Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 428079 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #3315
Has got worse and is off work, having scans tomorrow.
All the best to MIL MBB.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3317
The good Dr Fielding left out the 820 deaths in Victoria and also didn't disclose she is a long time labor member but we won't hold that against her in terms of political bias..

Reply #3318
It was obvious of her bais when reading it - doesn't mean there aren't a couple of valid points.   It sometimes helps you understand things better,  can strengthen your stance or just make you shake your head! 

Reply #3319
It was obvious of her bais when reading it - doesn't mean there aren't a couple of valid points.  It sometimes helps you understand things better,  can strengthen your stance or just make you shake your head!
Yes, a political and self-promoting article but it does have some good points.

Fundamentally, the modern media is just a paid arm of social media, they are mostly bloggers getting syndicated by someone like Murdoch because it's the lowest cost way to run a newspaper or magazine, and they count their own numbers reporting the issue as strong supporting evidence.

There are very few professional journalists left, this is why once they pick a direction they will all fall into line like a shoal of fish, even if they are swimming head first into a shark!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3320
It was obvious of her bais when reading it - doesn't mean there aren't a couple of valid points.   It sometimes helps you understand things better,  can strengthen your stance or just make you shake your head! 
Im more in the shake my head camp with the good Dr Fielding but I take your point.
I think I remember seeing her on Q&A on the ABC which of course has reps from both major parties usually as well neutrals and the odd Greta Thunberg for a bit of spice and the good Dr was flushed out for her pro labor views. Which is fine but she should disclose she is a long term paid up member when she comments on political issues...

Reply #3321
It's a weird description but I get it, Gladys has basically parachuting NSW off the cliff, and either way the outcome is the same you'll end up at the bottom of a one way journey with no return!

There will be a bit of nervousness now that politicians are turning up positive, they are serial hand shakers, highly mobile and out doing the meet and greet despite sensible restrictions. I wonder how many Bushies and CWA members the agriculture minister had a cuppa with over the last couple of weeks. They've all come together in one location, then spread like the wind Bullseye, trailed by a team of PAs and advisors!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3322
First is was SA, now it's NSW, shipping COVID cases to Victoria!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3324
Best wishes to the MIL MBB.
It looks like the doc was onto it pretty quickly.
One of the issues for some may be deciding when to go and get things checked.
When does a minor side effect turn into a major one?

Reply #3325
Had my 2nd AZ today - fingers crossed - OK so far.

Hope all goes well MBB.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3326
Good on ya, Cookie. You go from around 33% to about 90% protection and overseas experience suggests it is effective against the Delta variant. And breakthrough infections are much less serious.

Gladys reflects on her unwillingness to go hard on suppressing the Delta superspreader event:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqgDoo_eZE&feature=youtu.be&noapp=1

Reply #3327
Gladys reflects on her unwillingness to go hard on suppressing the Delta superspreader event:
Scotty from Marketing has her back, of course he has because he has been asleep at the wheel leaving our fate to the Grace of God!

I presume they'll end up blaming Dan!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3328
I can’t believe there hasn’t been outrage over the revelation the limo driver was unvaccinated (and was apparently not a great fan of PPE). The explanation for allowing this was that excluding unvaccinated drivers would leave fewer drivers available than they wanted. Bugger me ... isn’t that just a structural limitation that should have limited the number of flights coming in? If I go to the Emergency Department for treatment, I don’t want to hear that receptionists and cleaning crew are seeing patients in order to cope with the flow of cases.

Surely if they’d offered to double or triple payments to drivers but only vaccinated drivers could move flight crews, the unvaccinated drivers would have fallen over themselves in the rush to be vaccinated. And what about the other cliché solution to all things Covid-related: the ADF? There are plenty of drivers in their transport sections and they’re presumably all vaccinated. And if getting police to sit on a chair to keep an eye on a floor in a quarantine hotel is a good use of their time, then surely police driving limos is worthwhile too ...

Reply #3329
I can’t believe there hasn’t been outrage over the revelation the limo driver was unvaccinated (and was apparently not a great fan of PPE). The explanation for allowing this was that excluding unvaccinated drivers would leave fewer drivers available than they wanted. Bugger me ... isn’t that just a structural limitation that should have limited the number of flights coming in? If I go to the Emergency Department for treatment, I don’t want to hear that receptionists and cleaning crew are seeing patients in order to cope with the flow of cases.
They are not forcing anybody  to be vaccinated, there are staff, nurses and doctors in hospital emergencies departments that have chosen not to be vaccinated.

You do not even have to be vaccinated to work at a COVID testing centre.
The Force Awakens!