Skip to main content
Topic: Walls goes "Bang" (Read 20933 times) previous topic - next topic

Walls goes "Bang"

At SEN website

Well as usual Walls doesn't leave much to the imagination!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Walls goes "Bang"

Reply #1
Yep he kicked truly with that one. He is right about our improvement defensively and of course we were all told we were a potential top 4 team. Simply not the case.

Reply #2
Agree totally with what he says on this. We have had no improvement at the "club" not just team.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #3
Walls is getting very senile and needs to stop embarrassing himself.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4

I thought the points he made were fairly reasonable. It is obvious from his tone on how he regards the sacking of Ratten and when you consider where we are it doesn't look good. Yes Mick Malthouse was going to have to change the way we play but I think the expectation was we were better than we actually are.

Reply #6
I guess a month is a long time in football

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-fans-can-dare-to-dream-of-a-flag-20130606-2nsii.html

Carlton has flown under the radar but the top four – and even a flag – is now possible

LOL yes it is a long time. Who know maybe in another month we'll all look back and laugh.....hopefully not hysterically whilst rocking back and forth and muttering to ourselves "it's all OK, it's all OK, it's all OK".

Reply #7
Exactly Shakin.

Who could forget his articles on Fev?

One week Fev should be traded. Next week he should be captain. Next week he should have been traded years ago.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
When Robert Walls speaks, at the time you find yourself agreeing with his comments thinking he is saying exactly what we are thinking.

The problem though as Shakin' has clearly pointed out, he flips & flops backwards, forwards & sideways depending on his feng shui reading, the latin horoscope or which phase the moon is in. There really is no consistency at all in his comments which is not only disturbing but equally destroys his credibility overall (and that is coming from Mr. Inconsistent himself).

I'd really like Rob Walls, when it comes to Carlton, the club he obviously still loves dearly & passionately, to say what he genuinely thinks and is in the best interests of the club overall, not what will sell a newspaper or get viewers to the TV screen.

He can change his views as often as he changes his undies for all I care when it comes to the other clubs, just be honest & forthright when speaking about the Carlton Football Club. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #9
When Robert Walls speaks, at the time you find yourself agreeing with his comments thinking he is saying exactly what we are thinking.

The problem though as Shakin' has clearly pointed out, he flips & flops backwards, forwards & sideways depending on his feng shui reading, the latin horoscope or which phase the moon is in. There really is no consistency at all in his comments which is not only disturbing but equally destroys his credibility overall (and that is coming from Mr. Inconsistent himself).

I'd really like Rob Walls, when it comes to Carlton, the club he obviously still loves dearly & passionately, to say what he genuinely thinks and is in the best interests of the club overall, not what will sell a newspaper or get viewers to the TV screen.

He can change his views as often as he changes his undies for all I care when it comes to the other clubs, just be honest & forthright when speaking about the Carlton Football Club.

I think it depends on the perspective you chose.

He seems reasonably consistent to me;

- He has always claimed our list loaded with 1st round draft picks has the talent to challenge but has failed to make the most of it. He is not alone in this assessment and just this week we see a number of journalists asking what went wrong.

- He has always questioned the replacement of Brett Ratten based on last seasons injury situation.

- He has never been a MM booster.

- He is correct about the points against.

- I thought his focus about a lack of improvement was more based on the coaching, MC and tactics rather than the players or the list. When he focuses on players he generally names them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
I think when Wallsy now speaks about Carlton he is speaking as a supporter, rather than a hard headed footy analyst. That's why you end up with an article a couple of weeks ago that mentioned the "F" word.

He is on the same wild emotional roller coaster we all are.

I don't quite get the "should have kept Ratten" argument. I think you could argue we would be no better off, and Ratts would be in the process of getting the arse right now.

At the time, i would have given Ratten the final year of his contract. You know what, i've gotten over it and moved on. Just like i did when Wallsy was sacked.

Reply #11

You or him? A lot of people are starting to see the light MBB, you just seem to dismiss everyone with one liners and not much else. I agree with everything he said, we haven't improved defensively and we ditched Ratts because we thought we could challenge for the big one. Our new coach seems to be doing no better. He is entitled to his opinion and its far from embarrasissing, he just telling it like it is.

With regards to his articles on Fev, who could forget the fact that you said we'd improved, would beat Collingwood by 8 goals, and once we got smashed turned around and said we had to go backwards to go forwards? Lol that's about as big of a turnaround as I've seen. Surely if you thought we'd win by 8 goals we've underachieved when losing by 6? Alas your man can do no wrong. The goal posts move every week with you.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12
Yes I picked us to win and we lost, even the best tipsters get it wrong some time.

I've said since before Malthouse was officially appointed we would have to go backwards to go forwards just like Parkin did in 1991.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13

I think it depends on the perspective you chose.

He seems reasonably consistent to me;

- He has always claimed our list loaded with 1st round draft picks has the talent to challenge but has failed to make the most of it. He is not alone in this assessment and just this week we see a number of journalists asking what went wrong.

- He has always questioned the replacement of Brett Ratten based on last seasons injury situation.

- He has never been a MM booster.

- He is correct about the points against.

- I thought his focus about a lack of improvement was more based on the coaching, MC and tactics rather than the players or the list. When he focuses on players he generally names them!
Lack of player development, 1 of the biggest issues at the club IMO.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #14
Lack of player development, 1 of the biggest issues at the club IMO.

100% agree. This is where the revolution at Carlton needs to happen or it just goes around again.