Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 114116 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #855
WTF? His opening sentence was in response to the article I posted which dealt with the African gangs scare.
That's exactly correct, we were all having a discussion about crime and politics and you introduced race.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #856
Not a fan but I've watched Gogglebox a couple of times, one of the blokes on it is a bluebagger, a pretty cunny funt. Sits there with the Mrs drinking beer out of his Carlton stubby holder. Ive been told he was an extremely handy surburban footballer in his day.

He's the billy brownless look alike thats always barefoot yeah?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #857
I'm not sure what to make of the Depp / Heard case.

Heard is painting it as further evidence for the oppression of women by a misogynist society.
“I’m heartbroken that the mountain of evidence still was not enough to stand up to the disproportionate power, influence and sway of my ex-husband,” she said.

“I’m even more disappointed with what this verdict means for other women ... I believe Johnny’s attorney succeeded in getting the jury to overlook the key issue of freedom of speech and ignore evidence that was so conclusive that we won in the UK.
But in fairness to Depp, it could easily be that a court has ignored hearsay and looked for genuine evidence find nothing at all conclusive. What Heard describes above as "evidence" were mostly 1st person reports unsupported by any conclusive evidence, there were even some questions over the validity of the physical evidence with one 1st hand report claiming that some of the bruises widely published on the internet did not quite look right, in real life more like makeup than a bruise. Did Heard try to use "looking" as a form of evidence? This would be ironic given how many women now rally online against the practise of judging people by their looks!

Or has Depp's legal team succeeded in the practise of victim blaming.

Heard seems more concerned about her right to to say and do whatever she likes, perhaps for significant profit, rather than being proven a victim of domestic violence.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #858
The bizarre thing about this is that, just on the surface, most of the elation at the decision and support for Depp seems to be coming from women. ???

(Maybe not so bizarre)

My female facebook friends are all over it. ;D
On TV, the cheering outside the court is predominantly female.

The blokes couldn't give a stuff.

Reply #859
Interesting, my wife falls on Depp's side of the debate as well, she seemed to think Heard was stacking it on, it seems to be a view shared by a lot of women.

But it's a very subjective measure, all emotion, empathy and body language based, which I do my best to avoid. My wife seems to think that aspect of Heard's claims are a bit of a tell, too much "feel sorry for me" and not enough "here is what happened" maybe?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #860
I’m not sure the sisterhood is a real thing. My partner always has a go at Jane Bunn for being fat and failing to wear clothes that hide her physique. You’d have thought focussing on her presentation skills and background as a meteorologist might be more important, but apparently not. And in any talent quest decided by public votes, female contestants are dead ducks if there’s a big female vote.

Reply #861
The bizarre thing about this is that, just on the surface, most of the elation at the decision and support for Depp seems to be coming from women. ???

(Maybe not so bizarre)

My female facebook friends are all over it. ;D
On TV, the cheering outside the court is predominantly female.

The blokes couldn't give a stuff.
I havent followed it but my wife and daughter (who is a lawyer) have and they were very happy Depp won the case. They cannot stand Heard. My view is simply this, if your going to accuse someone of abuse, you must have evidence. From what have understood, told (right or wrong), she had nothing other than herself shouting from the rooftops.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #862
There goes her (undeserved) pay day.  Need a comfort pony dear?

Reply #863
There goes her (undeserved) pay day.  Need a comfort pony dear?
Actually I think from the divorce she is still well ahead of the ledger, this amount is just a fraction of what she has already been awarded.

One time too many at the well?

The Force Awakens!

Reply #864
Irrespective of whether or not she won the case, she is more famous for it than not.  I didnt know who she was, but I could tell you that Johnny Depp was in the original Nightmare on Elm Street, as well as 21 Jump Street.

Regarding the abuse, lets not mistake a court finding her guilty of defamation, as him being not guilty of abuse.

This case proved that Amber is a liar, but it didnt disprove that Depp is an abuser, and its entirely possible that both is true enough. 

When you consider Depp and his moral fibre, just remember he tried to sneak dogs into the country and failed.

Paul Hewson

Reply #865
When you consider Depp and his moral fibre, just remember he tried to sneak dogs into the country and failed.
Agree about the proof or disproof stuff.

Just a point of difference, they were Heard's dog they tried to bring in on a private jet, to keep her company while Depp was filming!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #866
^^

Would you have done it?  I would have just filled in the requisite paperwork, and told her to come later.  Its not like he couldnt have sent the plane back to get her.

Paul Hewson

Reply #867
^^

Would you have done it?  I would have just filled in the requisite paperwork, and told her to come later.  Its not like he couldnt have sent the plane back to get her.
No, but the facts still matter, and given what we have seen reported as part of the trial I'm not surprised it was attempted. We have no idea how it came about, but we do know Depp bought into it, at least when he was sober!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #868
Amber Heard is a diagnosed BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)... I wouldn't believe just about anything she said. Compulsive liars and right into drama and blaming everyone else.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #869
Irrespective of whether or not she won the case, she is more famous for it than not.  I didnt know who she was, but I could tell you that Johnny Depp was in the original Nightmare on Elm Street, as well as 21 Jump Street.

Regarding the abuse, lets not mistake a court finding her guilty of defamation, as him being not guilty of abuse.

This case proved that Amber is a liar, but it didnt disprove that Depp is an abuser, and its entirely possible that both is true enough. 

^^

Thry, no it was her

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/17/asia/australia-depp-dogs-trial/index.html