Skip to main content
Topic: Movie & TV thread... (Read 12083 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Movie thread...

Reply #16
Actually, it's the title of the first album ever released by Dragon in NZ when they were in their infancy and before they emigrated to OZ and hit it big @cookie2 .

Reply #17
I don't remember it but it's a good title!

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
It's abysmal .... 

Reply #19
Darkness was an interesting track from that album... sounded like they didn't know whether to be Genesis, Jethro Tull, Hocus Pocus or Boston! Their first two albums were a far cry from their early hits here in Oz, 'This Time' & 'Sunshine.'
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
Darkness was an interesting track from that album... sounded like they didn't know whether to be Genesis, Jethro Tull, Hocus Pocus or Boston! Their first two albums were a far cry from their early hits here in Oz, 'This Time' & 'Sunshine.'

Precisely .... no cohesion.  But at their very best, they were amazing.

Reply #22
We are not even 2 pages into this movie thread and half of it is talking about music.  :-[

Reply #23
Is anyone else game enough to admit they really enjoyed Kevin Costner's "The Postman"
I did ;D

Reply #24
You can usually sign up for a free trial of 2 weeks for most of the streaming services.
It's worth it, binge what you can and cancel it.
Do that over the various platforms and you'll find 100s of new movies that cost you nothing.

I like almost all types of movies and go through stages of what I'll watch. In terms of sci-fi, I tend to stay away from the big budget stuff as it's usually dumbed down and incorrect in terms of its science, but there are exceptions.

Mostly I enjoy little Indie Scifi flicks....a lot of them do have a horror/killing edge to them, but I always have an eye to horror so that suits.

A favourite niche genre is 'enclosed room(s)' films. Circle which I mentioned before is one. Cube is a classic and it's 2 sequels are ok too. There was one called Tangent which was pretty interesting, on disney+ I think, or Amazon prime. Exam is another one, but less Sci fi. Fermat's room...the list goes on.

Anyway, see how you go.

Done. Signed up with Stan's free 30 day thing today, looked through their movies - some good stuff. Especially like the look of the World Movies list...

Any recommendations? Love a good psychological thriller. (no vampires or zombies please  ::) )
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25
Done. Signed up with Stan's free 30 day thing today, looked through their movies - some good stuff. Especially like the look of the World Movies list...

Any recommendations? Love a good psychological thriller. (no vampires or zombies please  ::) )
Start with Ex Machina.....underrated.
Looper as well.

Not sure if you've seen it, but Predestination (i think thats on Netflix) is worth a watch.

Again, not sure whats on what right now but have a look at anything Brit Marling has done. Start with 'The Sound of my Voice', East.....tv series the OA. etc.

Reply #27
Loved it @Lods .... great film !!  Many Costner films are.

It's funny.
There was a Facebook post I saw about a week back that was basically "Name a film that most folks regard as a stinker but you really liked"...and "The Postman" got quite a few mentions.
If you like a Sports relevant film "Draft Day" is a good watch.
Costner leaves Silvagni for dead. ;D

Reply #28
It's a must see ... and for me, own

Reply #29
It's funny.
There was a Facebook post I saw about a week back that was basically "Name a film that most folks regard as a stinker but you really liked"...and "The Postman" got quite a few mentions.
If you like a Sports relevant film "Draft Day" is a good watch.
Costner leaves Silvagni for dead. ;D
I generally stay clear of Costner films.

I like 2.
Draft Day is definitely one of them.
Tin Cup is the other one.

Never seen the Postman......and don't really want too. Not my cup of tea.