Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 6996 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #15
For all the hype about our ruck advantage, their mids - Greenwood and the Anderson kid, took the p%;*#
If that wasn't bad enough, our goal kicking was appalling.

Great to get a 2nd W, but that performance still leaves me unconvinced about our side. The the learnings will plenty... hope we can make something of them.

Hats off to our defense. Jones, Weiters (ootf aside), Doc, Samo, and Saad in particular were solid. Parks went alright too I thought. Thank goodness for our interceptions. Without them, I think we'd have lost.
Yes, they moved the ball quite well and our defenders had to work very hard. They stood up well.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Parks barely had a possession, but he did a decent job defending. Not sure he'll keep his place if we have a few guys back. But he does have some idea what he is doing.

Paddy Dow had 8 possessions and just fumbled too often. I think he will go out.
Jack Silvagni didn't get a lot of the ball, but he was lively. His tackle basically won us the game.
Levi barely had a touch either. I would have rucked him more, so he could get into the game. He contested well enough, but we didn't do him any favours.
 Pitto was disappointing. He got his hand to a lot of balls, but we didn't get the ball away. We really have to improve in that area, or good midfields are going to smash us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
Last time we sat in the 8 we played Port the next week and lost with a kick after the siren.

Reply #19
Not a great game, umpiring was putrid early to 14-4 to GCs favour even though we were first to the ball and two goals up! Wtf!?

Dow has skill, a bit of play in the last showed a dash of brilliance. Think he’s your cherry on top deal, which we are NOT asking him to be. Don’t care if we trade him out.

Someone said earlier, Eddie is smart. He is. So is murph. Samo and Saad are smart. We need to work those players into our mid stream to make plays, not hackers. Smart players.

Reply #20
Oh JSOS - SMART. so important to us, he won that game by breaking his shoulder for that tackle, make no mistake

Reply #21
Don’t care if we trade him out.
Lucky if we got a fifth rounder for Dow. He has been in the system too long to be showing so little.
He looks raw and not ready yet he has had a decent run of games. Ruthless teams would have already moved him on.

Reply #22
A bit of a side note. I hope young Slater, CFC's newest recruit, enjoyed watching the tough fight. Hope he had lots of fun shouting for his teammates 💙
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
Kudos to the old blokes - Murphy and Betts - for their poise in such difficult conditions.

Reply #24
A bit of a side note. I hope young Slater, CFC's newest recruit, enjoyed watching the tough fight. Hope he had lots of fun shouting for his teammates 💙
Yes so true. Poor little man. Breaks your heart that stuff and so nice to see the club get involved in these sorts of things.
Puts everything into perspective doesn’t it.

Reply #25
Scary part about Dow have a look at the rest of his draft year and what their doing Davies uniake,cerra,Stephenson, Clark, coffield ,naughton, brander, Zac Bailey,Ed Richards,starcevich,Oscar Allen, Tim Kelly,Noah balata,LiamRyan,fritsch,Ainsworth, Tom mcartin,constable,petrucelle, James Worpel, gryan  miers, even Guelfi and switowski where all taken with picks after Dow! And most where after O’Brien!
Would give my left agate for a Cerra Worpel or Liam Ryan 🙄
Just an example of how others are improving and playing roles where our two top ten picks are....................

Reply #26
Parks barely had a possession, but he did a decent job defending. Not sure he'll keep his place if we have a few guys back. But he does have some idea what he is doing.

Paddy Dow had 8 possessions and just fumbled too often. I think he will go out.
Jack Silvagni didn't get a lot of the ball, but he was lively. His tackle basically won us the game.
Levi barely had a touch either. I would have rucked him more, so he could get into the game. He contested well enough, but we didn't do him any favours.
 Pitto was disappointing. He got his hand to a lot of balls, but we didn't get the ball away. We really have to improve in that area, or good midfields are going to smash us.
They clearly knew they were deficient in the ruck area but their mids were switched on from the get go both at the centre bounces and around the ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
Unless a ruckman does something else other than tap they're pretty much useless.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Scary part about Dow have a look at the rest of his draft year and what their doing Davies uniake,cerra,Stephenson, Clark, coffield ,naughton, brander, Zac Bailey,Ed Richards,starcevich,Oscar Allen, Tim Kelly,Noah balata,LiamRyan,fritsch,Ainsworth, Tom mcartin,constable,petrucelle, James Worpel, gryan  miers, even Guelfi and switowski where all taken with picks after Dow! And most where after O’Brien!
Would give my left agate for a Cerra Worpel or Liam Ryan 🙄
Just an example of how others are improving and playing roles where our two top ten picks are....................

Most on here were very happy with selecting Dow. O' Brien was the surprise selection.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #29
No MBB. Most of us were stunned when we overlooked LDU and Cerra when they were still available.  Then we compounded it by taking LoB instead of Darcy Fogarty (another struggler it turns out) . 
 Silvagni said later than we would have taken Dow even if we had the no 1 pick.  Classic Carlton.   Two top ten picks in a good draft and couldn't pick our nose.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?