Skip to main content
Topic: RIP Drew Morphett (Read 2914 times) previous topic - next topic

RIP Drew Morphett

I just heard that Drew Morphett has passed away.

I didn't mind his commentary and insights into various sports.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: RIP Drew Morphett

Reply #1
Sad news, only 69 years old. I remember him on the ABC years ago before he went to Ch 7.
RIP.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
Sad news, only 69 years old. I remember him on the ABC years ago before he went to Ch 7.
RIP.

Same. An old school commentator that could teach the current crop of BT, Darcy etc. a thing or two.

RIP

Reply #3
The Coodabeens had a bit of a tribute to Drew and one of the stories told involved Drew being taken to a function to celebrate a young lad's 22nd birthday.  Before long, Drew had all of the young blokes involved in a two-up school!

He was old school but in a good way!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
The Coodabeens had a bit of a tribute to Drew and one of the stories told involved Drew being taken to a function to celebrate a young lad's 22nd birthday.  Before long, Drew had all of the young blokes involved in a two-up school!

He was old school but in a good way!

The old school was the one I went to. I was happy there!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
Same. An old school commentator that could teach the current crop of BT, Darcy etc. a thing or two.

RIP

Drew was my absolute favourite commentator.  He drew (pun unintended) the picture around the game, without screeching or trying to be the star of the game.  VALE Drew.  :'(

Reply #6
Just shocked when I heard the news....feeling VERY old now. Greatly missed.

Reply #7
Vale Drew. You will be missed.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
He will always be a 'winner'

Reply #9
Really shocked and saddened to hear this news this morning, seemed to be a terrific guy from the tributes I have been hearing from his colleagues today....RIP Drew

Reply #10
So sad, Vale Drew Morphett , lots of memories , RIP