Skip to main content
Topic: Who was better in 2011? (Read 6896 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who was better in 2011?

Reply #15
It seems as though a grudge was at play in that situation. Were there any grudges against Murphy or Judd from coaches ? And can't players who vote in the players award also hold a grudge ?

Well if Ratten liked Murphy way more than Judd (not saying that was the case) that could have had a huge influence.

Murphy had a great year in 2011, far better than this year but Judd was on another level and is probably the prime reason why Murphy isn't as good anymore.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
Well if Ratten liked Murphy way more than Judd (not saying that was the case) that could have had a huge influence.

Murphy had a great year in 2011, far better than this year but Judd was on another level and is probably the prime reason why Murphy isn't as good anymore.

mbb, your case will continue to be on shaky foundations if you rely on things like this. The stats I quoted earlier would indicate that Murphy had a better year, although there really wasn't anything major separating them.

Judd's great inside work definitely helped Murphy. Of that there is no question. I've said before Murphy is at his best as an outside receiver / distributor and goal sneak / small forward. He was never built to do inside grunt work, and has battled manfully in this position under less than ideal circumstances.

Reply #17
And I should also add whilst most of the focus for the inside work falls rightfully on Judd, we shouldn't forget the good work of blokes like Carrots, Robbo and Brock, who all helped give the 2 stars a big chop out.

Reply #18
Who was better in 2000? Kouta, Ratten or Campo?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #20

Weren't you trying to tell everyone how good Mitchell was by pointing to the AFLCA votes earlier this year?

You 'proved' Mitchell was better because he had more votes.

Even though Murphy polled in more games this year.
Perhaps Mitchell is very much liked by Al Clarkson since he had to justify his recruitment to the club.
Perhaps Bolton is very much an anti Murphy and should give him MORE votes.

Perhaps....just perhaps....you are fighting a losing battle and you should just accept that Murphy is a very good player who you have underrated. ;)

Reply #21
I have said he is a good player just not our best this year. Docherty and Kreuzer were easily our best hence AA nominations.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
Losing battle?

Our club is the one fighting a losing battle at the bottom end of the ladder with him as our skipper.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #23
I have said he is a good player just not our best this year. Docherty and Kreuzer were easily our best hence AA nominations.
Again, flawed logic.

The best 22 players in the game might all be midfielders. But the AA side is not going to have 22 midfielders is it. (although they do try sometimes).

So Murphy didn't make the team, maybe he was the next best mid, maybe he was the 10th best mid. If Mids were the best players in the game, then there would be some who would be better players than those who actually made the squad.

Look at it this way. Is there someone who was NOT in the AA team who you would want in your side before someone who was?

Reply #24
Losing battle?

Our club is the one fighting a losing battle at the bottom end of the ladder with him as our skipper.

Who should be skipper and i'll give you a reason why they shouldn't be.

Reply #25
Losing battle?

The casual inference in your last paragraph is that Murphy is either solely or significantly responsible for our current predicament. A very dubious claim at best. My guess is that the club wishes it had more Murphys and not less.

Also, there are many very good players who receive very few awards, or none at all. Nathan Jones from Melbourne is one example.

Reply #26

Isn't any good? He just won the B & F. Obviously very good. Because you don't like him doesn't change things.

Reply #27

That is flawed again
They are competing in different roles
And it is from a panel that probably watch at best 1/2 our games

I thought Murphy or Doc were our best Kreuzer slightly behind
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #28
Who cares? I am more interested in who is going to be the best in 2018. There are people on this site who do not like Murphy or Gibbs. Get over it, they are both great Carlton players.

Reply #29
Who cares? I am more interested in who is going to be the best in 2018. There are people on this site who do not like Murphy or Gibbs. Get over it, they are both great Carlton players.

BM, the mods have a strictly enforced policy that anyone who comes on here speaking plain English and making perfect sense receives a lifetime ban.