Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game 2021 AFL Rnd 1: Richmond vs Carlton. (Read 14474 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre-Game 2021 AFL Rnd 1: Richmond vs Carlton.

Firstly, for those who hate the Carlton name being listed second, it's a Richmond home game and that has always been the convention at all levels of footy. So I've titled the thread Rnd 1 "Richmond vs Carlton." just like the draw/fixture. You can look at the title and know it's an "Away" game.

50,000 fans at this stage not a bad result, not really any different to an inclement weather result. I think if I recall correctly it doesn't affect us anyway because we killed off the shared gate deal a couple of years back.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Pre-Game 2021 AFL Rnd 1: Richmond vs Carlton.

Reply #1
I think it would also be useful to list the date, start time and venue, even though this information is readily available elsewhere.

Thursday, March 18, 7.25PM, MCG.

Reply #2
Prestia wont play for Richmond due to injury which is a bonus....

Reply #3
I think it would also be useful to list the date, start time and venue, even though this information is readily available elsewhere.

Thursday, March 18, 7.25PM, MCG.
Agreed.

I think using the pre-existing standards is so useful when searching for stuff historically. If we'd maintain the conventions for example we can search for all Away games by entering terms like "vs Carlton", or "Home" games by searching "Carlton vs", and the result is automictically sorted.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Agreed.

I think using the pre-existing standards is so useful when searching for stuff historically. If we'd maintain the conventions for example we can search for all Away games by entering terms like "vs Carlton", or "Home" games by searching "Carlton vs", and the result is automatically sorted.

Yes, agree.

Reply #5
Using the list below as a reference, Charlie and Kemp are out long term, Betts, Levi and McGovern are highly likely, and Newman, Marchbank and TDK less likely than more. Charlie and TDK will be big outs, but we should go in with a pretty strong lineup regardless IMO.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-injury-list-2021-hawks-star-wingard-in-doubt-for-round-one/585x4gnd7ibt15vtrnbsdvss7

Reply #6
It's a little depressing seeing our injury list compared to most teams. The majority of the expected top teams have very few injuries.

Reply #8
The AFL said home club members would receive priority ticket access, but it was up to clubs how they split those between their membership categories.

Away club members will also receive priority after the home club members, and if there’s any tickets left, the general public will be given access.

Ummm, so do Richmond get first dibs with their 100,000 members???    Gunna be a one sided crowd!!!

Reply #9
Ummm, so do Richmond get first dibs with their 100,000 members???    Gunna be a one sided crowd!!!
Are budgerigars allowed?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Paul, That flashing Chimpanzee Avatar should come with a warning for epileptics...☢

Yes, I must admit, it is a little hard on the eyes. File under "it seemed like a good idea at the time."

I can adjust the interval between images, which I will try later.

Reply #13
So If I read correctly in the HS today, they allocate 500-1000 tickets to CFC members for Rnd 1 V Rich. Are they serious?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
So If I read correctly in the HS today, they allocate 500-1000 tickets to CFC members for Rnd 1 V Rich. Are they serious?

It's a tough one. The home side does deserve favouratism re ticketing, but I would have thought 3/4 to 1/4 might be fairer... even 80/20! But 1-2%  :o  is absurd.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17