Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 59333 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #450
I'm with you Paul,  massive no from me.   Lyon has a stench emanating from him that is not good... Whatever happened with that woman at the Christmas party sets a very poor example.  Can't have a coach expecting players to adhere to codes of behaviour when he didn't. 

I spend a lot of time in WA and the dockers are treated as a running joke over there.   They're irrelevant ..... Like a pesky and silly little brother by the Eagles' legion of fans.   For good reason because they are the complete antithesis of the Eagles Megacorp.   It's a shame because the Fremantles at WAFL level are solid clubs with long histories and very loyal,  engaged supporters.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #451
I can;t recall if it was this thread or not, but we were talking about % as a guide of development and people were complaining our % was akin to our wooden spoon years (after a premature 3 rounds).

It went up after a narrow loss last week.

Obviously, it went up again today.....to quite the respectable 92.6%

It hasn't been that high since round 21....2014!

I'd say there is a fair bit of development occurring.

Reply #452
I can;t recall if it was this thread or not, but we were talking about % as a guide of development and people were complaining our % was akin to our wooden spoon years (after a premature 3 rounds).

It went up after a narrow loss last week.

Obviously, it went up again today.....to quite the respectable 92.6%

It hasn't been that high since round 21....2014!

I'd say there is a fair bit of development occurring.

Yep,
It's a measurable improvement.

We just have to be a little careful.
In the early games it can fluctuate wildly because there isn't a great margin between your 'for' and 'against' especially if you've been involved in a few close matches.
After Round 1 it was 66%
A good win or a bad loss can boost it...or damage it significantly because your dealing with small numbers.

A large part of our percentage progress this year has been on the back of an  excellent defence.

You can compare it on a week to week basis...but that's also a bit meaningless because you play different sides in different conditions each year.
I might do it in that goal tracker thread just for a comparison but don't put a lot of weight on it.

As the season progresses it will give us a more significant picture and a better measure of improvement

Reply #453
Yep,
It's a measurable improvement.

We just have to be a little careful.
In the early games it can fluctuate wildly because there isn't a great margin between your 'for' and 'against' especially if you've been involved in a few close matches.
After Round 1 it was 66%
A good win or a bad loss can boost it...or damage it significantly.

A large part of our percentage progress this year has been on the back of an  excellent defence.

You can compare it on a week to week basis...but that's also a bit meaningless because you play different sides in different conditions each year.
I might do it in that goal tracker thread just for a comparison but don't put a lot of weight on it.

As the season progresses it will give us a more significant picture and a better measure of improvement

And that my friends is where this rebuild began. In defense.
Now that line has consolidated, it's time for the others to follow. Won't happen this year but it will happen  :)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #454
And that my friends is where this rebuild began. In defense.
Now that line has consolidated, it's time for the others to follow. Won't happen this year but it will happen  :)

Actually we might start firing in about ten weeks.

If I were a betting man, I might consider 2020 a possible premiership year.

The right combination of ingredients are there, and all we need is an injury free run for the next 18 months to be a chance.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson