Skip to main content
Topic: Loynes and Downie (Read 1225 times) previous topic - next topic

Loynes and Downie

This headline on the club website doesn't read like retirement to me! :o

Loynes and Downie to depart the Blues

It sounds more like a Simmo type retirement!

Not that I'm saying that the time isn't right, just do not like the slimy feeling this sort of spin leaves! If this has been on the cards for some time it perhaps explains some of the team's general body language, stuff like this can be quite divisive.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Loynes and Downie

Reply #1
35 and 36 respectively - not sure how well the women players cope with the game as they get older, but that is up there. 
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #2
35 and 36 respectively - not sure how well the women players cope with the game as they get older, but that is up there. 
@tonyo‍ 

Maybe it's a Lauren Arnell type retirement?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
They've been fantastic contributors to the competition.

Nothing in the reporting gives a hint of retirement though. So who knows? Not us supporters anyway, which is annoying.

Whatever is in store for the girls, I hope it brings happiness and satisfaction 💙💙
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
I did notice the wording and thought a similar thing.

That being said....I, and others, have pointing out on a couple occasions this year that the game might be beyond them and its time to go.

As i said in the other thread, the quality of the kids coming through, having played footy their whole lives without stopping, will push them out. Its the right time to go.....even if they are pushed.

Reply #5
After the way Katie and Ali finished off the season, you would think that they could go again.  However, there were times during the season where I thought that they had been overtaken by the youngsters.

I think it is the right time for them to end their playing careers with us, and they both seem more than comfortable with the decision.  I guess that not retiring sends a message to other clubs that they could be available ... and I think that both could play a role with one of the expansion clubs.

What great servants they have been to our club and how durable have they been!  Well done ladies and best wishes for whatever the future may hold.

👏
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball