Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Post Game Conversations: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 29658 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Post Game Conversations: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #30
Yes terrible game, stayed until the end as have taught the kids you have to stay until the end. Cats supporters were pretty quiet really so it wasn't too annoying.

I still have faith in BB and the boys.  We do need some
Big bodies out there tho, I don't know if the navy blue is just particularly slimming but our boys did look like little kids next to the Cats, including our Snr players!

Also realised today, none of our boys take on the game anymore - no running bounces to get closer to the 50 - of course when I thought it, Fish went ahead and did it!  But that run seems gone from our game - is that just youth running out of puff?

Charlie really seems Something special.  Hope MK is ok and would laugh is Danger went for it.

Oh and absolutely loathe Tuohy and Hendo - makes My blood boil that they'll be playing finals. screwers.

Reply #31
The rot stems from the top - Murphy is a soft leader, Gibbs his equal, arguably not a peanut of a leader...

Our midfield is embarrassing.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #32
Not a great night. We're really missing Cripps and Ed Curnow. Too many kids running out of steam too. 9 players with single figures is not acceptable, but the cupboard is bare at VFL level too.

Loved Samo and Charlie tonight though, Harry's two goals showed his class. There are some positives in a largely forgettable game.
20 disposals and game high 10 tackles. Did well the kid, unfortunately had no mates. CC tried hard, H showed glimpses of the future. The midfield needs sooooooo much work. We can go to the draft obviously but its going to take a few years to fix (ie more drafting and development of what young mids we already have). Cunners would want to get a wriggle on and find some consistency or he will find himself on the scrap heap sooner than he realises. I am not suggesting he needs to single handedly needs win us games as he is just a kid, but he needs to show a hell of a lot more in a side screaming for midfield effort.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
Didn't see the game, but not overly surprised by the result.
My question is, with Cripps and Curnow out, why aren't the likes of Palmer and Smedts getting a game? It's times like now, late in the season when we have a few injuries that they should be useful additions to the team.
Not great form in the VFL probably hasn't helped them, but it's disappointing......
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #34
My question is, with Cripps and Curnow out, why aren't the likes of Palmer and Smedts getting a game? It's times like now, late in the season when we have a few injuries that they should be useful additions to the team.
Not great form in the VFL probably hasn't helped them, but it's disappointing......

Good post.

We drafted these guys for his exact situation and yet they still can't crack a game.

Reply #35
Really like Samos efforts today.

Extremely disappointed with Cunners meagre 6 posessions in a game where he had to help out stand and be counted in the middle.

The game plan is wrong.  98 handballs is an awful worry.  We don't share it around.

Reply #36
my thoughts exactly

Reply #37
Is that 3 injuries in 2 years for Dangerfield v Carlton?
Murphy, Judd and Kruezer.
Any chance we ever, ever, ever do anything about it?

Reply #38
Good post.

We drafted these guys for his exact situation and yet they still can't crack a game.
We didn't want them, their clubs didn't want them to stay so we got blackmailed into taking them as steak knives with the players and picks we wanted!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
My thoughts exactly JH, that's why I was so p!ssed when Casboult failed to nail a couple standing in his space.  While we let blokes like  Danger lord  it over us we will remain irrelevant - we have zero respect.  We have to earn it the hard way.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40
Just watched the replay of the Kreuzer incident, why didn't he get a free for holding the man?
I think Bryce held Danger for a split second too long and got pinged.
Frigging umpires.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #41
Did you see Selwood tummy tap Kerridge ?

Umpiring didn't affect the result but the Cats get away with murder...constant throws, front on or highish tackles, infringements around the contest - a lot of marginal stuff goes their way.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #42
Just watched the replay of the Kreuzer incident, why didn't he get a free for holding the man?
I think Bryce held Danger for a split second too long and got pinged.
Frigging umpires.
Or when Murph got pinged for holding in the man in the centre of the ground in the 3rd or 4th??? That was a disgrace. Dangerfield you can barely lay a finger on and the umps blow their whistle. The free to Hawkins in a ruck contest with Kruze where the ump said he was dragged down. BS, as soon and Kruze made contact, he dropped his knees and threw himself backwards, arms outstretched (like his kent of a coach does in the box), whistle, free, goal!!! Yes there were some aweful frees, thats not why we got hammered though.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #43
Is that 3 injuries in 2 years for Dangerfield v Carlton?
Murphy, Judd and Kruezer.
Any chance we ever, ever, ever do anything about it?
Ill bet Bambi doesnt even get cited. If he does, it will be a fine at worst. Our Club should complain strongly if this occurs. I see little difference between what he did last night and what Gibbs to Gray a few years ago.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #44
Did you see Selwood tummy tap Kerridge ?

Umpiring didn't affect the result but the Cats get away with murder...constant throws, front on or highish tackles, infringements around the contest - a lot of marginal stuff goes their way.
Those constant throws they do. Selwood got pinged twice for it and he was gobsmacked he did anything wrong.
Our tackling was crape. Would always grab around the waist and leave their arms free to dish the ball off.
2024... Moir of the same to come