Skip to main content
Topic: CFC reserves match report - Blues v Saints (Read 1163 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CFC reserves match report - Blues v Saints

Reply #1
There's goals and other highlights as well (on the CFC website).

Reply #2
The smooth moving nice kicking Carroll looks impressive, be a few worried fringe players like Obrien/Cuningham
who wouldnt like what they saw from him.
Gibbons has to be playing senior footy, too smart to be in the magoos, Parks is an interesting player, maybe a
diamond from the rough. Tom Williamson hasnt cemented a place after his comeback and although he is a fav player of mine he
might be in trouble if we lose a few games and a player like Parks can keep impressing.

Reply #3
The smooth moving nice kicking Carroll looks impressive, be a few worried fringe players like Obrien/Cuningham
Gibbons has to be playing senior footy, too smart to be in the magoos, Parks is an interesting player, maybe a
diamond from the rough. Tom Williamson hasnt cemented a place after his comeback and although he is a fav player of mine he
might be in trouble if we lose a few games and a player like Parks can keep impressing.

Don't lob (pun intended) LOB and Cunners in the same bracket.
Cunners has proven he can perform at AFL level. His issue at this stage is consistency.
LOB has proved that you can waste a pick 10 at the draft.

Gibbo is one that i thought was fringe this time last year, but he keeps getting picked and keeps performing.
Not sure why he wasn't given a run in the 1's last week, but i'd have him in the best 25 for R1 at this stage

Reply #4
diamond from the rough.
Tom Williamson hasnt cemented a place after his comeback and although he is a fav player of mine he

Spot on. Exactly my observations of the Magoos as well and the blokes you mentioned.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
Cunners has proven he can perform at AFL level. His issue at this stage is consistency.

Gibbo is one that i thought was fringe this time last year, but he keeps getting picked and keeps performing.
Not sure why he wasn't given a run in the 1's last week, but i'd have him in the best 25 for R1 at this stage

Sorry, K, but I think EB1 is spot on lumping LOB and Cameo Cuningham in the same category, be it for different reasons. In fact I've a tinge more hope for LOB than the Cameo King - been in the system long enough to show some consistency but doesn't. No point having silky and sublime skills if you can't deliver, means you can't rely on him.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6

Only thing Cuningham has proven is he is mega inconsistent and a candidate for delisting or trade at seasons end.
Gibbons is consistent and should be in the 22 for rnd 1 IMHO....

Reply #7
Only thing Cuningham has proven is he is mega inconsistent and a candidate for delisting or trade at seasons end.
Gibbons is consistent and should be in the 22 for rnd 1 IMHO....

Fev was inconsistent too. But his best was better than anyone else.

Now i'm not saying Cunners is anywhere near fev, but his best got him BOG and 3 brownlow votes against Bombers last year.

LOB wouldn't have made it in the top 18 on any given day.....and thats just from our team!

Like it or not, Cunners is not going anywhere, he signed a 3-year deal and is contracted for next year.
LOB is out of contract at the end of this year.

Reply #8

Now i'm not saying Cunners is anywhere near fev, but his best got him BOG and 3 brownlow votes against Bombers last year.

LOB wouldn't have made it in the top 18 on any given day.....and thats just from our team!

Like it or not, Cunners is not going anywhere, he signed a 3-year deal and is contracted for next year.
Don't disagree on LOB, he looks like a bust and will be struggling to stay on the list.
Cuningham might have a contract but can still be traded, I can't find a place for him in my best 22. Richmond won't be an easy game for a player like DC if he plays given their level of talent but it would also present an opportunity to start proving himself. I don't see LOB getting the opportunities DC will but  I also see DC needing to fire up early or he will be an easy target to be dropped given the
number of players who could compete for his position we now have on the list.

Reply #9

Cuningham has his problems. He doesn't know what role he is going to play until he players it. The he is huge one week, missing the next. I find him very frustrating to follow, but I do think he has has the weapons to be a senior player.
O'Brien is going to take a miracle to get to senior standard. He isn't hard enough. He doesn't get enough of the ball. He hasn't been providing the run we need. His kicking, his supposed weapon, hasn't come up at senior level. He is supposed to be able to run all day, but we haven't seen it. I would have trade him to Collingwood for a decent pick in this year's draft (assuming Collingwood has any left).
I was willing to be convinced otherwise, but nothing that I've seen yet suggests that is going to happen.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
I would be be putting my money on Cunners to make it above LOB, but it would only be a modest bet.
Reality always wins in the end.