles.  Twice Levi could have massacred blokes in the hole and he didn't. Until we get ruthless we are stuffed.

You mean there is a chance we could go down a league? We might become top dogs again.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #22
It would nice if we could because it's boys versus men ATM.  Watching the likes of Samo and Jack trying to drag down Menegola, Smith and Hawkins... It was just futile.

I was concerned with our drafting last year, a lot of small mids, and they aren't ever going to become big mids.

Reply #23
We are a very small light team, when you lose Cripps then Kreuzer we lack big bodies and its easy to push us around...the lack of size also means we struggle to stick tackles and the amount of
non tackles or broken tackles was high tonight IMO

That was one area we were up on surprisingly. 85-69.
Not too bad as far as I can make out.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #24
Maybe play Jaksch next week at FF and play Levi as first ruck? Is Byrne is fit I'd give him a run as well.

Reply #25
We need Dusty

Reply #26
We just can't afford to keep on having seasons like this one, there's been way too many of them and with every year that passes near the foot of the ladder it becomes harder to attract new members, particularly school kids.
We've tried short term fixes before and most long term supporters realise that the path we've taken this time is our only hope for success, but it will take time that I'm not sure that we have.
We are still 6 or 8 good players away from being a threat.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #27
It would nice if we could because it's boys versus men ATM.  Watching the likes of Samo and Jack trying to drag down Menegola, Smith and Hawkins... It was just futile.

I was concerned with our drafting last year, a lot of small mids, and they aren't ever going to become big mids.

Zac attack had a red hot crack too. Importantly, they tackled. Realistically we can't expect the outcome to be different, so long as the attempt and perseverance is there. One of the few smiles for me was watching Samo go hell for leather trying to bring down the likes of Smith. Was like he was swinging around a big pole ;)

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #28
We really have become irrelevant on the field. After some promising signs we are now staring down the barrel of another spoon. 4 years straigh now of absolute sh*t and 23 wins over that period, and tonight would suggest we are still miles away from having a consistent and competent AFL standard team.

There are so many things wrong it's hard to know where to start. Leadership of the team needs to be addressed because it is failing terribly at the moment. The list is still light years from being top 8 material and has more holes than Swiss cheese.

It's very hard to see how we can break the cycle of chronic underperformance with what we have at our disposal right now. We get to add 1 good pick this year which is hardly going to generate the sort of change we need. We are not far off requiring a priority pick to maintain competitiveness.

Reply #29
Really like Samos efforts today.

Extremely disappointed with Cunners meagre 6 posessions in a game where he had to help out stand and be counted in the middle.