Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Angst: AFL 2021 Rd 5: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide (Read 5923 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Angst: AFL 2021 Rd 5: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide

Reply #105
Yes, I agree. But for all our butchering, the numbers indicate many opportunities squandered.

There were, but I think a lot of those opportunities came when the game was already over. The stats might fudge that a bit.

Reply #107
There were, but I think a lot of those opportunities came when the game was already over. The stats might fudge that a bit.

Actually, it was the same all game. In the 3rd qtr we had 5 more F50 entries. Port kicked 6.1 from 13 entries in the 3rd qtr. We got 2.5.

Reply #108

Yes, perhaps. If the kicking for goal had been better up to 3/4 time,some scoreboard pressure would have made the final quarter very interesting.

Reply #109
Its not just about the entries, its quality of entries.

They had good quality into plenty of space.
We had bombs to a crowded or outnumbered forwardline.

Reply #110

Yep. They were excellent at picking us off tonight.

Reply #111
I guess we should move to the post match thread.

Reply #112
Yep. They were excellent at picking us off tonight.

We took one more mark inside 50 than Port, and I note Brendan Goddard on the wireless saying they were forcing us wide inside 50 far too often. So the entries and marks were there, just not in the right places. Teague was forward line coach at the Crows - surely he can sort this ?

Reply #113
Yes, perhaps. If the kicking for goal had been better up to 3/4 time,some scoreboard pressure would have made the final quarter very interesting.
Scoreboard flattered us, we were average vs Freo and GC and played the same bruise free brand tonight vs a better skilled team and got  showed up in all areas. This was a disappointing loss..

Reply #114

Or to Eddie who had two talls on him 🙄
L