Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427987 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #4245
She's not getting off lightly either GTC .... but I hate this effin' carousel with arbitrary decision making every five minutes.  Fark the lot of them.

Reply #4246
She's not getting off lightly either GTC .... but I hate this effin' carousel with arbitrary decision making every five minutes.  Fark the lot of them.
I for one am confident (after 6 times) our health officials in Vic make the right calls when advising the Premier (unlike other states).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4247
Guys, you are better off accepting it is what it is.

Its highly liberating.

The lockdowns happen because they have a sufficient number of primary contacts of each positive case to warrant stopping further spread.

They are short, they are annoying, but the alternative isnt necessarily any better, and even if it starts off that way, it wont end that way.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4248
You'd bloody well hope so after 800 dead GTC !!

Reply #4249

Its highly liberating.

The lockdowns happen because they have a sufficient number of primary contacts of each positive case to warrant stopping further spread.

They are short, they are annoying, but the alternative isnt necessarily any better, and even if it starts off that way, it wont end that way.

👍
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4250

Its highly liberating.

Thry, my favourite and most used saying is "it is what it is". I have accepted it since Lockdown 1.0 mate.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #4251
You'd bloody well hope so after 800 dead GTC !!
To be fair, the Premier said today "we aren't going back to that" acknowledging the disastrous second wave, thats why they are doing what they are doing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #4252
Time to bring in vaccine passports and drive vaccinations. And prepare the police to meet any anti-lockdown protestors vigorously with mass arrests. I’m sick and tired of them treating themselves as if they have a veto over health measures that the majority want.

Can't really do that until everyone can get the vaccine.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4254
Apparently we only get federal funding if we do a 7 day lockdown.  I thought it was a bit odd when they announced it.    Was only expecting 3 days.  Surely they wouldn't do this would they?

Just to clarify Federal funded support for lockdown (as in the people who are forced home).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4256
Given the last lockdown lasted about 10 days or so, there would have been little point making it a 3 or 5 day lockdown. If we’re done in 7 days, I’ll be ecstatic.

Reply #4257

As for the 3rd world nations, no argument, but is the long standing blight of TB (and even poor sanitation) any less concerning?

Fly, below is a small example of a recent water/sanitation project - the improvements to a village are incredible. 

Meet Mr Boundao...for the 1st time in his life, he has his own toilet! 🙌🏽  🚽  Till now, his family would defecate right outside the house, their animals would eat the faeces and bring disease to the family and village due to poor sanitation. His family was often sick due to the close contact between humans and animals. This problem was particularly bad during the rainy season. But they didn't know any different......
Our partners lived and worked alongside 4 villages in the area, providing proper sources of clean water, toilets for most households, hygiene education and training to maintain the systems. Mr Boundao now understands the importance of hygiene and good sanitation. He was able to build his own toilet close to his house, and thanks to the new water system in the village, he and his family have enough water to drink, wash themselves AND flush their toilet!
Mr Boundao is very thankful for the huge improvement the project has brought to his life and his village

Reply #4258
I must admit to feeling a bit shattered yesterday with the new lockdown.  While knowing how we are vs the third world, we live in our world and the attached circumstance - our emotions and concerns about our situation are still valid.

There is a huge cost to these lockdowns as has been pointed out before - mentally, socially and economically.  The cost to the hospitality industry of continually having to throw out stock that will go off, the effort and energy of having to cancel and re-schedule anything social and celebratory multiple times takes its toll.

Thanks Thry, for adding your coping mechanism and outlook.

What does 'learning to live with Covid' mean?  If there is a better way than lockdowns, what is it?  The plan to move on from Covid has been announced by the Government (they are good at announcements...) - is it enough for right now?

Reply #4259
IMO, Dodge, lockdowns and elimination should have been used to buy us time to vaccinate quickly. But the Federal Government has been like a uni student who used swot vac to party and then tries to cram everything in the night before the exam. Right now, we should have been where we’ll be early next year. Unfortunately, it seems that outbreaks and subsequent lockdowns are the only way to generate supply of and demand for vaccines.